Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Arjen Robben

One of my favourite players growing up, if we can get Cambiasso then we can get Arjen Robben.

If we somehow get him and he only joins for a year, he'll still be going on the back of my shirt.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kingfox said:

One of my favourite players growing up, if we can get Cambiasso then we can get Arjen Robben.

If we somehow get him and he only joins for a year, he'll still be going on the back of my shirt.

Shirt sales would rival Vardy, no doubt.

Mate went to a Bayern Munich v Bayern Leverkusen game last season, said he was brilliant, and scored a cracker , Also said in the club shop they have one bit dedicated just to Robben shirts as he was that popular.

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

We’ll make that back on shirt sales with his name on, in the first week ?

Doubt it the shop will run out of letters to put on the back of the shirt before then 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Possibly not. I love Albrighton for his work rate but he's rather one dimensional.

Good squad player, yes. Nailed on starter? If we don't have better options than him as a starter then we've failed in the window. 

James miller is one dimensional. Yet he starts games and ahead of shakiri (apologies for spelling). Managers love work rate and tactical know how in players sadly it seems fans don't. 

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Do people watch the same games as me? Albrighton is absolutely mustard and has ended up being a nailed on starter under the last 5 managers. 

Albrighton has just contributed two goals and two assists in 27 league games this season. I get that people like him because he’s a good, honest lad who cares, but mustard? Never in contention for an England cap, never linked with a move to a bigger club, there is a good reason for that. 

Just now, Lovejoy said:

Albrighton has just contributed two goals and two assists in 27 league games this season. I get that people like him because he’s a good, honest lad who cares, but mustard? Never in contention for an England cap, never linked with a move to a bigger club, there is a good reason for that. 

Wash your mouth out with soap and water.

Then get down and gimme ten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I rate this post. 

Albrighton work rate is good but in terms of Goals and Assists what does he actually do? He has to have an awful pass completion rate too. 

Hes scored some very very important goals for us however other players get worse abuse than Albrighton actually does. 

?‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Robben won't sign if Tielemans does. 

Not as in because they don't like each other, but Robben's wages would be ridiculously high and it wouldn't leave much in the bank for Tielemans (unless we sell someone).

1 hour ago, mucfox said:

Complete nonsense. He does not fit the Foxes at all.

He is the biggest diver, constantly injured and above all too old...

A left-footed right winger--a skillful one at that--is exactly what City need. BR seems to prefer inverted wingers.

-Barnes is used primarily on the left,

-Albrighton is (paradoxically) much more effective on the left than he is on the right,

-Gray struggled in a RW role this year, 

-and our only left-footed winger, Ghezzal, really couldn't handle this level this season.

Even at this age, Robben could be awesome in a team that has the other 9 outfield players doing all the running.

However, this link does look like a whole lot of nothing.

• Like 1

Im pretty sure all of this has been picked up from a Sean from Enderby tweet... which the bookies seemed to run off and now people are jumping on it and making stories. 

Either that or Sean is actually a ITK 

46 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I rate this post. 

Albrighton work rate is good but in terms of Goals and Assists what does he actually do? He has to have an awful pass completion rate too. 

Hes scored some very very important goals for us however other players get worse abuse than Albrighton actually does. 

?‍♂️

Albrighton is one of my favourite players.

But he is a defensive minded winger. In a 4-3-3, your wingers need to be attack minded and provide goals/assists... Regularly. Especially if we want to get into Europe. 

Even if we don’t play a 4-3-3, Brendan has said we need more goals from the wings.

Albrighton isn’t going to give you that. He does however have a specific skill set which will be useful in certain games.

For me, we should be signing two wingers to compete with Barnes. Marc’s new role will be on the bench, coming on for his experience when we need to protect a lead/play defensive/counter attack. 

The wings would then go from being our weakest position to one of our strongest.. (Providing we don’t sign two duds of course).

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1