Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Crystal palace Leicester in 2021 champions league semi final very much on the cards.

I could imagine this

Leicester city after beating Barcelona in the round of 16 and Juventus in the Quarter-finals have just lost 5-1 to crystal palace over two legs. Milivojevic scoring all 5 from the penalty spot after all the diving that  would have occurred. 

We could have the best starting 11 to ever grace the planet and still lose to palace:dry:

Edited by Fightforever
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

FML if Palace win they go joint on points with us?

Their next 5 league games 

Man City 

Arsensl

Leicester 

Chelsea 

Liverpool 

Edited by Koke
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I could imagine this

Leicester city after beating Barcelona in the round of 16 and Juventus in the Quarter-finals have just lost 5-1 to crystal palace over two legs. Milivojevic scoring all 5 from the penalty spot after all the diving that  would have occurred. 

We could have the best starting 11 to ever grace the planet and still lose to palace:dry:

Bit like how Ajax got on last year.Get through Bayern in the group.Beat Real Madrid and Juventus and then lose to a now shambolic Spurs.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

The only team who can be ahead of us on points after 8 games is Arsenal and only a point at that. Plus we've played 5 of last season's top 7 already.

I still think we can improve, we've had a good start.

Exactly this. We've got a great schedule coming up - just need to get some revenge over Palace when we play them. 

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

The only team who can be ahead of us on points after 8 games is Arsenal and only a point at that. Plus we've played 5 of last season's top 7 already.

I still think we can improve, we've had a good start.

Fantastic start.

The only disappointment has been losing to Man Utd, given how they are, how they're playing and who they've lost to in comparison, we were scared which was criminal given what's going on there - as I said the other day I need to get over that and it could have been a wake up call so in a way a good result, a learning curve.

Today was a kick in the teeth and frustrating - I still havn't seen the penalty but have the feeling, the sense we've been screwed over but that's just me with the 'little old Leicester' and 'big team bias' thoughts running through my head - I've not seen it so really shouldn't have those thoughts.

Given we're still 3rd (4th, joint 3rd at worst) is fantastic.

I hate International breaks at the best of times but really just want the games to keep on coming.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Silva will be off soon.

Really reckon they'll be relegation candidates.

They just don't play like a team playing together, no matter the good quality of some of their players.

People calling Mané a 'cheat' need to have a word. Everyone knows you don't get the decision unless you go to ground. Our players have done it on numerous occasions and he'd be getting pelters if he didn't go to ground tbh. He's just giving the ref a decision to make. Officials should've had the bollocks to not give it/overturn it if anything.

• Like 2

Thought Watford would have turned the corner by now. 0-0 draw against Sheffield United - you have to be winning that - suggests otherwise.

Spurs away next up.

2 minutes ago, Goober said:

People calling Mané a 'cheat' need to have a word. Everyone knows you don't get the decision unless you go to ground. Our players have done it on numerous occasions and he'd be getting pelters if he didn't go to ground tbh. He's just giving the ref a decision to make. Officials should've had the bollocks to not give it/overturn it if anything.

So, he's cheated?

He's conned the ref into giving a decision instead of staying on his feet, like he could have easily done?

Just now, StanSP said:

So, he's cheated?

He's conned the ref into giving a decision instead of staying on his feet, like he could have easily done?

Then 90% of players in the league are cheats.

Players know refs give them nothing if they don't go to ground. 

Calling him a cheat is either massively, massively hypocritical or just lacking in understanding of where the game is at.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Goober said:

Then 90% of players in the league are cheats.

Players know refs give them nothing if they don't go to ground. 

Calling him a cheat is either massively, massively hypocritical or just lacking in understanding of where the game is at.

No. Calling him a cheat is simply stating a fact.