Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

40 minutes ago, shailen said:

Yeah but they've sold Coutinho for £140m which paid for Van Dyjk and Allison. I can't think of any major feee received for Man City players - on a net basis they far exceed Liverpool's spending. 

I'm not saying Man City are not worthy because of their spending. You still need to spend that money well and have a competent manager - they have all of those things. They've barely built to get to where they are now and have shortcutted their way to the top. I'm not saying it's wrong but it's just why i dont like them more than the scousers .

I tend to agree.  The other thing I would point out is that Liverpool are a genuinely massive club built up over generations. 

Man City are an artificially massive club.  Really, they have no right to be were they are or to spend the transfer money that they have.  Just dumb luck.

• Like 2

Now we are coming to the dying embers of 2018/19 season,though there still some sparks left to poke and stoke up....

I just want to say...I am already looking towards next season...We will now have it seems some clubs who  to want to give us a run

For our money,and want to prove its them that are worthy to take the Also-ran-top-spot....or even compete with us for an hopeful

top 4-6 spot!!!I

So..Everton,Wolves,Watford,Newcastle,W.Ham..enjoy your summerbreak....plus Chelsea,Arsenal,Manutd,Spurs ,look behind you,

It could be >you <  missing out on the coconut-shy!!!  No matter how much more goes you have,it still has to be paid for.!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Surprise surprise Murphy doesn't call out Fabinho like Maddison. Tw**

When or if we win on Monday he will prob never have anything bad to say to us again lol

the amount of liverpool fans in the boozer last night was abhorrent an all

5 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

You don’t really support Leicester do you?

Fancy wanting us to lose 5-0.

we’re going to finish either 8th or 9th. there is literally no difference. our season is over, i’d struggle to care too much about our result at this stage of a normal season, let alone a season where our result could give liverpool the title. 

us finishing 9th and them finishing 2nd is at least 8 billion times more preferable than us finishing 8th and them finishing 1st. 

so so obviously i want us to lose. not sure what is so hard for people to understand, here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

obviously i want us to lose

:jawdrop:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

we’re going to finish either 8th or 9th. there is literally no difference. our season is over, i’d struggle to care too much about our result at this stage of a normal season, let alone a season where our result could give liverpool the title. 

us finishing 9th and them finishing 2nd is at least 8 billion times more preferable than us finishing 8th and them finishing 1st. 

so so obviously i want us to lose. not sure what is so hard for people to understand, here. 

But..but..why!!!!  Even if you are a blue-scouser

why do you hate so.... the best team North of Nottingham..I just find it so hard to believe..:unsure: or to understand,the world is going mad...:facepalm:

Newcastle don't belong in the same sentence as Everton, Leicester and Wolves. But regardless, look at the state of Man Utd. How the mighty have fallen.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Wasn't there a rule in for retrospective action against dives? Be interesting to see if any will be given for this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

There is still a Europe to play for, we win both our games and Wolves lose their last game, we get 7th. I want that for us and I don't care who wins the league. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Wasn't there a rule in for retrospective action against dives? Be interesting to see if any will be given for this.

Not a fvcking chance. If Salah doesn't ever get done then no way does Fabinho. 

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Winning our last 3 games against Arsenal, Citeh and Chelsea would give us a fantastic springboard into next season, don't you remember what happened after our amazing finish in 14/15?...

Personally there is no scenario I can think of that would want me to hope we'd lose a game!.. 

Ah, hang on a minute... 

If a win meant we handed the title to the verminous Spuds.. 

Phew... What a ridiculous thought that is!. thank God its totally impossible. 

• Like 3

We need to forget about this season.

Stick potential development players out against man city and Chelsea see what we can use next season.

We cannot for any moment give liverpool the title 

Souness: We had no luck Wednesday :rolleyes: 

Admittedly I never saw last Wednesday’s game but I don’t think I heard about any controversies? In terms of decisions going for/against luck wasn't involved either way - it doesn't even need discussing. It sounded like Liverpool simply didn’t take their chances, Barca did, you make your own luck in that regard  - as I say I didn’t see the game.

Refreshing to see someone linked with Liverpool say they had luck and it was a dive last night though.

What Neville says at the end is how I feel to be honest, at this stage there is no good result as far as I’m concerned, it’s just Man City winning the league is the slightly better option.

I guess I/we’ve gotta be looking at it that whatever we do tomorrow we either derail Man City’s chances with a draw/win or if we lose it continues as it is, out of Liverpool’s hands and we hope Man City beat Brighton or hope Wolves get something against Liverpool on the last day.

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

IF you are true Leicester you will want us to WIN this game against Man City... we can still get 7th spot!! Anyone wanting us to lose can F off! I don’t give a stuff who wins the title, I want us to do the double over Man City for the first time in 2 years by any club!

End of :scarf:

You can be true Leicester and still not want Liverpool to win the league though... 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

IF you are true Leicester you will want us to WIN this game against Man City... we can still get 7th spot!! Anyone wanting us to lose can F off! I don’t give a stuff who wins the title, I want us to do the double over Man City for the first time in 2 years by any club!

End of :scarf:

I’m with you. There is no circumstance ever I would want us to lose even in dark days when we wanted a manager out I would still want us to win first and foremost. This would be the view of most true fans. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I’m with you. There is no circumstance ever I would want us to lose even in dark days when we wanted a manager out I would still want us to win first and foremost. This would be the view of most true fans. 

So many fans this season wanted Puels side to lose games??? To see him gone

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can’t be arsed with these nerds getting on there high horses about anyone wanting us to lose on Monday. Get Liverpool in the bin as far as I’m concerned 

• Like 1

I want us to win, obviously. Couldn't care less who wins the league because it's not us. Both clubs have glory hunters, Manchester City will get more and more as the years go on. Match going fans of both clubs are pretty sound. The game on Monday night is the sort of game the likes of Vardy will be up for. Up the Foxes and sod everybody else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I want us to win, obviously. Couldn't care less who wins the league because it's not us. Both clubs have glory hunters, Manchester City will get more and more as the years go on. Match going fans of both clubs are pretty sound. The game on Monday night is the sort of game the likes of Vardy will be up for. Up the Foxes and sod everybody else.

This. I want us to win. If that helps Liverpool win the league then great, but in the end - what will be will be. But I think we should be glad Klopp's Liverpool have ran City so close. Man City are primed to dominate the PL for years to come and it doesn't look like Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea or United are catching them any time soon. Last season was a procession.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You can be true Leicester and still not want Liverpool to win the league though... 

Yes, but not on the back of a LCFC loss. 

12 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Can’t be arsed with these nerds getting on there high horses about anyone wanting us to lose on Monday. Get Liverpool in the bin as far as I’m concerned 

Nerds ? 

would prefer Liverpool to win it personally as most I know are sound.

Man City net spend over last 5 seasons  is 563 mill and that is obscene.

Can understand people have differing views but wanting us to lose 5-0.Really.

Always worry about ourselves not others.

Extra 2 mill in the bank each place in the league.

My choice to go but I won’t get back in until 3am ,most 2am I would have thought.

Wishing fellow fans a miserable night and a long tedious journey home after having to pay for it.

Why not say 33rd minute 1-0.

Im not expecting too much,but I want to go.