Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He tried to resign before their 2nd game apparently. All not well at Stoke at all. They probably won't drop but so far you'd have to say they're more likely to be nearer to that than promotion.

Stoke fan in my office reckons Rowett had no say in at least half of the signings. 

One of my German teacher's clients is Paul Lambert. He said there were massive player power issues at Stoke. Contrary to what many believe, Shaqiri was actually one of the good ones and his only frustrations came from having to play with the dross around him. Of course he's gonna be bitter and want to try and pass the buck but he said that Mark Hughes let them get away with all sorts behind the scenes. 

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

People like Charlie Adam coming out and blasting Shaqiri is absolutely laughable and kind of sums them up to me. Charlie Adam has done what exactly for Stoke? Yet of course, instinctively, blame the flair player.

It is laughable. I have a couple of good friends who knew most things going on at Glasgow Rangers at the time Adam was there. His attitude was called into question very early on, which was why, after a couple of pretty good seasons he was loaned out to Blackpool (amd eventually transferred).

It was said at the time that his ability was never in question but his attitude to training and drinking frequently were. Calling out Shaqiri does seem a little like the pot calling the kettle black.

Edited by Max Wall

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

People like Charlie Adam coming out and blasting Shaqiri is absolutely laughable and kind of sums them up to me. Charlie Adam has done what exactly for Stoke? Yet of course, instinctively, blame the flair player.

I know who I'd rather have in our team. 

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

One of my German teacher's clients is Paul Lambert. He said there were massive player power issues at Stoke. Contrary to what many believe, Shaqiri was actually one of the good ones and his only frustrations came from having to play with the dross around him. Of course he's gonna be bitter and want to try and pass the buck but he said that Mark Hughes let them get away with all sorts behind the scenes. 

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

It is laughable. I have a couple of good friends who knew/know most things going on at Glasgow Rangers. His attitude was called into question very early on, which was why, after a couple of pretty good seasons he was loaned out to Blackpool (amd eventually transferred).

It was said at the time that his ability was never in question but his attitude to training and drinking frequently were. Calling out Shaqiri does seem a little like the pot calling the kettle black.

That's all a bit one-sided and seen through rose-tinted glasses.

You may question Charlie Adam as a role model for what he does outside of football with regards to his lifestyle, but in all fairness, he's helped a team like Blackpool especially more than Shaqiri has helped Bayern, Inter or Stoke. In terms of workrate and resilience and dominance in midfield, he was one of the better players at Stoke and probably still is.

Adam has now been with Stoke for six years and has thus far remained quite loyal, Shaqiri however has been like a leaf in the wind. One season here, another one there - as soon as things go against his own will, he throws in the towel and goes someplace else. He's clearly optimizing his life as a pro footballer, bench player at Liverpool now, and that on massive wages. If it was all about football, surely he'd have stuck around. And no release clause, either.

Btw, inserting a release clause also hints at him and his agent (his brother) not having high hopes of Stoke staying up, anyway... So, you could say leaving the club, then blaming the "lack of class" around him being somewhat of a two-faced statement.

Wonder how long he'll stick around at LFC...

And just to be clear about this, I wouldn't want either of them on my team.

Some people have this weird perception of Shaqiri as a "flair player" when in fact, he's one of the most one-dimensional footballers you'll ever see (cut inside from the right, try to shoot from distance, rinse and repeat) and I for one haven't seen much of that flair in the national team for about two years now.

He also didn't really pull out any trees at Stoke, either. Three and four league goals in his first two seasons don't speak much in favour of quality...

Shaqiri's a tidy player, but nowhere near the quality some people attest him.

Edited by MC Prussian

9 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You may question Charlie Adam as a role model for what he does outside of football with regards to his lifestyle, but in all fairness, he's helped a team like Blackpool especially more than Shaqiri has helped Bayern, Inter or Stoke. In terms of workrate and resilience and dominance in midfield, he was one of the better players at Stoke and probably still is.

Adam has now been with Stoke for six years and has thus far remained quite loyal, Shaqiri however has been like a leaf in the wind. One season here, another one there - as soon as things go against his own will, he throws in the towel and goes someplace else. He's clearly optimizing his life as a pro footballer, bench player at Liverpool now, and that on massive wages. If it was all about football, surely he'd have stuck around. And no release clause, either.

Btw, inserting a release clause also hints at him and his agent (his brother) not having high hopes of Stoke staying up, anyway... So, you could say leaving the club, then blaming the "lack of class" around him being somewhat of a two-faced statement.

Some people have this weird perception of Shaqiri as a "flair player" when in fact, he's one of the most one-dimensional footballers you'll ever see (cut inside from the right, try to shoot from distance, rinse and repeat) and I for one haven't seen much of that flair in the national team for about two years now.

He also didn't really pull out any trees at Stoke, either. Three and four league goals in his first two seasons don't speak much in favour of quality...

Shaqiri's a tidy player, but nowhere near the quality some people attest to him.

That’s probably because he hasn’t had the opportunity to move on. I remember Charlie Adam being very vocal about Mahrez and how he should leave Leicester. 

Here’s Charlie Adam saying he would have left the champions of England at the time for an Arsenal or Chelsea. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p041wspp/player

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Came out and criticised Shaqiri claiming that he 'isn't a player you want in a relegation battle' when he was getting sent off for horrible tackles and missing penalties. Absolute gobshite. 

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Shaqiri's a tidy player, but nowhere near the quality some people attest him.

Shaqiri was better for Stoke than Adam has been. That's the words I've seen from every single Stoke fan going. That same Stoke fan I was on about thinks the likes of Adam are the problem.

32 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Leeds on the telly for a change.

Thought they struggled to get a foothold in the game at times, as Middlesbrough were more stronger.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Pulis has taken Danny Batth on loan from us now too. Him and Flint is Pulis' wet dream of big, immobile CBs with no footballing skills. Mutant XI coming along nicely. And after seeing last night's game his tactics haven't changed one bit in all the years he's been managing. 

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

Pulis has taken Danny Batth on loan from us now too. Him and Flint is Pulis' wet dream of big, immobile CBs with no footballing skills. Mutant XI coming along nicely. And after seeing last night's game his tactics haven't changed one bit in all the years he's been managing. 

Sadly he will bully his way up to the PL. Whilst Puel, Nuno, Jokanovic etc try to play progressive football, this caveman will stink up the league. 

47 minutes ago, Koke said:

Sadly he will bully his way up to the PL. Whilst Puel, Nuno, Jokanovic etc try to play progressive football, this caveman will stink up the league. 

If it works, it works. Don't know how much more you can say above that. 

Anybody seen Dwight Gayle’s first for West Brom yesterday? Great goal.

Another talking point from that game was Livermore handballing deliberately on the line. Not 100% sure if it would have gone in or hit the post but Stoke then missed the resulting penalty. I struggle to see the disincentive for that sort of cheating if the perpetrator isn’t sent off.