Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

Arsenal fans are so weird aren’t they. Clearly what he’s said in those isn’t right, I just find that a very strange use of your time going after players who slapped your team. Very bitter and personal. Odd.

Apart from the first one (which is in quote marks anyway), nothing for him to worry about there.

Pathetic when people go digging up old Tweets to try and shame people 6 years later because they’ve had a good game against their team.

Pulling people up for this is what leads to the stage-managed Twitter accounts that 90% of footballers seem to have these days. It’s like people don’t want footballers to have freedom to express anything other than PR-approved generic statements.

A couple of ill-advised Tweets there, even at whatever age he was, but does it really matter now?!

I feel like Twitter should have a 3 year expiry on it where Tweets are automatically deleted unless re-activated during that time as it does no one any favours pulling these things that were said on their platform years after the author has matured.

23 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Dont know why the club don't get the young players to make new twitters. Everyone says stupid shit, especially on Twitter. 

Class today tho.

It’s a shame that the club aren't professional enough to go back through all the younger players twitter accounts and to delete the controversial content 

seriously - they have a duty of care to the young players and preventing them from being exposed in this way should be part of that. If hamza was a nobody then his tweets would count for nothing but he represents the club and the club should deal with things better. (I actually think his agent should sort it out but they won’t spend their money on stuff like that) 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s a shame that the club aren't professional enough to go back through all the younger players twitter accounts and to delete the controversial content 

seriously - they have a duty of care to the young players and preventing them from being exposed in this way should be part of that. If hamza was a nobody then his tweets would count for nothing but he represents the club and the club should deal with things better. (I actually think his agent should sort it out but they won’t spend their money on stuff like that) 

Fair point

However…. We may have missed out on “chat shit get banged” if some corporate tweet cleanser had done their work

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Andre Gray got a 4 game ban and a fine handed down by the FA for doing something similar. Hamza will probably get something similar.

I really think a lot of this is ridiculous. It's 6 years ago. All of what he said isn't okay, but 6 years ago a lot of that was a lot less sensitive.

He's 21, 6 years ago he was 15, such a stupid rule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I really think a lot of this is ridiculous. It's 6 years ago. All of what he said isn't okay, but 6 years ago a lot of that was a lot less sensitive.

He's 21, 6 years ago he was 15, such a stupid rule.

I just don't understand why people don't understand that Twitter will only lead to trouble sooner or later.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Andre Gray got a 4 game ban and a fine handed down by the FA for doing something similar. Hamza will probably get something similar.

I think it unlikely. Gray's comments were when he was 20, Hamza's were when he was 15. A greater similarity ro Rice's comments supporting the IRA when he was 16; an apology and move on.

The bigger issue is - why doesn't every club not instruct players to delete all historic comments?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I’d be amazed if that happens. He was a minor at the time. Applying an adult disciplinary process to a child is fraught with danger. I suspect a visit from a nice man from the FA making it clear that comments such as these must never be repeated now he’s an adult. 

• Like 2

Them tweets Jesus you hear worse in pubs at lunch time. 

What sad bastard found them or even looked proper nerd.

Anyway Hamza today was brilliant and my MOTM.

Really pulled the strings and some of them tackles are kante like.

Big future this lad has.