Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Who then......

I think the big issue is who do we replace him with and to be honest I haven't got a clue.

I'd like to think if we are planning on replacing Claude we're going for someone who we can give the job to for 3 - 4 years to build something, rather than these short term appointments from whoever happens to apply. Lets have a preferred candidate in mind and go for them in the summer and then rebuild.

• Like 1

I'm really not sure about bringing in managers fresh from relegation battles. Of course they might be hindered by lack of resources and restrictions but 38 games of struggle must change their outlook and thinking.

I wouldn't have minded someone like Pellegrini coming to us. I don't anticipate a spectacular appointment now.

11 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

I think Adolf Hutter who's doing great at Eintracht Frankfort, they are playing high pressing attacking football, he did wonders at Young Boys where they won the Swiss super league which they hadn't won since 86.

His coaching style is very similar to Ralf Hassanhuttl, who I wanted to have in the summer because he was available, but it wasn't meant to be with him. 

He conquered Europe - well, almost

13 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I’d take anyone over Puel! You scoffing at some one who has achieved that then? 3 promotions in 5 years with 2 different clubs!

If that was an effective criterion, Warnock would be one of the best Premier League managers.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think the big issue is who do we replace him with and to be honest I haven't got a clue.

I'd like to think if we are planning on replacing Claude we're going for someone who we can give the job to for 3 - 4 years to build something, rather than these short term appointments from whoever happens to apply. Lets have a preferred candidate in mind and go for them in the summer and then rebuild.

With our fans, short term success is needed. Rudkin and Top would need to be thick skinned enough to ignore the noise.

Let's see if those who said they'd rather see better football and be in danger of relegation act if we were actually in that position.

Edited by martyn

3 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Roberto Martinez, Premier League Experience, Not Boring as hell and did a great job with Belgium at the world cup

While it will be attacking, attractive football with Martinez at the other end we won't be able to keep them out. He's in the same mould as Marco Silva / Eddie Howe.

• Like 1

I’d be tempted to go with Chris Wilder in the summer. Him being a Sheff Utd fan, would be difficult to prize him away especially if he gets them promoted. 

He pays a very attacking back 3 with wing backs, where the CB’s actually push on and provide overloads on the wing. Bielsa very impressed by him.

Done a good job at Northampton before too. I suppose lack of top flight experience would be a gamble but any appointment would have its risks

3 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

I’d be tempted to go with Chris Wilder in the summer. Him being a Sheff Utd fan, would be difficult to prize him away especially if he gets them promoted. 

He pays a very attacking back 3 with wing backs, where the CB’s actually push on and provide overloads on the wing. Bielsa very impressed by him.

Done a good job at Northampton before too. I suppose lack of top flight experience would be a gamble but any appointment would have its risks

Massive massive step up

I honestly think this is all academic for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, I really don't think Top will be seriously considering it right now. If he* backed Nige in 2013 and again in 2015 when things were going South then I'm pretty sure he'll back Claude now. Factor in that the club is in turmoil for reasons beyond its control and it just seems like if it were to happen at all then it wouldn't be right now.

Secondly, if Claude was to get the boot  in the next few weeks then I'd put my mortgage on Big Nige swapping Leuven for Leicester pretty sharpish, even if it was on a caretaker basis at first. Must be significant that he's been kept on the payroll as it were. 

* Still feels weird typing 'he' and not 'they', 'Top' rather than 'Vichai and 'Top' :(

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

and if after a season of him we're not doing great do we sack him too? Get someone else in to "rebuild"? We need to break the cycle of mid season sackings. 

We, as fans, have to accept it's not going to go well all of the time. At the minute it's not great. We're not going anywhere so why can't Puel be the one to get the time to rebuild?