Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Manchester United Away Pre Match Thread

If we already have a pre match thread please merge.

Desperately hoping Maddison will be fit for this one, and hopefully a few new signings.

I'm worried about the prospect of a Morgan / Benny defence.

I doubt we'll give our u23 right back his first team debut against United as centre half. I assume Evans will still be injured. And Maguire probably won't be match fit. It's going to be Benny and Wes. And unless we sign a right winger I reckon we'll play Richardo at right wing. Albrighton had a shocker but he did pass to Iheanancho for his first. And he may be more fit than Gray. Iborra hasn't impressed. Silva's been better.

Kasper

Amartey Wes Benny Chilwell

Pereira Ndid Silva Albrighton

Maddison

Iheancho

I'd prefer Choudhury to Silva to better protect Wes and Benny but I doubt it'll happen.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

Man U got loads missing too, stupid to start season so early when World Cup has been on, should be a week later, its a farce to have players not back in training less than a week before kick off, let alone our window also ends yet rest of Europe still signing people, it's ridiculous, sums up the Premier league though. 

• Like 3

A lot depends on both our lineup and theirs. We will have at least one new signing before the game and those players could come straight into the team. Last season Manchester United were impressively unimpressive given how much they've spent but are full of quality players. I expect a game a bit like one of the France games at the world cup where we do alright but they score from a mistake or set play and grind us out. Thus likely to be a 2-1 or 3-1 to them. But I could see us getting something from the game as they aren't the most dominating of teams, will have players who aren't fully match fit and haven't really had a chance to get all of their players into a game yet. But at the end of the day if we are going to Old Trafford with Morgan and Benny as our CB pairing then it's hard to see us coming away with much.

Hopefully we at least put in a good performance. Last year we lost 4-3 to Arsenal but it was a great game and we played well for large parts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Man U got loads missing too, stupid to start season so early when World Cup has been on, should be a week later, its a farce to have players not back in training less than a week before kick off, let alone our window also ends yet rest of Europe still signing people, it's ridiculous, sums up the Premier league though. 

The whole set up is bollux really.

And then we have stupid international friendlies mid season when there's no PL games for 10 days, and then play about 6 times in 2 weeks over Xmas/New Year.

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

The whole set up is bollux really.

And then we have stupid international friendlies mid season when there's no PL games for 10 days, and then play about 6 times in 2 weeks over Xmas/New Year.

That's always been daft mate, about 10 games in December and only 2 or 3 in other months, now we've got this ridiculous nations league too aswell as friendlies 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Horrific pre-season for injuries, none of them serious thankfully but still could be starting the season with no Evans, Mendy, Gray, Maddison and Maguire, Okazaki and Vardy missing. Lovely then.

And potentially Silva depending on the extent of his knock :(

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

What will their team be?

Not sure, but am sure they'll still be managed by a manager who is known to have a pleasant, respectful and vibrant personality who installs confidence in his players...:)

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Not sure if this has been mentioned but for those like me who won't be attending the game, Sky have confirmed the game will be screened on sky 1. So if you have access to sky 1 but not sky sports, you'll still be able to watch it without pissing around with shitty streams

• Like 2

Schmeichel

amartey

morgan

evans

chilwell

ricardo

silva

ndidi

albrighton

maddison

iheanacho

subs: ward, Fuchs, Maguire, Iborra, new winger, gray, vardy

think Evans will be fine, England lads on the bench (?) and Ricardo will fill in right wing for solidity and as new winger won’t be bedded in

• Like 1