Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

24 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don’t see how people can say with such guarantee that we have the 7th or 8th best squad in the league? Nearly everyone in the squad has been called shit at some point this season but at the same it’s supposed to be a squad challenging for 7th place. 

Agreed, outside of our regular first team players lets’s look at this great squad we supposedly have..

RB: Simpson, Amartey - Meh.

CB: Morgan, Soyuncu. Wes is past it unfortunately and if Soyuncu was that great he’d be atleast on the bench surely. 

LB: Fuchs - fair enough, he’s a solid back up option.

CM: Mendy, James - James is injury prone and Mendy is again a bit meh, 7/10 most weeks, but not much more then that. 

RW/LW: Ghezzal, Gray - you have to wonder if they’d make an impact even at championship level.

CF: Iheanacho, Okazaki - Love Shinji. In regards to Iheanacho I think we can all agree he’s a bit shit. 

So to conclude, what great options do we have to say we have the 7th or so best squad? I’d say Ward and Fuchs are solid back up options. Mendy maybe, Okazaki in the right system I guess?

Everyone else is just painfully average.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Agreed, outside of our regular first team players lets’s look at this great squad we supposedly have..

RB: Simpson, Amartey - Meh.

CB: Morgan, Soyuncu. Wes is past it unfortunately and if Soyuncu was that great he’d be atleast on the bench surely. 

LB: Fuchs - fair enough, he’s a solid back up option.

CM: Mendy, James - James is injury prone and Mendy is again a bit meh, 7/10 most weeks, but not much more then that. 

RW/LW: Ghezzal, Gray - you have to wonder if they’d make an impact even at championship level.

CF: Iheanacho, Okazaki - Love Shinji. In regards to Iheanacho I think we can all agree he’s a bit shit. 

So to conclude, what great options do we have to say we have the 7th or so best squad? I’d say Ward and Fuchs are solid back up options. Mendy maybe, Okazaki in the right system I guess?

Everyone else is just painfully average.

The above also brings me to the Puel youth revolution!

Barnes & Choudhary already here and had been expected to push for the first team. Barnes only featuring because he did so well at West Brom that Puel could not ignore him.

Chilwell was already expected to take over from Fuchs, so really, is this a Puel youth revolution or just an expected change of personnel. 

Puel has the unenviable task of trying to phase out the title winners mixed with woeful recruitment on the back of it. 

I think he has gone about it the right way. He has shown respect and all have had their chance to stay in the side. However only Vardy, Kasper and Albrighton are up to it. 

Vardy and Kasper are however big personalities and only a strong character can keep them in check. If there are any ring leaders I would expect these two would cause disruption in the squad.

I would like to see both phased out in 19/20 as we evolve again. 

• Like 1

When these sack rumours don't come to pass - these ITKs need their credibility permanently shredded and not 'that's what I heard from mi mate the disgruntled groundskeeper'. So many people throw nonsense at the wall hoping it sticks. 

Yeah, let's bring in the guy who couldn't succeed in Belgian's second division. Absolutely clueless. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's been like that all along, people just wanted to ignore it.

Yeh I'm not a fan of Puel but this lack of passion stuff is a myth. 

You can check his celebrations v Everton in his first game and away at Newcastle shortly after.

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's been like that all along, people just wanted to ignore it.

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Yeh I'm not a fan of Puel but this lack of passion stuff is a myth. 

You can check his celebrations v Everton in his first game and away at Newcastle shortly after.

Agreed, you can't knock him regarding that he is always passionate even more so when we score, he seems like he cares but the connection with the fans isn't exactly great for some reason.

He has his flaws like any manager I don't know what it is that causes the unrest some decisions do seem bizzare but others logical, he is a tough nut to crack.

17 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

G.....

G......

in before the lock

Gone

17 hours ago, themightyfin said:

7/2 betvictor is huge right now 

17 hours ago, themightyfin said:

G..G...G

There's a lot of thirsty Puel Outters relying on you right now guys..... lol 

Image result for i'm waiting meme

• Haha 1

Puel has never lacked passion, he just conducts himself professionally when dealing with the media.... his reactions to the Wolves game, United game yesterday’s game and the other narrow defeats just highlights that he is passionate. The problem is those who don’t like Puel will find anything they can to moan about him. When we win it’s “papering over the cracks” when we draw it’s “we got away with that one” when he addresses the media it’s “he’s boring and has no rapport with the fans”.

He’s no different to most managers when speaking Potch doesn’t run around during press conference’s doing cartwheels, handstands and the Macarena.....  Were lucky to have someone who comes across as being level headed and normal whilst talking to the press, or would people prefer his to start calling the reporters ostriches? 

People talk about ‘player power’ at LCFC. And they are absolutely right. Most clubs would love to have the commitment and dedication that our players have to their club. What a good manager would do is use player power to their advantage.

In some respects Puel has done a good job but he has had it easy. He inherited a great group of players and a great ownership plus a big budget. Most average managers could take this side to mid-table. What we need is a manger who can harness that ‘player power’ in the right way. Puel is constantly trying to fight it. Why? It’s a battle he will never win. Who would choose Puel over Schmiecal or Vardy? Similar to Sarri at the moment with Chelsea and Edin Hazard.

