Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Akhisarspor Match Thread

Zero shots on target in that half... sounds familiar! :unsure:

We are getting stuck in and recovering the ball a lot faster than last season. We are playing a lot more one touch and the front three are rotating. But still lacking that incisive pass or movement to open up the opposition. Based on what I've seen I think another attacking forward / winger is a must because we are going to struggle to get goals again otherwise. Vardy and Albrighton aren't playing today but I don't think they would fix the problem. Basically it's like watching a slightly improved version of last season's play. Bossing the game, getting lots of the ball and moving forward with it, but unable to create that killer pass or opening. And then despite having almost all of the ball, every mistake we make (and to be fair we've not made many) we would have conceded in the Premier League.

Maddison has been great. Mendy and Elder surprisingly decent too. But I think if Diabate is auditioning for the role of Mahrez replacement then he's fluffed his lines - probably our worst player.

But at the end of the day it's preseason and it's roasting out there. All of the players drenched in sweat and the pitch is super narrow and tight. To be honest it's probably quite a good game for a manager to test his team and see what they need to improve on next.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Amartey been our best player

Maddison looking decent again

Two solid saves from Ward

Only downside is the centre of midfield for me, we have too many midfielders at this club who like to keep it simple and boring, Silva will have to play a massive part this season.

Ward was the other decent thing this half.

Probably the 'no end product' is due to the fact we have Gray alone upfront? 

Im hoping it will change when he brings on Slim and Leo, we shall see. I dont want to slag off Gray, especially in a pre-season friendly but i doubt being the lone strinker is his forte. 

And agree, Iborra isnt playing well at all tonight. :( 

After having my Saturday afternoon ruined thanks to clowns in LCFC TV IT department - my stream for this game has been flawless.

Logged in 10 minutes before the game successfully - I then didn't dare touch anything for the whole half. No dropouts and good quality throughout. Surreal hearing the Austrian Church bells whilst the lads were playing.

I suspect this sudden improvement in LCFC TV may have more to do with it being a 5pm weekday kick off though. I work from home and have two computers - a work laptop and my own PC - so no problem. Maybe somewhat different on Saturday against Udinese though. 

Edited by theadmans

Guest seanfox778
Just now, theadmans said:

After having my Saturday afternoon ruined thanks to clowns in LCFC TV IT department - my stream for this game has been flawless.

Logged in 10 minutes before and didn't dare touch anything for the whole half. No dropouts and good quality throughout. Surreal hearing the Austrian Church bells whilst the lads were playing.

I suspect sudden improvement in LCFC TV may have more to do with it being a 5pm weekday kick off though. I work from home and have two computers - a work laptop and my own PC - so no problem. Maybe somewaht different on Saturday against Udinese. 

That has been my favourite part of the game so far.

Guest ttfn
19 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Jeeeez we need a Mahrez replacement alright.

Still not convinced by Diabete.

Diabate’s great fun, never knowingly beats his man just once.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Frightening lack of creativity, when you consider Gray, Diabates and Maddison are pretty much our main creative players for the upcoming season.

We’re truly fvcked if we’re relying on these for the new season. Need to Mahrez replacement ASAP.

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Maybe, just maybe Mendy can now finally fulfill his potential as THE Kanté replacement.

Like what I've seen from him so far.

Mendy is not a defensive cm. Looks like Kante but thats it