Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Benkovic January Recall?

16 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Hear what you say but they are in my oppinion unsettling him by even ‘suggesting’ a deal. So I think Rogers has said something wrong.  It is disrespectful to LCFC.  Recall him in Jan and give him a chance.

He’ll have been answering questions about the likelihood of him staying. 

It’s an honest answer and doesn’t really do much to undermine LCFC or unsettle the player. Do you expect him to say ‘we don’t want to keep him.’? 

I think the club is doing a great job with Benkovic and Barnes. Wes will be a bit part player / leave next season and at that point we will still 4 good centre backs to choose from. Even if Maguire goes we will be in a strong position and not like the mess we found ourselves in during early 2017. 

Highly unlikely we sell this player given he’s the best defender north of the border. In fact with the experience he’s getting it wouldn’t surprise me if upon return he’s a first team starter. 

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

It's not bollox they would want him like West Brom want Barnes. Do you not have a dream car you would love but can't afford or similar. 

Yes but I do not tell people I want to a buy a Ferrari when my budget stretches to a Ford Cortina.  He proclaimed this at a shareholders meeting for Godsake. Sorry, but in my view it is unsettling bollocks. Let’s leave it there and beg to differ as it is very late where I am currently.

7 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

He’ll have been answering questions about the likelihood of him staying. 

It’s an honest answer and doesn’t really do much to undermine LCFC or unsettle the player. Do you expect him to say ‘we don’t want to keep him.’? 

I expect him to say he is a player under contract to LCFC so him staying at Celtic is not in question.  

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I expect him to say he is a player under contract to LCFC so him staying at Celtic is not in question.  

It's all to do with what you read into it. Personally I take it as a compliment. He can't afford him but would love him as a player. 

My last word. 

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We were all desperate to get Silva on board...Then Kapu and Kramaric...I ain't going to go down that road..

Let it take its course.Time will sort this out!!

Rather them blood him than us. The football may be lesser standard but he's learning the British game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers said nothing wrong...

“Filip is here on a loan period and Leicester have the opportunity to take him back in January,” said Rodgers.

“He is really happy here and Leicester let us have him for a reason – which was to come and get game time and prepare him for the Premier League next season.

“The likelihood is that this is a very difficult deal but if there was an opportunity it was one we would look at for sure.

“He is a big talent, but lots of these players from around Europe want to play in the Premier League.

“He is at a big club with Leicester bit has come to a very big club here to get experience and is loving every second of it. We will have to wait and see what transpires over the next couple of months.”

The mans trying to curry favour the gig as manager here next season

Brenden Rogers quoted in the Glasgow Evening News claiming his two center-backs would cut it in the EPL 'now'.   Interesting observation not seemingly shared by LCFC as far as Benko is concerned.  

In the case of Boyata it could be a case of talking up the price before Celtic off-load him in January.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Brenden Rogers quoted in the Glasgow Evening News claiming his two center-backs would cut it in the EPL 'now'.   Interesting observation not seemingly shared by LCFC as far as Benko is concerned.  

In the case of Boyata it could be a case of talking up the price before Celtic off-load him in January.

I definitely disagree that it’s a matter of LCFC not believing Benkovic is ready. It’s much more a question of what’s better for his development - being a regular where he is or a part-time player with Leicester.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

If he stays at Celtic till the end of the season it’s good for both clubs, he’s getting up to speed with the ‘British’ game and he helps them do well, he will be ready to start next season alongside Soyuncu, Evans or Darnell Johnson as I can see Morgan going to Fulham and Maguire off to Man Utd whoever their new manager is....

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

I definitely disagree that it’s a matter of LCFC not believing Benkovic is ready. It’s much more a question of what’s better for his development - being a regular where he is or a part-time player with Leicester.

We have some big games coming up when our lack of mobility and pace 'could' be found out.    So it will be interesting to see how the perceived better options perform.

I'm torn on this. I think Benkovic has done well at Celtic so far and Soyuncu is developing well. He had a nice cup game against S'oton. Wes needs to be eased out, especially if he picks up another suspension. I wouldn't mind Johnson and Elder getting a chance occasionally. Me thinks he should stay and get some more experience under his belt.

Hasn't had too much to do today against Rosenborg but has looked very solid. Made a couple of great interceptions & some solid tackles.

I wrote that at half time.

He excelled as the game progressed .

The future looks bright

Edited by gurru991