Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Tuna said:

Immediate impact for Michael O'Neill at Stoke, still don't think that's a great appointment for them (reeks of Coleman / Sunderland) but we'll see.

Was at the game yesterday, Stoke were impressive. I'm not surprised with some of the players they have in their squad, they won't struggle for much longer.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Flynn, despite his lack of higher-level managerial experience, could be a decent choice.

Ambitious and knows, based on solely his Newport background, how to get the most out of a current team and exceed expectations.

 

But think it'll go to either Hughton or even Nathan Jones (the latter may seem the more suitable option, tbh).

-

Regarding Warnock, thought he managed a very emotional and stressful time very professionally (Sala tragedy, can't believe that it's not that far from being a year ago..), and Cardiff will miss him -knowing that it'll probably be quite some time before they a top-flight football club again.

 

Think it's certainly time for Warnock to hang up his managerial ego, as the Cardiff should be seen as a success story for him/the club (despite the current position he's left them in).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Middlesbrough a ridiculous suggestion? Or Blackburn?

 

Barnsley makes a lot of sense but I'm sure they've got this transfer and manager structure in place that simply wouldn't churn out Neil Warnock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forest comfortably beat QPR.

The fourth was quite a howler from the latter's goalkeeper, should caught and held the ball easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else think that Garry Monk seems like a ****?

 

Almost every article published about him recently is someone saying he's not a very nice person.

 

The comments below seemingly back that up.

 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11870811/garry-monk-rips-into-pep-clotet-ahead-of-sheffield-wednesday-vs-birmingham

Edited by The Murkle Man
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Murkle Man said:

Anyone else think that Garry Monk seems like a ****?

 

Almost every article published about him recently is someone saying he's not a very nice person.

 

The comments below seemingly back that up.

 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11870811/garry-monk-rips-into-pep-clotet-ahead-of-sheffield-wednesday-vs-birmingham

How so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Forest comfortably beat QPR.

The fourth was quite a howler from the latter's goalkeeper, should caught and held the ball easily.

Looks like the mighty trees are coming back up!

 

:giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, filbertway said:

How so?

Probably poor wording to say those comments back up the point I was making.

 

However, I think its unprofessional to call out his ex assistant before the game and then refuse to shake his hand or even speak to him before and after the game.

 

Seems to me like Monk was sacked and the 1st team coach then stepped into a interim role, hardly something unheard of in football.

 

Additionally he sayshe has no problem with the other members of his Birmingham backroom staff who have also stayed at the club.

 

Don't get me wrong, everyone has the right to fall out with people, it's just his handling of this situation seems childish to me.

 

When you take this into consideration with the rumours of a bustup with the owners and him wanting to use his mate as an agent, he comes across like a bit of a ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Looks like the mighty trees are coming back up!

 

:giggle:

Always torn if I'd be happy to see them come up. Would be so good to spank them a couple of times a season but I also love that stats of how shit they've been this millennium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Murkle Man said:

Probably poor wording to say those comments back up the point I was making.

 

However, I think its unprofessional to call out his ex assistant before the game and then refuse to shake his hand or even speak to him before and after the game.

 

Seems to me like Monk was sacked and the 1st team coach then stepped into a interim role, hardly something unheard of in football.

 

Additionally he sayshe has no problem with the other members of his Birmingham backroom staff who have also stayed at the club.

 

Don't get me wrong, everyone has the right to fall out with people, it's just his handling of this situation seems childish to me.

 

When you take this into consideration with the rumours of a bustup with the owners and him wanting to use his mate as an agent, he comes across like a bit of a ****.

I have no idea of the situation, but after that interview I got the impression that the other bloke has most likely gone behind his back and probably said he could do a better job or something along those lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...