Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

I want us to win, obviously. Couldn't care less who wins the league because it's not us. Both clubs have glory hunters, Manchester City will get more and more as the years go on. Match going fans of both clubs are pretty sound. The game on Monday night is the sort of game the likes of Vardy will be up for. Up the Foxes and sod everybody else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I want us to win, obviously. Couldn't care less who wins the league because it's not us. Both clubs have glory hunters, Manchester City will get more and more as the years go on. Match going fans of both clubs are pretty sound. The game on Monday night is the sort of game the likes of Vardy will be up for. Up the Foxes and sod everybody else.

This. I want us to win. If that helps Liverpool win the league then great, but in the end - what will be will be. But I think we should be glad Klopp's Liverpool have ran City so close. Man City are primed to dominate the PL for years to come and it doesn't look like Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea or United are catching them any time soon. Last season was a procession.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Can’t be arsed with these nerds getting on there high horses about anyone wanting us to lose on Monday. Get Liverpool in the bin as far as I’m concerned 

Nerds ? 

would prefer Liverpool to win it personally as most I know are sound.

Man City net spend over last 5 seasons  is 563 mill and that is obscene.

Can understand people have differing views but wanting us to lose 5-0.Really.

Always worry about ourselves not others.

Extra 2 mill in the bank each place in the league.

My choice to go but I won’t get back in until 3am ,most 2am I would have thought.

Wishing fellow fans a miserable night and a long tedious journey home after having to pay for it.

Why not say 33rd minute 1-0.

Im not expecting too much,but I want to go.

People talk about Man City's spending as if Liverpool have only spent pennies and as if its some fairytale that they've pushed Man City so close. Quite naive when you think about it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

People talk about Man City's spending as if Liverpool have only spent pennies and as if its some fairytale that they've pushed Man City so close. Quite naive when you think about it. 

Their nett spend is pretty good compared to crude oil fc, Russian gas fc and fanbase debt cover fc 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Now we are coming to the dying embers of 2018/19 season,though there still some sparks left to poke and stoke up....

I just want to say...I am already looking towards next season...We will now have it seems some clubs who  to want to give us a run

For our money,and want to prove its them that are worthy to take the Also-ran-top-spot....or even compete with us for an hopeful

top 4-6 spot!!!I

So..Everton,Wolves,Watford,Newcastle,W.Ham..enjoy your summerbreak....plus Chelsea,Arsenal,Manutd,Spurs ,look behind you,

It could be >you <  missing out on the coconut-shy!!! No matter how many more goes you might have thought you paid for!!

I was just thinking the same. Rather than being "already on the beach" we are seeing a cluster of teams locking into fine form at this late stage, Evertons last 6 or 7 games, Wolves  losing that bit of inconsistency, West Ham finally coming good, Watford managing a good whole season (they often start well but dip after the new year) and ourselves showing the form many of us felt we were capable of.

Wolves look ominously good, Everton look less likely to go and get "silly results" as they have previously done, so seventh next season appears more difficult than it has been for a few years. We'll be up for it, a lot depends on how all of us clubs in that part of the table retain our best players but right now it's like a grand prix starting line where the cars of different colours are all looking impressive, shining under the sun, revving up to go, the last thing I really want is a three month break right now.

Whoever finishes 8th can claim to be the best side in the league to not have the distraction / burden of European games next season, and I believe that club has the chance to jump one or two further places because of that. It'll be so tight that every little detail will matter, so if we're fresh and Wolves have played FC Sporting Veredafuxat on a thursday we have a better chance of a good weekend performance. 

It's debatable whether there is ground to make up on Wolves, had we been managed properly all season and played on the front foot utilising our world class centre forward I'm confident we'd be in a better position than we are but I'll say it again they are very good and have done as well as any newcomers could be expected to. It's no accident, they know what they are doing, they are the real deal.

Whilst watching 6 trying to squeeze into 4 places albeit with the alternative factor that is qualifying via Europa League victory has been fun, adding a twist by seeing our group of clubs bite their tails next time would be even better, those six have boardroom pressure to be up there, you can see the fear in their eyes when it comes down to the wire, I don't see such fear in us or Wolves, just expressive football, bridging those last ten points or so from 6th to 7th would really make this a great league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Can’t be arsed with these nerds getting on there high horses about anyone wanting us to lose on Monday. Get Liverpool in the bin as far as I’m concerned 

Yeah nerds wanting their own team to win games. What's the world coming to :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Guys...we can still win both games and Liverpool can still eff the title up against Wolves.

I know that’ll take 7th away but if we could finish the season with beating Arsenal, Man City (somehow?!) and Chelsea, that would be so encouraging for next season. Especially when you consider what we did the last time we finished a season with serious momentum.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

As @st albans fox said their net spend is still huge for the last 5 seasons but considerably less than Man City by 360 mill and 6th in the Premier League and (only?)60 Mill more than us in 5 seasons.

Not wanting to sound like a Liverpool lover but I’m dealing with facts.

6 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

we’re going to finish either 8th or 9th. there is literally no difference. our season is over, i’d struggle to care too much about our result at this stage of a normal season, let alone a season where our result could give liverpool the title. 

us finishing 9th and them finishing 2nd is at least 8 billion times more preferable than us finishing 8th and them finishing 1st. 

so so obviously i want us to lose. not sure what is so hard for people to understand, here. 

Best joke I have heard in years ??

We win for ourself every game no matter who it is or who benefits from us winning. To want us to lose is a joke. We won the league 3 years ago and it seems some have stayed on the band wagon well get the F*** off it now. 

Edited by TeamRocket
  • Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Don't want Liverpool to win the league but man city are very nearly as bad, stuff the pair of them, get up their and win for our owners our fans and our club.

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

That Fabinho 'foul' has royally pissed me off actually.

Liverpool fans were up in arms when he fouled Messi and they claimed that wasn't a foul, yet he does that and obviously Fabinho isn't gonna get called out by him but it just smacks of typical hypocrisy from them.

Like seriously, where the fvck is the foul?! Ritchie does nothing wrong and yet Fabinho somehow has the ground from swept under him and feels the need to dive. Properly frustrates me how they get away with shit like that.

We'll said my Bedford brother

?????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Don't want Liverpool to win the league but man city are very nearly as bad, stuff the pair of them, get up their and win for our owners our fans and our club.

And don't forget for the money,...we can't  be shy now  can we..??

Edited by fuchsntf

Could care less about the title race. We're doing it for us.

Just want to take it to the Mancs, give them a challenge, and hopefully get ourselves a point or maybe three. We have given them trouble in the past, so let's keep at it and hope Jamie hits 20.

The last two games should be about finishing on a high, and giving something for the others to think about come the off-season. If we get 7th, great! If not, at least try and make a statement.

This is a chance to showcase ourselves, give reason to believe that we will carry on the good form for next season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Of man city win the league we get a extra 5m from the Mahrez transfer.

If we win and liverpool win the league we lose out on 5M.

But then we get a difference in prize money too for a higher position, we win and Liverpool win the league

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

I cannot for the life of me see where there is a foul committed by Ritchie on fabhino! Shocking decision from the linesman. Do the FA want Liverpool to win the league? 

I may be wrong but I believe there was actually a foul committed slightly before all the clips show. Fabinho stays on his feat so an advantage of sorts is played, Fabinho then dives and the lineman flags for the earlier offence.