Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

23 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

I suppose all the money pumped in to the club by our own multi-billionaire owners had nothing to do with our title win then?

Nope:

Schmeichel - £1m

Simpson     - £2,5m

Fuchs - Free

Morgan - £1m

Huth - £3.5m

Kante - £5.6m

Drinkwater - £0.9m

Shinji - £5.6m

Vardy - £1m

Albrighton - Free

Mahrez - £0.4m

Total - £21.5m 

You are having a mare!   lol

28 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

The fact is, due to the financial disparity if you want to truly break the status quo you need to regularly pump a fortune in to your club.  Why shouldn't teams outside of the traditional superpowers be allowed to do that?  I love the fact it rubs the likes of the Liverpools and Manchester United's and their hordes of plastic glory-hunting fans the wrong way.  

Simply saying the likes of Manchester City have no right to be fighting for titles is the same arrogant guff that we used to get weekly from Spurs fans.  It's a bit of a nonsense.

I just want teams that compete for the title to actually earn it.  Like we did.  Man City are there by fortuitous accident.  

Spurs are breaking into the monopoly that you talk about and they're doing it themselves but really, I don't care who wins the league just so long as they earn it.  There is something to be said for Leicester  being part of a group of only 6 clubs that won the PL. 

That first match of the season was largely down to Vardy not being fully fit due to the World Cup, and some horrendously biased officiating. Pogba and Fred should both have been sent off in the first half (Pogba did about 6 yellow card offences and Fred booted Gray off the ball), they committed a third red card offence taking out Nacho with a last man foul, and their goals came from a handball that was the kind of thing that BT think is completely legitimate if they are wearing a Spurs shirt at the time and Luke Shaw absolutely fluking one.

Then in the home game we shot ourselves in the foot for 1-0 then got Pulis'd. Man Utd were playing like some kind of bullshit Warnock team, 11 men behind the ball and taking a minute and half every time they had a throw in.

• Like 1

Anyone else worried that with Pochettino talking of rebuilding his team, Utd obviously needing to start from scratch and both Chelsea and Arsenal needing significant improvement our better players are going to be in bigger than usual demand? We can of course say no, go away, but I think this is to be a unique summer where four of the top six reflect that they're nowhere near the top two. I'm including Ricardo on that list more and more with every passing week along with Chilwell, Maguire and perhaps Maddison plus clubs competing for Tielemans signature.

I can see Spurs coming in for both full backs and offering a few of their squad in part exchange, similarly Utd offering dud CB's plus cash for Maguire. No thanks.

There always will be pressure from other clubs but what I'm saying is so many of those clubs have been so disappointing this season that this is a crossroads where us and Wolves could make a newly competitive 3rd-8th zone in the table if we hold our nerve and retain our talent.

Utd should have waited to appoint ole and see how the season played out. If spurs fail to get champions league they may have another quiet transfer window and with how easily Kane gets injured as well as dier and Ali being well of the pace hey may have been very tempted to take the Utd job as they will be throwing money at players this summer. 

• Like 1

oatw.JPG.39b46735cdc3304c43a419d6050ceaa3.JPG

this week’s episode:  The West Yorkshire Caper

- Paul, let’s go grab all the points off that gang over there.  Scrawniest lot I seen up here.

- I don’t know boss, they look pretty tough to me.

- But we’re twice their size.  They ain’t had a bite since February.

- That’s OK boss.  They can have mine, I ain’t so hungry lately.

- FFS boys!  We are the mighty Sons of Alex!  We take what we want!!

- Who Alex?  I’m my mama’s boy.  Turn it around.  I don't like this ride.

I know it's easy to say now but I wonder if Ole's appointment will go down as one of the worst in recent memory. I feel like the whole Class of 92 love in affected the decision. And yes I know that he came in 96, but without the veneration of that era's players I doubt he would have had a sniff at the job. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

I know it's easy to say now but I wonder if Ole's appointment will go down as one of the worst in recent memory. I feel like the whole Class of 92 love in affected the decision. And yes I know that he came in 96, but without the veneration of that era's players I doubt he would have had a sniff at the job. 

They should have gone hard in for Poch. Not sure why they aren't doing that. 

This is why they should have waited until the end of the season to make a permanent managerial appointment. All they did was placate a few fickle fans and bored media who have nothing else to write about and now they've fuched themselves.

• Like 1

The permanent Ole appointment just made zero sense. He did well over the first few months but it wasn’t as if they needed to snap him up quickly before a bigger club came along.

Just wait until the end of the season and then see where you are. Now they’re in the shit, with a manager clearly out of his depth with another 3 years on his contact!!??

So poor

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Staffs Fox said:

The permanent Ole appointment just made zero sense. He did well over the first few months but it wasn’t as if they needed to snap him up quickly before a bigger club came along.

Just wait until the end of the season and then see where you are. Now they’re in the shit, with a manager clearly out of his depth with another 3 years on his contact!!??

So poor

It is a great appointment, for anyone who isn’t a Man U fan ? 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

They should have gone hard in for Poch. Not sure why they aren't doing that. 

Poch is something like the third highest paid manager in football, and he's going to move so Ed Woodward can pick his players for him?

• Like 1