Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Tuna said:

Rumours of Steve Bruce to Newcastle.

Came here to post this, the Geordies are not impressed. 

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/opinion/newcastle-fans-reaction-to-talk-of-steve-bruce-is-not-pretty/

The comments at the bottom of that link are scary. To name a couple :S 

I’m less concerned about his Sunderland history than I am about the fact that he’s an absolutely shocking football manager.

Glad I cancelled my season ticket. That is the level that they want to stoop to. He's a crap manager. Bargain basement tripe.

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Came here to post this, the Geordies are not impressed. 

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/opinion/newcastle-fans-reaction-to-talk-of-steve-bruce-is-not-pretty/

The comments at the bottom of that link are scary. To name a couple :S 

I’m less concerned about his Sunderland history than I am about the fact that he’s an absolutely shocking football manager.

Glad I cancelled my season ticket. That is the level that they want to stoop to. He's a crap manager. Bargain basement tripe.

This was my favourite, “yes that’s a MINUS!” 

Replying to @SkySports_Keith

So that idiot #MikeAshley has gotten rid of Benitez & looking to bring in #SteveBruce to #Nufc, a guy whose #EPL record is a 28% Win rate, Average Points-per-game of 1.1, and an Average Goal Diff of -0.29 yes that's a MINUS!
#AshleyOut!!!

• Haha 3

I think its just paper talk, i really can't see them going for Bruce, even they are not THAT stupid. Are they? 

Edit;- Personally cant stand the guy, he was a tosser as a player and has done nothing as a manager. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox

New Swiss Ramble thread today explains how the new TV deal will impact PL club revenues compared to the previous one.  If you can’t be arsed to read it, here are the critical points:

- Distribution has been fairly equal: £82m per club, topped up with prize money for table position, plus £1.9M per domestic TV appearance.  (So Huddersfield bottom at £97M, Liverpool and Man City tops at £140M.)

- Domestic TV money is falling.  Overseas is rocketing (up 700% in a decade).

- Overseas TV rights have always been distributed as equal shares.  But in the 2019-22 deal, while clubs will continue to share a base (last season’s) level of overseas revenue equally, any increase will be distributed based on league position.

- Immediately the “spread” in TV distributions will widen from £97M-£140M to. £94M-£171M.  In the not distant future (say, 2025), when overseas TV is much more than domestic, I’d expect that spread to reach 3x from 1st to 20th. 

Bottom line, PL “prize money” is about to become a lot less equal.  TV money will become like CL revenue keeping “big clubs” at the top.  Unlike CL qualification, it will not be all-or-nothing -- but you’d better be top half, and the higher the better.  One example of the impact: the idea of starting anything other than a reserve squad in the League Cup (and sadly, probably most FA Cup rounds) is history.

Check it out    https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1148128444980584449  if you want to understand the near future of the PL and our place in it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

New Swiss Ramble thread today explains how the new TV deal will impact PL club revenues compared to the previous one.  If you can’t be arsed to read it, here are the critical points:

- Distribution has been fairly equal: £82m per club, topped up with prize money for table position, plus £1.9M per domestic TV appearance.  (So Huddersfield bottom at £97M, Liverpool and Man City tops at £140M.)

- Domestic TV money is falling.  Overseas is rocketing (up 700% in a decade).

- Overseas TV rights have always been distributed as equal shares.  But in the 2019-22 deal, while clubs will continue to share a base (last season’s) level of overseas revenue equally, any increase will be distributed based on league position.

- Immediately the “spread” in TV distributions will widen from £97M-£140M to. £94M-£171M.  In the not distant future (say, 2025), when overseas TV is much more than domestic, I’d expect that spread to reach 3x from 1st to 20th. 

Bottom line, PL “prize money” is about to become a lot less equal.  TV money will become like CL revenue keeping “big clubs” at the top.  Unlike CL qualification, it will not be all-or-nothing -- but you’d better be top half, and the higher the better.  One example of the impact: the idea of starting anything other than a reserve squad in the League Cup (and sadly, probably most FA Cup rounds) is history.

Check it out    https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1148128444980584449  if you want to understand the near future of the PL and our place in it.

Well the majority voted for this including LCFC, like turkeys voting for Christmas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corky said:

How on earth can you go from Rafa Benitez to Steve Bruce?

They're very likely preparing to get ready for life in the Championship in a seasons' time, at this rate.

Guest Markyblue
4 hours ago, Corky said:

How on earth can you go from Rafa Benitez to Steve Bruce?

I genuinely feel sorry for the Newcastle fans ,deserve better for their loyal support. 

15 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

So Burnley have found a few pound notes 

Burnley seem to spend £10m to £15m on a championship striker every transfer window and then never use them. Wood is the only one that's stuck around.

16 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I think its just paper talk, i really can't see them going for Bruce, even they are not THAT stupid. Are they? 

Edit;- Personally cant stand the guy, he was a tosser as a player and has done nothing as a manager. 

Not quite.  He's won more promotions to the PL than any other manager (4).

Mind you, Neil Warnock has 8 promotions across all divisions and I wouldn't want him either.

Bruce is a dinosaur. His "strategy" for promotion nowadays is to buy players from the same division who've done well for other clubs, at great cost and wages, then chuck in a few loans from Prem clubs. 

Edited by The Bear