I feel that this season has been a huge missed opportunity because at the moment we have the money and the ‘pull’ to attract a top class manager and players. But that won’t last forever, so we need to say “Thank you and goodbye” to Puel whilst some of the aura of 2016 still remains.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't care whether his passionate or not, I just judge him on results and performances, averaging a point a game for the last 10 games is poor.

33 minutes ago, Ali Begbie said:

In some respects Puel has done a good job but he has had it easy. He inherited a great group of players and a great ownership plus a big budget. Most average managers could take this side to mid-table.

What do you define as big budget, we had a net spend of about 20 million in the summer?

Also a great group of players, we have a average PL squad, as shown by our league finishes in the last 2 seasons  

50 minutes ago, Ali Begbie said:

People talk about ‘player power’ at LCFC. And they are absolutely right. Most clubs would love to have the commitment and dedication that our players have to their club. What a good manager would do is use player power to their advantage.

In some respects Puel has done a good job but he has had it easy. He inherited a great group of players and a great ownership plus a big budget. Most average managers could take this side to mid-table. What we need is a manger who can harness that ‘player power’ in the right way. Puel is constantly trying to fight it. Why? It’s a battle he will never win. Who would choose Puel over Schmiecal or Vardy? Similar to Sarri at the moment with Chelsea and Edin Hazard.

I feel that this season has been a huge missed opportunity because at the moment we have the money and the ‘pull’ to attract a top class manager and players. But that won’t last forever, so we need to say “Thank you and goodbye” to Puel whilst some of the aura of 2016 still remains.

I still don't agree with this, I think we're building a potentially great group of players. He inherited a bloated and aging squad filled with expensive duffers and had to cope with losing our best player.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I still don't agree with this, I think we're building a potentially great group of players. He inherited a bloated and aging squad filled with expensive duffers and had to cope with losing our best player.

World class keeper, world class central defender, world class striker.  Yes he had some work to do with some of the older players but he basically had the spine of a great team handed to him on a plate.

Plus he’s had to do nothing to build up team spirit or commitment to the cause. That was already there.  He didn't have to get rid of the players  you mention to make way for expensive additions like Maddison and Ricardo.

On a platter on a silver cushion. Wrapped in a bow. Believe me most managers would have bit your hand off for the scenario Puel inherited.

But somehow he’s managed to turn his best players (and a majority of the fans) against him, got us knocked out of the FA Cup by Newport and sitting in the bottom half of the League. 

48 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't care whether his passionate or not, I just judge him on results and performances, averaging a point a game for the last 10 games is poor.

What do you define as big budget, we had a net spend of about 20 million in the summer?

Also a great group of players, we have a average PL squad, as shown by our league finishes in the last 2 seasons  

True but too often Puel has diluted the quality of the first 11 by his constant inclusion of average squad players at the expense of the quality that he has at his disposal.  

Diabate at Fulham, the unfathomable preference for Ihanacho, the decision to play Matty James at Newport. Bringing on ANDY KING when 2-1 down at Newport.  Benching Maddison at Wolves. Benching Vardy isn’t even in the Top Five of the Bizarrest decisions he has made this season.

These are not the decisions of a great manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got a hunch he will go in the next 2 weeks, based on nothing but a feeling. I think we're going to try and get Wagner now he's left Huddersfield which i'm really not sure on, I hope our intention is to give him the rest of the season and if it's still so divided on him then go and get Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, Ali Begbie said:

World class keeper, world class central defender, world class striker.  Yes he had some work to do with some of the older players but he basically had the spine of a great team handed to him on a plate.

Plus he’s had to do nothing to build up team spirit or commitment to the cause. That was already there.  He didn't have to get rid of the players  you mention to make way for expensive additions like Maddison and Ricardo.

On a platter on a silver cushion. Wrapped in a bow. Believe me most managers would have bit your hand off for the scenario Puel inherited.

So three good players then... none of whom are even world class. :rolleyes:

That great squad and spirit that saw us go into the bottom three twice and sack two managers.

He didn't have to buy Ricardo or Maddison, true we could have kept playing Okazaki and Simpson until they were 45.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ali Begbie said:

But somehow he’s managed to turn his best players (and a majority of the fans) against him, got us knocked out of the FA Cup by Newport and sitting in the bottom half of the League. 

True but too often Puel has diluted the quality of the first 11 by his constant inclusion of average squad players at the expense of the quality that he has at his disposal.  

Diabate at Fulham, the unfathomable preference for Ihanacho, the decision to play Matty James at Newport. Bringing on ANDY KING when 2-1 down at Newport.  Benching Maddison at Wolves. Benching Vardy isn’t even in the Top Five of the Bizarrest decisions he has made this season.

These are not the decisions of a great manager.

None of Maguire, Schmeichel, or Vardy are "world class" imo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a hunch he will go in the next 2 weeks, based on nothing but a feeling. I think we're going to try and get Wagner now he's left Huddersfield which i'm really not sure on, I hope our intention is to give him the rest of the season and if it's still so divided on him then go and get Rodgers.

I think Puel will be here this time next year

Hope Puel stays. Is wrestling with the players who have become bigger than the club

Yesterday showed the direction we're going in under him. Surprise surpise, get a dynamic CM in and we looked a lot more dynamic

Be a shame to hound Puel out of the club for the sake of players who wont be starting for is within one or two seasons

I would love it if we could keep Tielemans, but i bet we cant :(