Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Villa not bothering with a medical as they had him on loan last year, unlike us with Youri. I’m glad we are doing to be honest spending so much money. To be shelling out £25m on Mings with no medical with his injury record seems mad, as good as he was for them last year. Cracking deal for Bournemouth 

37 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Ake is miles better than Mings. And better than Dunk IMO. When we played Bournemouth away last season he was a virtual one man defence for them. 

Same when we played them at ours...

Latest paper talk it Man City and Spuds looking at him e.g. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/03/football-transfer-rumour-mill-manchester-city-tottenham-spurs-nathan-ake

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Man City are looking at everyone. :yawn:

Not sure you're helping the tedium quotient with your daft hyperbolics, but suffice it to say if they've been looking at Tyrone Mings it's news to me.

6 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Not sure you're helping the tedium quotient with your daft hyperbolics, but suffice it to say if they've been looking at Tyrone Mings it's news to me.

He was talking about Ake. He included a link and everything. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He was talking about Ake. He included a link and everything. 

I think he was probably saying I was going OTT with my 'they are looking at everyone' comments and he was saying they've never looked at Mings.

Perhaps I was exaggerating making that statement or perhaps he took it too literal, either way Man City sign players, try to sign players or unsettle players at other clubs to weaken any opposition - I think Villa already done that for them and the rest of the league by signing Mings.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think he was probably saying I was going OTT with my 'they are looking at everyone' comments and he was saying they've never looked at Mings.

Perhaps I was exaggerating making that statement or perhaps he took it too literal, either way Man City sign players, try to sign players or unsettle players at other clubs to weaken any opposition - I think Villa already done that for them and the rest of the league by signing Mings.

My original post was about Ake vs. Mings. 

The fact you've concluded that all along that what I really wanted to talk about was Man City's approach to the transfer market (and that I'm hugely absorbed by your hardly unique take on the subject) says a lot about you.

8 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

My original post was about Ake vs. Mings. 

The fact you've concluded that all along that what I really wanted to talk about was Man City's approach to the transfer market (and that I'm hugely absorbed by your hardly unique take on the subject) says a lot about you.

Wow, I was making flippant passing comment. 

I didn’t even want or expect conversation, debate or follow up on it.

Not quite sure where, why or how you’re getting so uppity, argumentative or offended by my comments or what your problem is.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ake is quality. He was let down by the rest of Bournemouth's defence last season. He could do better than Bournemouth. 

If Maguire does leave, Ake is the replacement I would want us to sign. 4Omillion not a bad price for Ake either. Potentially could sell Maguire and get Ake and Tielemans for same price. 

1 hour ago, HKFox said:

If Maguire does leave, Ake is the replacement I would want us to sign. 4Omillion not a bad price for Ake either. Potentially could sell Maguire and get Ake and Tielemans for same price. 

Don’t want Maguire to go but if we got 80+ million for him I would be satisfied especially if we got Ake for half that value.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2019 at 07:40, StanSP said:

Ake is quality. He was let down by the rest of Bournemouth's defence last season. He could do better than Bournemouth. 

Agreed, he was a beast for them the previous season but the whole team fell apart last year.