Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

UEFA Nations League

Poor,very poor decision making....poor midfield.

Like Leicester,without a midfield dynamo.......We have no midfield..!  Dross from Barklay,and all midfielders.

Sterling also dross!!!!!  They can't play 1-2s to get round their man.no football intelligence.

Own made mistakes..and errors..!! So frustrating..

Nothing wrong from playing from the back,but you can't hold onto the ball too long..stupid historical typical english moronic mistakes...

English supporters could see our prlblems.....Southgate doesn't need to mother them,they need a rollicking after this loss.

To be fair. It shows the level we are, which is not far from the top, but f*** me it’s hard to get the top anyway without shooting yourself in the foot. Dutch didn’t win that, England lost it.

Plenty of positives...but there’s a fair amount to do to get to the top, including developing players to make a difference as a squad rather than just a best 1st XI.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Ah well, at least I can go back to moaning about how boring and sh*t England are, and hating the international breaks.

NORMALITY CAN NOW RESUME.

There's still the 3rd place playoff against Switzerland.

1 minute ago, Russell sprout said:

Passing out from the back is bullshit,

we have to teach the kids to play this way yet leaves us vulnerable,

il be making sure my team of boys don’t play this way it creates more problems than it solves

You can't pin that on the style of play tbh, it all comes down to extremely poor decision making from specific individuals.  No system can ever fully account for that.

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Not even any doubt about this at all, they've been comfortably better than England

Lack of midfield the difference just as it was against Croatia in the World Cup.  But just like Croatia we had chances to bury them.

Things to solve for Southgate:

1.  Cut out crucial defensive mistakes (dropping Stones would be a start, was at fault for Croatia's second in the World Cup as well)

2.  Find a midfield pairing to sit, hold and dictate play.

3.  Get the best out of our attacking talent, need to be far more clinical in front of goal.  Need to get the ball in behind teams (Stirling wasted)

1 minute ago, Russell sprout said:

Passing out from the back is bullshit,

we have to teach the kids to play this way yet leaves us vulnerable,

il be making sure my team of boys don’t play this way it creates more problems than it solves

The idea is that you break the press and then you should be able to pass your way into a threatening position ..........remember how often wilf nearly got caught back end of last season ....... it’s a scary way of playing but if you have the ammunition up top it should pay off 

however, we weren’t too intelligent the way we played it due to poor movement in the midfield and the number of times we turned back once w head broken their initial press 

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

There's still the 3rd place playoff against Switzerland.

I think I'm going to church, Carl. 

I need to be absolved of my sins after some of the words I've said out loud in the last couple of hours. :ph34r:

Edited by RoboFox

1 minute ago, J.Lisemore said:

How many times have we said this about Stones? Made out to be this awesome ball playing defender when in reality he’s fvcking garbage. 

1:36

• Like 1

All eyes on the defence due to the conceded goals, but the midfield are really to blame here.

No where near enough options for the defence when we do play out from the back. We lacked a player able to pick the ball up and drive it forward. 

We have defensive players, but no one who wants to take the ball off Stones or Maguire and take it to half way to play your other midfielder or your wingers.

Henderson does that well for Liverpool, but England lack that. Barkley looked lost, we needed someone who could drag us out. Winks maybe could be used, Loftus-cheek or Alli 

Maddison would be great at this, having someone to give him the ball at half way and driving forward. We're just missing that type of player 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Lack of midfield the difference just as it was against Croatia in the World Cup.  But just like Croatia we had chances to bury them.

Things to solve for Southgate:

1.  Cut out crucial defensive mistakes (dropping Stones would be a start, was at fault for Croatia's second in the World Cup as well)

2.  Find a midfield pairing to sit, hold and dictate play.

3.  Get the best out of our attacking talent, need to be far more clinical in front of goal.  Need to get the ball in behind teams (Stirling wasted)

thing is Southgate keeps making the same mistakes, hes picking players who havent player much in the run in or were injured,

all the talent that around the England set up but we still look bang average at times, 

he needs to have the balls to actually drop players and promote ones doing well

its just the same old same old from England tbh