Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

I just hope that with the arrival of Tielemans he still gets game time. He doesn't necessarily have to start (though on recent form, why not!?), but he deserves more and more minutes.

I expect that Tielemans replaces Mendy, but hopefully that means Mendy *and* Hamza are on the bench. If he's dropped from the squad again I'd be very disappointed!

That said I am very excited to see Tielemans play. We know we are lacking creativity and sadly neither Silva not Iborra rectified that problem.

55 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I think Hamza will be a massive player, pretty sure he will be our number one defensive midfielder within the next 12 months. 

It may not be your thing, but worth spending 10 minutes in a game just constantly watching him. His scanning and reading of the game is outstanding, he has a total knowledge of his surroundings, and the dangers that are around and he is constantly pointing at others where a danger exists, which to me shows him as a future leader and Captain of the team.

Creativity isn’t there, but he is so focussed on organising and spotting danger and so it looks like defensive midfielder is where he will spend his career. 

He has got that inner desire to be the best as well. He knows his quality and wants recognition for it, so he is very confident in his own abilities. 

A jjoy to watch and he will carry a huge price tag in a few years. 

Reckon we could see him marshalling the England midfield within 2 years.

He's every bit as good as Dier, and getting better the more he plays.

• Like 1

https://www.givemesport.com/1448793-leicester-citys-hamza-choudhury-produced-incredible-pace-to-catch-sadio-mane?autoplay=on

Leicester City's Hamza Choudhury produced incredible pace to catch Sadio Mane

Claude Puel's men showed energy and intensity after going behind and they were helped by the introduction of 21-year-old midfielder Hamza Choudhury.

Choudhury came on with 15 minutes remaining and made an immediate impact by sprinting back 50 yards to catch up with Mane and stop a counter attack.

Bear in mind that Mane is one of the Premier League's fastest players, yet Choudhury caught up with him in seconds.

We love a good tackle and this is fantastic from Hamza Choudhury.

How's that for raw pace? Choudhury is relatively unknown quantity in the Premier League and in that moment he made a mockery of his 65 pace on FIFA 19.

It looks like Leicester have another exciting young talent on their hands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

also gotta say i’m glad bringing him into the team has seen a real resurgence of the matt oakley inside right position circa 2009/10. something felt like it’d been missing for the past decade and imho it was a central midfielder with absolutely zero attributes to be a winger, basically playing on the wing. 

I saw it more like when Ranieri used to bring on Kante as a winger at the start of the title winning season :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

I think Hamza will be a massive player, pretty sure he will be our number one defensive midfielder within the next 12 months. 

It may not be your thing, but worth spending 10 minutes in a game just constantly watching him. His scanning and reading of the game is outstanding, he has a total knowledge of his surroundings, and the dangers that are around and he is constantly pointing at others where a danger exists, which to me shows him as a future leader and Captain of the team.

Creativity isn’t there, but he is so focussed on organising and spotting danger and so it looks like defensive midfielder is where he will spend his career. 

He has got that inner desire to be the best as well. He knows his quality and wants recognition for it, so he is very confident in his own abilities. 

A jjoy to watch and he will carry a huge price tag in a few years. 

See, I think he has potential to be creative too. In u23 matches he's often been pinging in long, pinpoint accurate attacking balls. He's also not scared to get the ball and run at the opposition. Obviously the defensive side is his strength, but I think the raw ingredients are there to make him just an amazing all round midfielder. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rachhere said:

See, I think he has potential to be creative too. In u23 matches he's often been pinging in long, pinpoint accurate attacking balls. He's also not scared to get the ball and run at the opposition. Obviously the defensive side is his strength, but I think the raw ingredients are there to make him just an amazing all round midfielder. 

I agree. I rate him very highly and I hope Puel doesn't massively underuse him, and frustrate him.

4 hours ago, deep blue said:

I agree. I rate him very highly and I hope Puel doesn't massively underuse him, and frustrate him.

If there is one manager I'd trust to bring Hamza along and give him game time, it's Puel.

His record at developing young players is excellent. Just look at the progress and game time given to Chilwell, Maddison, Ndidi, Barnes, Gray, Pereira, since he became our manager if you need further proof.