Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

27 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Wonder whether we'll recall him in Jan?

Can we just be happy that’s we might have a more mature quality youngster next season?  He wouldn’t get enough game time here to push on. it’s a good decision for him to be there (and he  can’t be recalled)

• Like 1

Andy King was also a very natural finisher at the same age, I hope Barnes all round game develops to match. King has had a great career with us but the attacking side of his game vanished in his mid twenties. Still unsure if Barnes is a winger, a number ten or an attacking central midfielder. It would be nice if he got 20 goals and they got promoted. 

It's a fantastic start for him again. He sure knows how to hit the ground running at his loan clubs.

At MK Dons I'm pretty sure he got player of the season despite only joining them in the January. At Barnsley he had a great start but went slightly off the boil in a team battling relegation and then ended up back here. Now he's started brilliantly for West Brom.

Hopefully he'll continue to get in their side and play well. Fluctuations in form are normal for young players like him, but I think he needs a full season of first team football under his belt in order to aid his development.

If he continues to progress, we could end up with him playing alongside Madders, Gray, Chilwell and Nacho next season, which would be exciting indeed.