Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

The permanent Ole appointment just made zero sense. He did well over the first few months but it wasn’t as if they needed to snap him up quickly before a bigger club came along.

Just wait until the end of the season and then see where you are. Now they’re in the shit, with a manager clearly out of his depth with another 3 years on his contact!!??

So poor

The Man Utd board made the fatal mistake of misinterpreting the players performances post-Mourinho as doing it for Ole when they were just happy as hell they weren’t playing for Mourinho anymore. Ole’s constant, and honestly quite tiring “Man Utd way” schtick at every opportunity didn’t hurt either when it came to the board being guilt-tripped into hiring him. 

• Like 1

Ok so I don’t want to sound all anti spurs but weren’t they being tipped earlier in the season as giving the pool and blue mancs a run for their money? This of cause all stems from a biased media who seem to think football is only about London, Manchester and Liverpool with the rest of us just their to make up the numbers. 

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Who finished fourth in a three horse race Tottenham ****ing hotspuds lol lol lol

No, wait, you don't understand, they're clearly putting real pressure on the top two and are just waiting for an opportunity to snatch the title from their hands. Just need those multiple twenty five point deductions for rule breaches to happen and they can book the open top bus!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bovril said:

I know it's easy to say now but I wonder if Ole's appointment will go down as one of the worst in recent memory. I feel like the whole Class of 92 love in affected the decision. And yes I know that he came in 96, but without the veneration of that era's players I doubt he would have had a sniff at the job. 

I don't understand this. His record in Norway was decent. Shrewd appointment....

Man Utd fans only have themselves to blame for shooting their load early, they wanted him appointed permanently, they got their wish, now they've turned shit again.

They are in the same boat as Arsenal, no leaders in the team and a piss poor defence.

They won't progress if they keep dishing out new contracts to shit players like Ashley Young and Phil Jones.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Such a stupid stat of "points from last 3 games" and sits Arsenal 20th.

Agreed, form tables should be based on at least 6 games, not just to suit the agenda of making arsenal look crap which we pretty much know anyway. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I don't understand this. His record in Norway was decent. Shrewd appointment....

His record in England isn't great. Relegated with Cardiff (which I am not necessarily blaming him for), some good early results at United against mostly poor teams and one amazing result against a PSG team that might as well have booted the ball into the back of their own net they imploded so badly, as they often do. 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Nope:

Schmeichel - £1m

Simpson     - £2,5m

Fuchs - Free

Morgan - £1m

Huth - £3.5m

Kante - £5.6m

Drinkwater - £0.9m

Shinji - £5.6m

Vardy - £1m

Albrighton - Free

Mahrez - £0.4m

Total - £21.5m 

You are having a mare!   lol

I just want teams that compete for the title to actually earn it.  Like we did.  Man City are there by fortuitous accident.  

Spurs are breaking into the monopoly that you talk about and they're doing it themselves but really, I don't care who wins the league just so long as they earn it.  There is something to be said for Leicester  being part of a group of only 6 clubs that won the PL. 

What?  I'm talking about all the money they pumped in to the club when they took us over.  The sound financial footing they gave us was predominantly responsible for us being able to pay the wages on players good enough to get us out of the Championship and for us to subsequently go on to win the Premier League.  Without that investment that simply wouldn't have been able to happen, despite Nigel Pearson doing the amazing job that he did.

Either was I fail to see how you can justify Manchester City not deserving it when it has been pointed out Liverpool have spent a fortune also.  That's the game these days.  

Can't be doing with the same old teams winning it year after year after year, if it takes billionaires like Abramovich and Mansour to shake it up then so be it.  I personally think it's a positive thing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Man Utd fans only have themselves to blame for shooting their load early, they wanted him appointed permanently, they got their wish, now they've turned shit again.

They are in the same boat as Arsenal, no leaders in the team and a piss poor defence.

They won't progress if they keep dishing out new contracts to shit players like Ashley Young and Phil Jones.

If social media is to be believed, it already looks as if Gollum is losing some support.