Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Arjen Robben

45 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Oxymoron much?

I thought that but then I thought he must have been joking.  Surely he was joking?

Cambiasso journeyman?  Mancini?

No.  He must have been joking.

31 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I'll drink my own jizz if this happens (PS. I had to use my data to say that, as WiFi sends me to the temporary forum, so please appreciate it). 

Have you tried clearing your cache on your browser?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

After seeing whats happened in the Stringer thread, I probably won't get away with this post without someone saying hello Marc but he's been absolutely superb for us, I can't believe you're saying that.

During thaf Puel stint this season, he always looked 100x more effective than Gray. He's such an outlet for us.

And in the other seasons he doesn't need defending. He's been incredible. His work rate, his unrivalled delivery in the box. He's been absolutely immense. 

I seriously cant believe anyone wouldn't think the same. In fact, as a free signing, id say its surely the best one we have ever made?

His work rates are ****ing  brilliant and hes scored some important goals for us however if you go down to stats and all of that, he isnt much better than others who get slated by our fanbase. 

We are few and far between.. well that was my point anyway... Albrightons loved so it doesnt add up ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Albrighton has just contributed two goals and two assists in 27 league games this season. I get that people like him because he’s a good, honest lad who cares, but mustard? Never in contention for an England cap, never linked with a move to a bigger club, there is a good reason for that. 

A good honest lad that cares? A little bit partronising. His workrate is blistering his tactical awareness is 2nd to none. His movement is exceptional. He can cross a great ball with both feat. Every single manager he's played for has ended up trusting him in big games. 

I agree he's more of A James millner or a park ji sung than an Arjen Robyn type player but you need both types of players to be successful. 

Luckily like most managers worth there salt Brendon appreciates this and Marc will be in and around the first team for many years to come.

Up the city.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ashley said:

His work rates are ****ing  brilliant and hes scored some important goals for us however if you go down to stats and all of that, he isnt much better than others who get slated by our fanbase. 

We are few and far between.. well that was my point anyway... Albrightons loved so it doesnt add up ?‍♂️

I strongly disagree that thats all that's in his game but even for arguements sake we say you're right - You've already answered why Alrbighton doesn't get the stick Gray does.

If Albrighton has a bad game, you know hes played his heart out and he's at least left it all on the pitch. Gray is having bad games and looking like he couldn't really give less of a shit and the effort is seemingly none existent.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Be an absolute waste of time and money. 

Played about as many games as I did for Bayern last year 

Never realised you played for Bayern Cardiff? You must of been good to play more than 12 games that Arjen did.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The problem with Albrighton is that if he is first choice then you need to make sure your other winger brings goals and assists as that's not Marc's bag at all. He has many qualities and is a huge influence in this squad but Rodgers teams are all about goals from his wingers, strikers and attacking midfielders. Hopefully he taps in to some previously unseen ability with him otherwise we most definitely need a lethal left winger which we hope Barnes will turn out to be.

I'm not sure about this. We have a young and hungry team and most importantly no egos. He could well disrupt that and if he comes here it would be mentally a big drop having just left Bayern. 

I question his mentality more than his ability. If he comes here, for one final paycheck it will only do more harm than good. I just can't understand why else he would come to us.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The problem with Albrighton is that if he is first choice then you need to make sure your other winger brings goals and assists as that's not Marc's bag at all. He has many qualities and is a huge influence in this squad but Rodgers teams are all about goals from his wingers, strikers and attacking midfielders. Hopefully he taps in to some previously unseen ability with him otherwise we most definitely need a lethal left winger which we hope Barnes will turn out to be.

BR has mentioned a few times that he wants goals and assists from wingers.

I imagine he thinks he can develop Barnes but I reckon he wouldn't have a problem replacing the rest if finances are there. 

I think we'll see 2 come in this summer to go with Barnes, Gray and Albrighton. Gray may even be moved on.

I'm not considering Ghezzal. Probably end up out on loan to a French side.  

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I'll drink my own jizz if this happens (PS. I had to use my data to say that, as WiFi sends me to the temporary forum, so please appreciate it). 

So you're hoping the day cums soon

• Haha 1

I see why people would want him. Id take a 32 year old robben but not now. Rather give youth a chance or sign a longer term option. Short term fix wont do anything as he will want top money which we cannot afford.

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Be an absolute waste of time and money. 

Played about as many games as I did for Bayern last year 

Can you have a word with that Robert Lewandowski guy and see if he fancies coming with Robben.