Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

13 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

The match officials/UK media, UK football establishment wants Liverpool to win the title. Liverpool can do nothing wrong, they cheat because they know they can get away with it! 

How to sound like a bitter verminous spud in one post. 

12 hours ago, murphy said:

I tend to agree.  The other thing I would point out is that Liverpool are a genuinely massive club built up over generations. 

Man City are an artificially massive club.  Really, they have no right to be were they are or to spend the transfer money that they have.  Just dumb luck.

Yea let's just have Manchester United or Liverpool winning the league year after year after year after year.  

We were an absolute disgrace winning it in 2016.  How dare we rock the boat and upset the 'genuinely massive clubs'.  I'm sorry Premier League.

6 hours ago, Koke said:

Newcastle don't belong in the same sentence as Everton, Leicester and Wolves. But regardless, look at the state of Man Utd. How the mighty have fallen.

That bloke is so far out of his depth it's unreal. If they start the season with him we'll come above them. They'll start even worse than this year.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

People talk about Man City's spending as if Liverpool have only spent pennies and as if its some fairytale that they've pushed Man City so close. Quite naive when you think about it. 

they've generated their money through being Liverpool though, haven't had the funding of one of the worst countries going.

1 hour ago, BlueSi13 said:

Yea let's just have Manchester United or Liverpool winning the league year after year after year after year.  

We were an absolute disgrace winning it in 2016.  How dare we rock the boat and upset the 'genuinely massive clubs'.  I'm sorry Premier League.

Nice rant, but you're not quite understanding what I am saying.  lol

When we won it we did it under our own steam.  Our first team cost £25m, so I'm not sure how you managed to infer that I am criticising our own title win.  That is literally the opposite of what I am saying.  :facepalm:

The title really shouldn't be any of Man City's business but they are up there by pure luck.  They won the ownership lottery.  Having the title gift wrapped and  bought for you makes it less of an achievement in my eyes.  What happened to Man City could have happened to any club.  

Edited by murphy

If we were to batter Man City I'd be chuffed, more likely a draw because I cant see us doing the double over them but what ever happens, I want us to do our best and Liverpool can mess it up however they like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Kante off with hamstring & finished for the season :( 

Just need Hazard to get something similar now!... 

Although I've got mixed feelings as I want them to finish above The Spuds! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But then we get a difference in prize money too for a higher position, we win and Liverpool win the league

Providing wolves and Everton slip up and we win both games.

Liverpool are a disgusting team and the fans are nothing but murderous swines 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Poor comment their mate, really poor. Takes away from anything you have to say.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I don't like Liverpool but this is way out of order.

23 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

If you are referring to Heysel, that happened over 30 years ago and most of those involved were rightly punished, poor form to group all of their fans in this manner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Nice rant, but you're not quite understanding what I am saying.  lol

When we won it we did it under our own steam.  Our first team cost £25m, so I'm not sure how you managed to infer that I am criticising our own title win.  That is literally the opposite of what I am saying.  :facepalm:

The title really shouldn't be any of Man City's business but they are up there by pure luck.  They won the ownership lottery.  Having the title gift wrapped and  bought for you makes it less of an achievement in my eyes.  What happened to Man City could have happened to any club.  

I suppose all the money pumped in to the club by our own multi-billionaire owners had nothing to do with our title win then?

The fact is, due to the financial disparity if you want to truly break the status quo you need to regularly pump a fortune in to your club.  Why shouldn't teams outside of the traditional superpowers be allowed to do that?  I love the fact it rubs the likes of the Liverpools and Manchester United's and their hordes of plastic glory-hunting fans the wrong way.  

Simply saying the likes of Manchester City have no right to be fighting for titles is the same arrogant guff that we used to get weekly from Spurs fans.  It's a bit of a nonsense.

34 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Okay well Watford and West Ham could still catch us with a failure to pick up points