Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield H post match thread 3-1

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

A game we should win and did win. Still not convinced with us overall somehow. This team is really confusing me atm

I'd say that's because this can't be said to be a "mediocre" side.

What's good is really good, and what's bad remains poor.

So lots of ammunition for both sides of the Puel argument to keep fighting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marutimon said:

Maddison, Iheanacho superb

Ndidi, Vardy, Chilwell, Maguire good

Surprisingly strong shift by Amartey - defensively much better than Ricardo and his recovery rate was immense.

Gray the best I've seen him play, but still no end product.

This may not be a popular opinion but Mendy was terrible IMHO.

If by Mendy you mean Ndidi (not that I’m happy about it)

• Like 1

Scrappy first half a better team would have hit us hard but a much better solid second half performance, Maddison is quality and will only get better Chilwell is getting better week in week out well done lads a good result for us and CP but will it be enough to save his job who knows ?

Edited by justfoxes

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Lowest we can end up in the table this weekend is 9th depending on the Arsenal v Everton result tomorrow

Yep up 2 places at the very least what’s not to like.

just going to check now on how Rafa the Gaffa is getting on with his amazing style of football.

I doubt we will see a poor team at the KP, solid enough win.

Great finish by Vardy, also showed great leadership.

Maddison continues to grow in the PL.

Nice to have a rightback who understands his first job is to defend.

Look much better when we play with a quicker tempo.

Still very loose at the back, gave away the ball in poor areas. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Game we should win, we won.

Story of the season so far.

Iheanacho was great

Maddison and Vardy very good

Mendy, Amartey  and Chilwell good.

Puel made the changes and we won.

It was odd listening to people say Puel never makes good changes last week. Seems last week was the exception, and he actually tends to make very clever, effective changes as a rule. Today was no exception, and it is a large part of how we wind up playing better 2h than 1h.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

Scrappy first half a better team would have hit us hard but a much better solid second half performance, Maddison is quality and will only get better Chilwell is getting better week in week out well done lads a good result for us and CP but will it be enough to save his job who knows ?

his job isn't in question though

• Like 1

We / I needed that. Maddison looks superb. Brilliant 1st touch and one of the better free kicks I have seen from Leicester. Combine that with a great counter attack for our opener and a bit of vintage Vardy - and I am a happy man (regardless of the opposition)

Edit - yes and Shinji's smile!

Edited by trabuch

6 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

Two goals on couterattacks and one on a set piece. So much for possession football. 

Who cares? Puel has always said he wanted to allow us to play fluidly with the ball as well as be able to counter. If we have the ball it limits the chances the opposition can make.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Marutimon said:

This may not be a popular opinion but Mendy was terrible IMHO.

Mendy didn't push forward at all - seemed to me to be playing the same role as Ndidi which doesn't make a lot of sense considering the opponent.  I thought he was OK save for a couple of giveaways.  

Pathetic start. We were awful. Much better second half helped by Huddersfield playing a stupidly high line.

Just goes to show why Vardy shouldn't play alone. I really do like Okazaki aswell, think he offers something very different to the team.

We have GOT to work on being more direct in our attacking. This sideways football when there are clear passes going forward needs to be stopped.

• Like 3

Happy with that. Heard we’ve got the youngest squad in the league today so it’s no wonder we can look naive at times. 

Huddersfield weren’t great but they make you work for the points. I was seeing people say shit like ‘anything less than a comfortable 3-0 is crap’. People like that need to **** off.

Good win despite look dodgy at times. Buzzing with 3 points again. Overall a big well done to Claude and the boys, good response after last week especially after going behind early.

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1