Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

This isnt a dig, more of an observation, but does anyone else notice Jenas is usually about 5-10 seconds behind whats happening on the pitch? Dont know why really or if he's in a studio rather than the stadium with a lag as bad as those streaming.

Saying stuff like I think he's given it for a goal /free kick whilst players are lining up the free kick/kick off. Happened in the.Man City Spurs game too.

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

This isnt a dig, more of an observation, but does anyone else notice Jenas is usually about 5-10 seconds behind whats happening on the pitch? Dont know why really or if he's in a studio rather than the stadium with a lag as bad as those streaming.

Saying stuff like I think he's given it for a goal /free kick whilst players are lining up the free kick/kick off. Happened in the.Man City Spurs game too.

Given his Nottingham background, that’s easily explainable 

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

But hes some how managed to make the post match all about him. The bloke is weird, he does the same thing for England as well. Vardy cannot stand him.

What did he say? 

9 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Can the OP add a poll?  Is that how it works?  @seanfox778 ??? 

Who do people in here want to win? 

Spurs or Liverpool

Whites or Reds

Poch or Klopp

Jenas or MacMannaman

Fighting Cock or Thieving Cocks

Stupid vowels or crazy consonants 

Lahndan Tahn or De Friedliest Place in de Werrrrld

Barbour hats or shell suits

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

is the final only on BT Sport? 

They are contractually obliged to make it free to air so they put it on their freeview channel and YouTube as well. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48206280

Liverpool and Tottenham have each been allocated 16,613 tickets for the Champions League final in Madrid.

Liverpool have announced pricing details for their fans with the cheapest tickets costing £60, but only accounting for 20% of the Reds' allocation.

In addition 54% of tickets are priced at £154, 21% at £385 and 5% at £513.

Tottenham, who beat Ajax to reach the final, have not announced pricing details for their tickets.

Uefa has already sold 4,000 tickets to "fans worldwide" for seats at the 68,000-capacity Estadio Metropolitano stadium.

The rest will go to the local organising committee, Uefa and national associations, commercial partners, broadcasters and corporate hospitality.

In addition to the 16,613 tickets, Liverpool have been given 100 adult/junior combined tickets priced at £120 per pair, but there will be no other concessionary tickets available.

They also received 300 tickets for club staff and players' families and friends.

Jurgen Klopp's side beat Barcelona 4-0 at Anfield on Tuesday to complete a remarkable comeback, winning 4-3 on aggregate to reach the final.

It is the second successive season the Reds have made the final. Last year they lost 3-1 to Real Madrid in Kiev. Tickets then ranged from £61 to £394.

10 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Would much prefer Liverpool to win the CL but not the league. They and their fans and I know quite a few appear more desperate to win the Premier League. They've been there and done that in the CL. 

Fair play to Spurs for an unbelievable battling second half. Pleased for their English lads, but in reality the level of football, apart from Moura, who took his goals exceptionally well, was very, very poor. Ajax were clearly the better footballing side, but fell away mentally in the second half. Trippier and Son looked very poor and I would have said the same for Alli, but for his assists. 

If Liverpool turn up, they should win comfortably, but as Spurs have shown in the last two ties, keep on fighting and who knows. If Spurs won the CL, imo their fans would take smugness to an insufferable level and we wouldn't be able to keep calling them bottlers. 

My FB timeline is full of Spurs giving it large and I have probably seen Spurs more than them,a few exceptions are the ones that actually go.

We do love our” We’re waiting for you””Who came 3rd chant” to wind them up,but I feel they won’t give a shit if they win it.

Something we hold over them in this modern era.

You know I’m surrounded by them and they are my most hated team.

Hoping Liverpool either stuff them or score at the same time they did.

call it determination or luck,I don’t know,but they have nearly been knocked out with minutes to go 3 times.This upsets me greatly.

PS What sort of pub did we end up in on Monday at Man City.First for me having a police corden 12feet away after a murder!!!

Most in the pub looked like prime suspects.

Isn't there something slightly ridiculous about having two English teams playing in the final of the Champions League (a) when neither have been champions in England for many years, and (b) playing the match in Madrid? As Spurs have been so jammy in their quarter- and semi-finals, methinks their name must be on the cup, despite being incapable of winning anything in this country. 

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Isn't there something slightly ridiculous about having two English teams playing in the final of the Champions League (a) when neither have been champions in England for many years, and (b) playing the match in Madrid? As Spurs have been so jammy in their quarter- and semi-finals, methinks their name must be on the cup, despite being incapable of winning anything in this country. 

Well the Champions League long since removed the requirement to win a domestic title in order to participate so it is what it is.

Regards the venue, the stadiums are selected a long time in advance and they're not going to change it because it is inconvenient for the participating teams.

6 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Just imagine a commentary booth with McManaman and Jenas for the final.... :frantics:

Not sure why anyone would want to listen to the commentators on SKY for any match.

Personally I try and listen to our own Arlo White on American commentary or the Canadian commentary where I think Danny Dichio and his colleague (whose name escapes me at the moment) are two of the few worth listening to.