Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Newport post match thread 2- 1

Newport deserved it. I’m not ashamed to say I favour stability with a view to reviewing things in the summer, but I have to say he got that wrong today. James wasn’t ready for 70 minutes today, no Vardy in the 18 was foolish, and you put Ricardo on the pitch you have every chance of winning the game. However that lack of will to stop the cross for the first goal, the hatful of chances missed and the stupidity to handball a cross when you’ve just got the equaliser. Where was the desire from the players. People say the manager should get them up for it but you have to look in the mirror and take responsibility yourself in games like this, and not enough of them did. Collective responsibility today. He’s just put himself under massive pressure 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Every single player that wore the shirt on that pitch today should be embarrassed and ****ing ashamed of themselves. 

Every single player aside from Ward, Evans, Albrighton, Hamza, Maddison and Gray should be ****ing gone. 

Don't agree that they should all be gone.....very much agree with your short list of exclusions from a long list of shame, though.

Absolutely unacceptable

We didn't try enough in the first half; defence all over the place for the goal, Fuchs daydreaming and shown a pair of heels, Morgan letting a young lad find space and get a clean header. Our shots amounted to "if it's on target, fair enough" all of the first half.

Second half standard team clinging on for dear life against the odds, they were good though regardless of our dead weight Kelechi Iheanacho, James(soz mate) was ragged, Ghezzal useless until he scoredlol

Quite pissed off frankly. League 2 team, BBC1, only game on. Team should've been good enough to beat these so Shearer can F off. Bin Kelechi Iheanacho, he's absolutely useless as a striker against a motivated League 2 side; just get rid, doesn't look like he really wants to play here. Finding it hard to knock Albrighton but he has to be, WHAT IN THE F ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR ARM UP IN THE AIR DEFENDING A CROSS YOU COMPLETE NUMPTY? Wasted a couple of chances too. Ghezzal looked better in CM towards the end of the game when he had space.

Only ambition left for the season is Europa League then. I really hope one year we can do well in this Cup, it's so antagonising losing out to these and The Mill in recent years.

This is the beauty of the FA cup (apparently)

Andy King sub was hardly a surprise, as it is to be assumed he leaves imminently.

Too many players who confirmed that they played their last game for City today with that performance.

Rightfully so in some cases.

More depth please.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deebhoy said:

I know nurses who work 60/70 hours week. They're assaulted, verbally abused see people dying. They work under incredible pressure. Yet football managers seem to think footballers can't play two 90 minute games a week. What a joke. Season over in early January.

Too right, football needs to start living in the real world. If can't play two games in a week the conditioning coaches are poor. 

To play 2 players that haven't featured for a year for us is diabolical. To have no striker on the bench even an under 23 player is a disgrace.

A team that looked like they wanted to be at home watching the game on telly rather than playing in the cup.

There is no respect or desire to play for this manager either have a big clear out or the manager needs to go.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s doesnt smell of a puel decision ........

methinks the ‘dressing room’ remains far stronger than we think 

Squad players will hardly be interested in training hard in case they’re needed to cover an injury if they don’t get selected for Newport (a)

I was trying to remain silent but I have to ask questions here, I asked the questions last year and never really got answers or reasoning in response, the fact he's been here over a year now adds even more confusion to it.

Grow some bollocks, he's been here a year, over a year, has he still not sorted the rumoured strong dressing room, snakes? By all means your suggestion may well be correct but he's been here a year, should he not have gone a fair way to sorting this? If not why?

It's easier said than done getting rid of players but lay some bleeding ground rules down, show some discipline.

Edited by Matt

Just now, Buce said:

Sorry, Suze, but that's bollox.

We weren't unlucky, we were spineless - Newport simply wanted it more than the bunch of overpaid dross we fielded today. I've seen some embarrassing Cup exits in my time but that caps the lot. Unfit to wear the shirt.

Opinions Buce, we were unlucky in the sense that anyone of the shots on target could have gone in on another day and made it a totally different score.

I'm not trying to say we played well, even i am not that crazy but how i saw it was bad individual play that lost us the game, our end product mainly, and to progress we need to buy in certain areas.

• Like 1

Puel clearly doesn't give a **** about the FA Cup. If he did he wouldn't have fielded a midfielder who hasn't played for about 100 years and two strikers who haven't scored a goal for about 150 years between them. Simple as that.

• Like 4

Just now, kingfox said:

Why? Because he's made some decent signings for us.

I'm completely split after tonight, we're 7th in the league which is the perfect position for us, we've beaten Chelsea, Man City and Everton in recent weeks, in those games he changed formation and it worked for us.

Today our back up players got another chance and failed to perform, yet again it's certain players that are letting us down.

We had enough chances to win that today yet our finishing was piss poor, that's not Claude's fault, it's not Claude's fault that Albrighton had a brainless moment. 

it's not black and white - it's gray.

puel has bought us Madison  and recardo - and he's bought us ghezzel.  (meanwhile we know its over for nacho, james, king, silva, ibora etc).  Not securing strikers in the summer is a sacking offence.

The position inthe league is great - but the foot bal is woeful... our win at everton was coz they were even poorer then we were.   Puel has to because with other managers we always believed there was apoosibility of us turning a game round.  Not with claud.   Puels foot ball is not the way forward.

11 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

People blaming Puel.

That side should have been more than capable of beating Newport.

Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, Iheanacho, James, Ghezzal & Okazaki were simply not good enough. 

Was it Puel’s fault the players shown no fight, no passion, no urgency?

Was it his fault Ghezzal didn’t play the ball to Iheanacho in the first half? Was it his fault Okazaki missed 2 sitters? 

It's his job to inspire and motivate the players, we played like we didn't give a **** today, also how is it not his fault that when we were desperate for a goal he brings on Andy king who hasn't played a game for a year and a player he has isolated throughout this season, what kind of a message does that send because to me it sends that he didn't give a **** about winning today, even PEP played a full string team.today, we had no excuses, it's a week till our next game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is the beauty of the FA cup (apparently)

Andy King sub was hardly a surprise, as it is to be assumed he leaves imminently.

Too many players who confirmed that they played their last game for City today with that performance.

Rightfully so in some cases.

More depth please.

Without knowing the contract situation I’m not sure how we can get rid of these players 

That game highlights the huge gulf in quality between our regular starting 11 and the remainder of the squad. We had too many passengers today. 

Okazaki was woeful. Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs and James were all poor. We were brighter in the second when Maddison came on but it just wasn't happening for us today.

My big worry is that the Puel style was supposed to aid us in these types of games where we had lots of possession. Man City, Chelsea and Everton mean we can play counter attack, and we're very good at that. Puel was supposed to transition us in to a team who knew what to do with the ball but we look largely clueless.

Long punts towards Iheanacho today. Why? Just moronic. I know he can't account for players missing good chances but we're talking about a league 2 side today. If a player isn't up for the task don't send him out there. Inexcusable.

• Like 1