Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Youri Tielemans

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

FFP (Financial Fair Play) essentially means what you can spend is tied to your club earnings, in an attempt to prevent clubs falling into debt by spending recklessly. (In practice, it doesn't quite work like that, but I digress..)

The amount we spend is capped, but there's also a limit on how much the wage bill can increase per season. We added a number of players in the summer so are pushing up to this limit already.

From what I understand, we've signed away our PL prize money for the next few years as collateral for the loan needed to develop the training ground. This ties our hands a little bit, so our incomings are reliant on generating funds through other player sales and clearing wages. Transfer values are amortised over the length of a player's contract so it's not *quite* as restricting as it seems, but it still holds us back a little. A few players' contracts expire in the summer so we'll have more leeway to sign players of this caliber permanently. In the meantime we're clearly trusting our ability to bring through youth prospects rather than fresh signings, which seems to be working so far.

After writing off the club debt the owner's aim was to make us self-sufficient to additional cash injections weren't required. We seem to be doing a decent job on that front after a few rocky years in our past.

Excellent, thank you. I think I was a bit surprised re the FFP reports bc our net spend was quite modest with Riyad going this last summer, but there is clearly more going on that just that. 

9 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I have it on good authority the announcement is delayed as they want to make a double announcement

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

oooh you tease...

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Silva out

Tielemans In

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vanity said:

Excellent, thank you. I think I was a bit surprised re the FFP reports bc our net spend was quite modest with Riyad going this last summer, but there is clearly more going on that just that. 

Rudkin’s Club Cat needs to be binned. The cost of a tin of Whiskas is horrendous.   This should free up funds for another Striker.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I find it quite amusing that we're supposedly signing an 'out of form' player.

He's scored 5 goals from Midfield in a team at the bottom of the French League... which means he's scored more goals than our own striker.... 

Looking forward to seeing him add some firepower to our midfield, we need all the goals we can get from around the side. Just 1 goal in 14 from any striker in our squad... 

Vardy has more than 5 goals and more than 1 in the last 14 games but I too am looking forward to some Tielemans rippers.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Vardy has more than 5 goals and more than 1 in the last 14 games but I too am looking forward to some Tielemans rippers.

Yeah I can't read... will get rid of the above lol

We do need more goals from somewhere though lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Oh god don’t tell me they’ve made a video intro. 

*darkness* 

shady figure walks down the corridor. 

We all think it's Tielemans

*lights switch on*

It's drinkwater, back from a holiday and is rather tanned, holding a city shirt up.