Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

15 hours ago, Tuna said:

Immediate impact for Michael O'Neill at Stoke, still don't think that's a great appointment for them (reeks of Coleman / Sunderland) but we'll see.

Was at the game yesterday, Stoke were impressive. I'm not surprised with some of the players they have in their squad, they won't struggle for much longer.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 1

Mike Flynn, despite his lack of higher-level managerial experience, could be a decent choice.

Ambitious and knows, based on solely his Newport background, how to get the most out of a current team and exceed expectations.

But think it'll go to either Hughton or even Nathan Jones (the latter may seem the more suitable option, tbh).

-

Regarding Warnock, thought he managed a very emotional and stressful time very professionally (Sala tragedy, can't believe that it's not that far from being a year ago..), and Cardiff will miss him -knowing that it'll probably be quite some time before they a top-flight football club again.

Think it's certainly time for Warnock to hang up his managerial ego, as the Cardiff should be seen as a success story for him/the club (despite the current position he's left them in).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else think that Garry Monk seems like a ****?

Almost every article published about him recently is someone saying he's not a very nice person.

The comments below seemingly back that up.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11870811/garry-monk-rips-into-pep-clotet-ahead-of-sheffield-wednesday-vs-birmingham

Edited by The Murkle Man

5 minutes ago, The Murkle Man said:

Anyone else think that Garry Monk seems like a ****?

Almost every article published about him recently is someone saying he's not a very nice person.

The comments below seemingly back that up.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11870811/garry-monk-rips-into-pep-clotet-ahead-of-sheffield-wednesday-vs-birmingham

How so?

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

How so?

Probably poor wording to say those comments back up the point I was making.

However, I think its unprofessional to call out his ex assistant before the game and then refuse to shake his hand or even speak to him before and after the game.

Seems to me like Monk was sacked and the 1st team coach then stepped into a interim role, hardly something unheard of in football.

Additionally he sayshe has no problem with the other members of his Birmingham backroom staff who have also stayed at the club.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has the right to fall out with people, it's just his handling of this situation seems childish to me.

When you take this into consideration with the rumours of a bustup with the owners and him wanting to use his mate as an agent, he comes across like a bit of a ****.

30 minutes ago, The Murkle Man said:

Probably poor wording to say those comments back up the point I was making.

However, I think its unprofessional to call out his ex assistant before the game and then refuse to shake his hand or even speak to him before and after the game.

Seems to me like Monk was sacked and the 1st team coach then stepped into a interim role, hardly something unheard of in football.

Additionally he sayshe has no problem with the other members of his Birmingham backroom staff who have also stayed at the club.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has the right to fall out with people, it's just his handling of this situation seems childish to me.

When you take this into consideration with the rumours of a bustup with the owners and him wanting to use his mate as an agent, he comes across like a bit of a ****.

I have no idea of the situation, but after that interview I got the impression that the other bloke has most likely gone behind his back and probably said he could do a better job or something along those lines.