Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom12345

NDIDI

Papy has been singled out by the opposition now .... too many times he is being isolated in physical battles (which he mostly loses). In the premier league, I think that a huge problem for him. It’s a big risk for us to be taking. Wilf will survive any change in personnel 

Edited by st albans fox

I thought Wild was excellent today. But I've said it before you cannot play 2 in midfield and expect to win games. In a 2 they have to be very good individually and very experienced, and our 2 are neither.

That's not Ndiddi's fault that's the managers. I just don't understand why Puel can't see that.

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I thought Wild was excellent today. But I've said it before you cannot play 2 in midfield and expect to win games. In a 2 they have to be very good individually and very experienced, and our 2 are neither.

That's not Ndiddi's fault that's the managers. I just don't understand why Puel can't see that.

Well Wild thing didn't make my heart sing today! 

We don't have the midfielders to play just the 2. We have to play 3. You can then afford for one of them to not be as good on the ball. My ideal midfield 3 would be Silva, Ndidi and Maddison. 

Ndidi deeper and protecting the back 4. Maddison and Silva creating nice passing triangles and going forward occasionally 

If you play donkeys in midfield, then expect shit to happen. 

Ndidi obviously is not the player he was last year, still generally good and combative, but Puel has clearly coached his negative play. Going forward he is very poor. Shooting probably the worst in the league.

I would always still have him in the side, but he needs a creative midfielder next to him. Puel doesn't agree and drops Maddison and totally bins Silva. Ndidi looks poor because the manager doesn't help him. 

its not nididis fault, he does all the running and tackling, but we just keep giving the ball back, we need a midfield player who can hold the ball and produce a killer pass, but the boss seems like, he doesnt want that type of player, so nididi has to do both jobs and he is not a ball player.

6 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I think quite soon Hamza will surpass Wilf in ability. I think he is showing the strengths of being a good defensive midfielder whilst also possessing a greater ability to get forward. Watch this space.

He certainly seems to be a great potential and has a great positioning sense. His ball control is way better than Wilf already (although that does not say much) and he seems to have a good pass in him. He needs more game time to improve though.

21 hours ago, Woodsey1727 said:

I'd rather have ndidi in the team than mendy, ndidi has more passes, more tackles and interceptions 

I don't know who is contra or pro Mendy...but imo, one of them has to be benched.If we had the quality in rescources,and thought of

Changing tactics..I would bench both of them!!! 

If we had any thought of benching,I can only come up with,the following...in midfield,our front 3 We have other choices!!!

Maybe

Silva,     Choudry,

Maddison

With.      Barnes.           Gray

Vardy

16 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Ndidi definitely NOT out

Ndidi in alongside a midfielder who can spray the ball around

This seems crystal clear to me

Mendy out for sure

This.

Nididi right now is one of the best tacklers in this league and possibly in Europe. Like Kante, if he's used in a different way than he's used to, he's simply not as effective. So a decision has to be made, do we train him to get forward more, or do we keep him doing what we know he is exceptional at, which is breaking up play? 

• Like 2

On 20/01/2019 at 20:43, Beechey said:

This.

Nididi right now is one of the best tacklers in this league and possibly in Europe. Like Kante, if he's used in a different way than he's used to, he's simply not as effective. So a decision has to be made, do we train him to get forward more, or do we keep him doing what we know he is exceptional at, which is breaking up play? 

I don’t really see him break up play anymore. In fairness, he still runs around a lot and is combative, but his anticipation is pretty average and his tackling often bordline on giving away fouls. We can’t really speak about him in the same paragraph as Kante.

He needs to take some responsibility too when we have the ball and try to move into good space to receive a pass or to help create space for others. Have some confidence boy. Then we need to speak about his ball control as PL footballer. He is simply not ready yet.  Hamza is I would say more ready.

On 20/01/2019 at 13:43, Beechey said:

This.

I want to see him paired Choudhury for a change. It's not ideal and I think that bringing a CM able to pass forward is the top priority but I think that it would be less negative than the Mendy/Ndidi combo.

On 20/01/2019 at 02:20, boosmanana said:

We don't have the midfielders to play just the 2. We have to play 3. You can then afford for one of them to not be as good on the ball. My ideal midfield 3 would be Silva, Ndidi and Maddison. 

Ndidi deeper and protecting the back 4. Maddison and Silva creating nice passing triangles and going forward occasionally 

Love to see this implemented and kept to,over 4-5 games, with Choudry also being part of the set up...Either has sub,or pushing Maddison forward...!!

I have said before and during this season,that Silva in a 3 could work,that Ndidi's lack of consistent decent passes would be balance with Silva,and

ndidi could be the henchman for Silva...for those who remember...Roberts and Gibson,though both the latter could play without the other..!!!A

Choudry could for this season ,he the automatic game time Sub...or mixed into midfield with a more forward Maddison...

That would mean ..Barnes/Albrighton/Gray/ vying for one position...or ready for plan B or C...!!

I get so frustrated when our fans start having a pop at players that have clearly got it. Wilf might be a bit jaded, and not at his best at the moment, but he is immense and we miss him desperately when he’s not in the side.

He has delivered for us at a very young age for a combative midfielder and he should be one of the young stars we build the team around.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Most times possession won in the midfield third in the Premier League this season:

? W. Ndidi -- Leicester (113)
? Jorginho -- Chelsea (112)
? D. Rice -- West Ham (110)

http://wscrd.co/PremierLeague https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1092837758983237633/photo/1

Tielemans could be a game changer for Puel. 

Let Wilf get on with the job is evidently so brilliant at and actually play a Dynamic partner that’ll do the job going forward.  

Pretty much this.

Ndidi is pretty crap going forward - and his long shots are often wildly off target - but defensively he's one of the best midfielders in the league. When asked to do both he rushes it and makes mistakes. Him and Mendy are too similar in this regard - neither really have a clue with the ball at their feet.

With Tielemans, I'm hoping it'll be a similar dynamic to the title winning season where Kanté was the ball winner, often laid the simple pass off to Drinkwater, who then pushed forward and created chances.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Most times possession won in the midfield third in the Premier League this season:

? W. Ndidi -- Leicester (113)
? Jorginho -- Chelsea (112)
? D. Rice -- West Ham (110)

http://wscrd.co/PremierLeague https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1092837758983237633/photo/1

Tielemans could be a game changer for Puel. 

Let Wilf get on with the job is evidently so brilliant at and actually play a Dynamic partner that’ll do the job going forward.  

Have to have doubts about those figures when Jorginho is second.