Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

just watching MOTD cos i missed the game today. even off the bench he had an xG of about 1.4 and didn’t score. so upsetting. 

He’s trying too hard. But look at it another way, he keeps getting into the right positions and we are still cleaning up without his goals. Iheanacho looked poor for two years but now looks electric. For me if he keeps getting into the right positions those goals will come. 

• Like 3

On 07/12/2019 at 23:06, SO1 said:

Can't believe Rodgers doesn't see this happening. Wonder if he's letting Barnes deal with this situation on his own in order to learn to stand up for himself.

Remember Rodgers talking about Barnes confidence. May have been alluding to more than just attacking aggression.

Politics of the workplace at LCFC. Happy Times.

Bren’s been concentrating on Ian from what someone posted on here via a groundsman. Makes sense: Ian is key to Bren’s beloved 442 diamond. (You can also see why we were so keen on signing Praet in the summer) If Bren can turn Gray and Ian into match winners surely we’ll see the return of Barnes scoring habit.

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Bren’s been concentrating on Ian from what someone posted on here via a groundsman. Makes sense: Ian is key to Bren’s beloved 442 diamond. (You can also see why we were so keen on signing Praet in the summer) If Bren can turn Gray and Ian into match winners surely we’ll see the return of Barnes scoring habit.

Because that brings Barnes back into the middle of the pitch. Just like the West Brom videos where he creates absolute mayhem/goals.

Your a Genius ! :scarf: I was just reading Striders tactical thread on the Diamond and its all coming together in my head like a perfect crystalline structure!

32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He’s trying too hard. But look at it another way, he keeps getting into the right positions and we are still cleaning up without his goals. Iheanacho looked poor for two years but now looks electric. For me if he keeps getting into the right positions those goals will come. 

Yeah he is panicking.

It was great for Rodgers to bring him on with the 3 goal cushion, so less pressure on him, but he still skied it at short range sadly.  He is great at boosting our xG though that's for sure. ;)

Rodgers changed things round today, we scored earlier had a cushion, was very clinical which is what we need to be.  it was good.   Rodgers demands the best I dont think he would have been happy how in recent games before villa we had so many chances and had to scrape through the games.

• Like 1

This is very soap opera-y and purely speculative but I've always read the Barnes/Chilwell lack of chemistry stemming from some off the pitch drama (maybe related to a girl?). Gotta remember these guys grew up together and have played with one another for near a decade - that's plenty of time for history. 

2 hours ago, knitro said:

This is very soap opera-y and purely speculative but I've always read the Barnes/Chilwell lack of chemistry stemming from some off the pitch drama (maybe related to a girl?). Gotta remember these guys grew up together and have played with one another for near a decade - that's plenty of time for history. 

Holy feck 

38 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I think that’s enough FoxesTalk for one day.

(At only 8.25am)

I'm not saying I know anything inside (I don't in the slightest) - what I am saying as that as someone who watches the team religiously there's something amiss there and it seems to be greater than just out-of-sync teammates. The cause is purely guessing at what causes rifts at that age. Could be anything, could be absolutely nothing. There's no need to run with it but clearly a lot of other people have seen the same sort of thing. 

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's no secret they don't particularly like each other.

That’s a real shame. Any idea as to why?

In the end it might not even matter. Mahrez and Vardy were indifferent at best to one another off the pitch but had an almost telepathic relationship on it. 

Other than there being no real chemistry on the pitch, although this has been much better in the past couple of months, where has this "they don't like each other come from". Pretty sure I've seen them out on some of the Instagram stories. They're different personalities certainly but I've seen nothing to suggest they hate each other.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

You're right.  Rodgers publicly challenged his wingers to add goals to their game and he has missed an awful lot of chances.  it is becoming something of an albatross.  

I think we should forget about it.  I am certain goals will come and he is worth his spot in the team anyway and he will only get better.

The situation reminds me a bit of Shinji.  He didn't score goals but the team was (somehow) better with him in it and people accepted that he didn't score.  Barnes has shown he can score at other clubs but I do think he is feeling the pressure now.  We need to be careful not to add to it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SO1 said:

Because that brings Barnes back into the middle of the pitch. Just like the West Brom videos where he creates absolute mayhem/goals.

Your a Genius ! :scarf: I was just reading Striders tactical thread on the Diamond and its all coming together in my head like a perfect crystalline structure!

Haha I think you came to that conclusion on your own. I did much prefer him in the middle playing for West Brom. Even on the left he did better drifting across. But if he does come back into the middle of the pitch we’ll be rotating Maddison/Tielemans?

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Other than there being no real chemistry on the pitch, although this has been much better in the past couple of months, where has this "they don't like each other come from". Pretty sure I've seen them out on some of the Instagram stories. They're different personalities certainly but I've seen nothing to suggest they hate each other.

yeah always wondered where people got this idea from, just because sometimes last year they made the wrong runs when they were attacking together, people decided they hate each other ahah. 

there is literally a picture on harvey barnes' instagram from (presumably) last night of him celebrating his birthday with ben chilwell. you can see the hatred in both their eyes tbf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Exactly, if he was not giving the team anything else he wouldn't be playing. Finishing aside, he has been superb, always a threat and still has a lot to learn. He is developing.

Maybe he will start scoring goals when the likes of Vardy etc. have a dry spell and thus continuing to gather points for the team. I have faith in him as I am seeing good things from him. It's OK if like yesterday he is dropped to the bench for a couple of games, rotation is key especially during this period.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It all started when Barnes ate Demarai's last rolo, which he was saving for Chilwell.

Ben flew into a rage and called Barnes a "Throstles reject", upsetting Barnes to the effect that when Chilwell's pet hamster, Nigel, was found choked by a mini MK Dons scarf, suspicion was immediately cast on young Harvey.

So you can see why things have grown frosty, particularly as recently, and no doubt in yet another act of revenge, Chilwell was seen taking a dump in a kit bag with the number 15 on it, though he swears blind it said 3.

Things are a mess frankly, and we're doomed.

download.jpeg.32954f7aaf0f2fe26a74c5c0acd96144.jpeg

9 hours ago, knitro said:

Pearson’s daughter.

Edited by NeilLCFC
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Completely agree. The only thing letting him down is his finishing and we know he can do it as he demonstrated it in the Championship. Its a different level for sure, but right now he's snatching at chances and tying to smash it. I'll bet my last pound that he's working incredibly hard in trying to find that calmness and finesse and when he does he's going to get a hatfull

14 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Exactly, if he was not giving the team anything else he wouldn't be playing. Finishing aside, he has been superb, always a threat and still has a lot to learn. He is developing.

Maybe he will start scoring goals when the likes of Vardy etc. have a dry spell and thus continuing to gather points for the team. I have faith in him as I am seeing good things from him. It's OK if like yesterday he is dropped to the bench for a couple of games, rotation is key especially during this period.

Yeah, has been good and still has a lot of room to develop. He has shown that he has a good football brain not just pure technical abilities (like Gray - and even then Gray has improved under Rodgers). And he is an integral part of the team that has won 8 in a row. He is part of the reason for that!