Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

EFL Cup - Wolves (A) - Tues 25th Sept

what we will see:

Ward

Amartey   Farq    Evans    Fuchs

iborra   Silva

Gray              Shinji      Albrighton

Nacho

what i would like to see:

Ward

Farq   Evans   Morgan

Ricardo  Iborra    Silva        Fuchs

Shinji

Gray   Nacho

Nothing against Wolves usually, but some of the rhetoric surrounding them at the moment borders on hysteria. Their fans seem to think they’re Barcelona.

Phil Neville said on MOTD2 that they were the: “best team ever to come up from the Championship”. They May prove to be the real deal over time, but I can’t help wanting them to have a reality check. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Cast your mind back Phil...

Only 6 teams have ever won the Premier League in the last 25 years: Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Leicester City.

Only 3 of those teams did so after being promoted from the division below: Blackburn Rovers, Manchester City and Leicester City.

Only 2 of those teams actually won the division below to earn promotion: Manchester City and Leicester City.

Coincidentally they share the record for most 2nd division titles.

Manchester City won the Premier League 11 seasons after promotion, with a squad consisting of zero players from that promoted side, and a new squad that had cost almost £400m to put together. They won it on goal difference in a £120m stadium paid for by the taxpayer.

Leicester City won the Premier League 2 seasons after promotion, with a squad consisting of 11 players from that promoted side, and an overall squad that cost around £35m to put together. They won it by 10 clear points in a stadium they owned outright.

No contest really.

OH, and - Wolves won the Championship last season with 99 points - 3 fewer than our tally in 2014.

So shurrup Phil Neville.

U knob. 

:revenge:

Knob has its uses......but gud ol' Phil is struggling..!!!

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

OH, and - Wolves won the Championship last season with 99 points - 3 fewer than our tally in 2014.

So shurrup Phil Neville.

U knob. 

:revenge:

Wolves spent more in the Championship than we did to win the Prem. 

And we still got more points than them when we won the Championship!

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Cast your mind back Phil...

Only 6 teams have ever won the Premier League in the last 25 years: Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Leicester City.

Only 3 of those teams did so after being promoted from the division below: Blackburn Rovers, Manchester City and Leicester City.

Only 2 of those teams actually won the division below to earn promotion: Manchester City and Leicester City.

Coincidentally they share the record for most 2nd division titles.

Manchester City won the Premier League 11 seasons after promotion, with a squad consisting of zero players from that promoted side, and a new squad that had cost almost £400m to put together. They won it on goal difference in a £120m stadium paid for by the taxpayer.

Leicester City won the Premier League 2 seasons after promotion, with a squad consisting of 11 players from that promoted side, and an overall squad that cost around £35m to put together. They won it by 10 clear points in a stadium they owned outright.

We are massive :)

I’m usually a very positive poster but Im actually worried about tomorrow night. I’m hoping that wolves play their 2nd team and their focus is on the league and they look at the cups as a distraction. 

If if we lose, I know one thing for sure and that’s I will pass on reading FT until the weekend. 

26 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I’m usually a very positive poster but Im actually worried about tomorrow night. I’m hoping that wolves play their 2nd team and their focus is on the league and they look at the cups as a distraction. 

If if we lose, I know one thing for sure and that’s I will pass on reading FT until the weekend. 

Agree with you on this. Although if both teams play mainly second string sides then it's hard to know exactly what it means.

My gut feeling is we will lose this tie and Wolves will be self proclaimed Kings of the Midlands. Hope I'm wrong.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Moral of this story... 

There's no room for positivity on FT. 

• Sad 1

On 22/09/2018 at 19:42, StriderHiryu said:

I wonder who they will line up with? That will probably play the biggest part in this game.

I think we will line up like this:

Ward

Ricardo   Soyuncu   Evans   Fuchs

Silva  Iborra 

Ghezall  Okzaki Albrighton

Ihenancho

Not all of those players will play the 90 (depending on how the game is going) so expect to see Diabate, Amartey and Gray coming off the bench.

I have no idea how they will line up. If they take it seriously then this is a tough game and it could go either way. If they make lots of changes then I think our lineup is very decent and with players to bring off the bench should get through. I'd go 2-1 to us, but it could go to Extra time or even penalties.

Thought it went straight to penalties if tied at full time this year

• Thanks 1

On 22/09/2018 at 20:15, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Blimey just been on one of their forums to see what they think of the upcoming cup tie …. no mention of it … but :

Most seem to think a 7th place finish in the league is a minimum requirement.

One bloke saying that he will be disappointed if they don't finish in the top four and make a domestic cup final.

Granted they've been playing some good stuff and have a couple of genuine quality players but they seem more delusional than the Spurs mob.

Wow thats next level delusional. They'll do ok this season but like Everton, they'll fall short of top 7/8 as they don't have a top goalscorer. They have some decent players and will finish 10th-12th but if they really think they'll bother the top 6 then they need their heads testing! 

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Believe it is in Puel's brief to challenge for the domestic trophies?

If true, after a steady start to the season, there may not be as many changes as people think. 

He will probably rest  “the big” players when we get to the Quarterfinals 

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Ward,

Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Fuchs

Choudhury,

Silva, Iborra

Albrighton, Okazaki, Diabaté.

Whilst I'd like to see this, Puel has been very tactically rigid in his career and has rarely gone away from 4231/442/4411 You could play the same players with Silva as a 10 though.