Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Lee Congerton appointed Head of Recruitment

Guest SO1
1 minute ago, kingston_fox said:

About time we had some controversy -This place had become too civilised after the pro/anti Puel arguments.

Let the battle commence! lol

Rock m Sock m Robots till I knock your block off :celebrate:

Such an odd reaction, especially the whole 'beginning of the end' lol 

Have you been around under our current owners? You get a very short window to prove yourself and if you fail you're sacked, it wont matter that he is Brendans mate, if his work doesn't bring results he'll be fired just like everyone else.

• Like 1

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Its the john rudkin thing i worry about... he is not bad or mad   yet weve out grown him

I'd rather see how Rodgers works out before I start throwing Knives.  Admittedly, since being here for such a short time, I have a higher tolerance level than you.:)

I'm waiting to see how youth development is handled before I make criticisms of Rudkin. I think both of us are after the same thing. A modern football club that competes at the highest level.

Edited by SO1
spelling

13 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I'd rather see how Rodgers works out before I start throwing Knives.  Admittedly, since being here for such a sort time, I have a higher tolerance level than you.:)

I'm waiting to see how youth development is handled before I make criticisms of Rudkin. I think both of us are after the same thing. A modern football club that competes at the highest level.

For the record. .. i think rogers impact has been great... and he is authoritative.  I am not worried about him.  I just want to see the club making the right choices to help us to become a top 6 club 

Edited by foxinsocks

Guest SO1
Just now, foxinsocks said:

For the record. .. i think rogers imoact jas been great... and he is authoritative.  I am not worried about him.  I just want to see the club making the right choices to help us to become a top 6 club 

Agree. This is going to be a very interesting summer and I think you and I will learn much about where this football club is headed. I'm extremely confident.

8 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Amazed we didn’t go back in for Steve Walsh. 

Spent Force.    His players' database has probably expired, plus at Everton, things went off the rails.   We need to try something new.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

He does seem to have had a track record of identifying some decent players, let’s be fair. His job isn’t actually signing the players - that’s down to the DoF. You can’t necessarily blame him if the people above fail to get the better deals across the line - and you try and convince players to move to Sunderland or join Celtic in a pub league. 

I keep reading this as if it exonerates him from the muck that was signed under his tenures. Those ones were still found by him, just because there were supposedly other players his clubs couldn't get is fairly irrelevant, smacks of burying the head in the sand.

• Like 3

Is there a list anywhere of the players signed whilst he's been in this role at each of his previous clubs? 

Can't recall anyone having such a poor reputation in the game, in any position. Even Ghezzal was better regarded than this guy! 

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep reading this as if it exonerates him from the muck that was signed under his tenures. Those ones were still found by him, just because there were supposedly other players his clubs couldn't get is fairly irrelevant, smacks of burying the head in the sand.

I’m just trying to temper the negativity around his appointment by putting his last two jobs in the context of the clubs he was at.

People should also remember our recent history with certain signings... Claudio was a disaster at Greece; Vardy was from non-league and flopped in his first season; Steve Walsh was a genius for us but a disaster in a bigger role at Everton. 

I’ll wait to see what he does in the summer personally. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

What you lot on about ?? 

Says on LCFC.COM ...

"The vastly-experienced 45-year-old joins the Foxes following a highly-successful two-year spell with Scottish champions Celtic....'

'Congerton’s impressive background has seen him fulfil key roles for Hamburg, Sunderland and Chelsea – during which time he was credited with identification of a host of exciting talent.'

:whistle:

He must have written that himself ?

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m willing to give him a chance and if it goes tits up we could always hire Claude to do the job lol 

I would absolutely have him as a head of recruitment TBH. He wouldn’t ever do it, IMO - but I really respect his eye for players - Ghezzal not withstanding. 

• Like 1