Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Bin some of our dead wood off on the cheap. We all know who they are,they can’t be on megabucks. 

If only it was so easy. Clearly they are on mega bucks.

9 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I reckon Short Term Cost Control is ****ing us. Have to sell to free up wages hence Puel essentially said that at the weekend

Wes, Simpson and Ulloa would make a great championship loanees :ph34r:.

If we are being ****ed by STCC why haven't we shifted out more players sooner?

• Like 1

We really need to shift some deadwood. Our first team squad is totally bloated now. We had a squad of 20 for Saturday's game, 3 first teamers were injured, Ward wasn't signed in time and 10 internationals had not returned from the World Cup. 34 players! 

2 minutes ago, Livid said:

Can’t understand why we didn’t take £12 million for Musa ?

Agreed . If the issue is wages we should have excepted the offer and used those freed up to spend on this guy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

You can't shift out players if they don't want to leave or no club wants them. I imagine this is the case for alot of our players we want off the books.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

You can't shift out players if they don't want to leave or no club wants them. I imagine this is the case for alot of our players we want off the books.

I wonder how much Wes, Simpson, Ulloa and Benny are on. I think they got quite a pay increase for helping win the league? And we can't really shift them, maybe Benny and Ulloa, but wait for their contract to run down. Are we really being ****ed by those or is it just the size of the squad?

Edited by Foxxed

I get a horrible feeling were not getting a winger in and keeping hold of Musa, but part of me thinks Musa, Iheanacho, Vardy, Gray, Maddison might not have a bad goal return between them 

Screenshot_20180723-201906.png

Problem with people clinging onto the hope that Musa can perform at left wing is that he's usually performed badly when played there. He does best as a striker, and I'm not sure another striker is what we need at the moment.

• Like 2

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Problem with people clinging onto the hope that Musa can perform at left wing is that he's usually performed badly when played there. He does best as a striker, and I'm not sure another striker is what we need at the moment.

The hope is that the 3 behind Vardy would not be tied down to their positions and would each interchange naturally. 

Guest Markyblue

We don't sign a player no proper source has ever linked us to and now people on here are saying we are skint ....priceless it really is. ?

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

The hope is that the 3 behind Vardy would not be tied down to their positions and would each interchange naturally. 

This is what I'm thinking as i said in a post earlier, if you listen to grays interview he says the gaffers been training me to go Central in no 10 spot. Makes sense as Gray can't cross for toffee but he can break through a defence and drive and Puel likes that i reckon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

No ****er wants them cos we pay them daft wages. New contracts will be taking up a chunk as well. 

We'll be fine next summer though. 

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

But we have no financial issues because of the mahrez money????

I did warn you.....

I don't see where the money problem is? We have broken even so far. As far as FFP goes even with the huge squad we have, we will have funds available. It's simply there's a desire to move players on before we bring anymore in which could cause us problems this season.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I don't see where the money problem is? We have broken even so far. As far as FFP goes even with the huge squad we have, we will have funds available. It's simply there's a desire to move players on before we bring anymore in which could cause us problems this season.

I agree. We've just pocketed 60m so our net spend this summer after transfers is -10m. There should be money available for signings. I Io wonder if we're sleepwalking into a relegation fight. 

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I forgot to mention that the striker situation could clear up considerably in case one or two of Slimani and Ulloa were to leave in the next two weeks.

Imagine Vardy, Iheanacho and Musa as striker options... Not too shabby. Provided we play a type of football where we keep it on the ground.

Edited by MC Prussian

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Yes theres funds but theres no space in the wage gap - the mahrez money was spent on perreira, maddison and evans. We were already maxed out hence not making any signings last Jan bar Diabete.

Ulloa is on 50k a week and hes our sixth choice striker - we have big problems if we dont ship anymore out.

We should be accepting bids for what is absolute deadwood then instead of turning offers away because of what we think we should be getting. I mean **** me, imagine turning down £12m for Musa. 

• Like 1