Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

33 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yep, but most fans have an agenda against him and can’t/won’t admit that he’s possibly made a positive change. 

That's a little harsh on the fans, Most fans are willing him to do well but have seen too many false dawns.

We know he has the Tools and the Talent yet continues to struggle, Why  is this ?

He's playing under too much pressure here feeling he has to deliver every time he's taken the pitch.

I'd send him to Celtic for this season where I sure he would flourish.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, peach0000 said:

gray is definitely starting to show improvements for me. At 24 it's an age where a lot of wingers start to show end product rather than just potential which is what he is doing starting to do. Salah and Mane for example suddenly started scoring at 24/25 after showing early promise but looking to be a bit mediocre.

Mane hit double figures for the last 8 seasons since he was 20.

Edited by slymunn

2 hours ago, Mawuli said:

The same people in this thread saying Gray will never be good were probably the ones saying Chilwell will be world class

They're literally the same type of player

Lol u ain't been here for long chilwell was slaughtered on this forum. You would think he was sunday league reading some of the stuff people have wrote about him on match day threads

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Lol u ain't been here for long chilwell was slaughtered on this forum. You would think he was sunday league reading some of the stuff people have wrote about him on match day threads

Ben chillwell frustrated many of us.  The more successful he became the more cautions he became.  Frustrating coz everyone knows he is a talent... but he ended up slowing our play down.  I think it was frustration rather than criticism of his ability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Katy said:

For me I get more annoyed with Barnes than with Gray. I don’t slate him publicly (i.e lay into him on SM) though, that’s not going to help him. 

Both are incredibly frustrating at times. Agree with you on Barnes, maybe due to the great attacking positions he gets into and then a poor touch or scuff ruins it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mawuli said:

The same people in this thread saying Gray will never be good were probably the ones saying Chilwell will be world class

They're literally the same type of player

The difference for me is that 3 or so seasons ago both were in the category of young, with potential. Given coaching and experience they would develop and improve.

Chilwell has, Gray hasn't.

We see glimpses of it and we hope but then we're back to square one and he does zilch well. And we get frustrated again due to his inconsistency and lack of progress.

Chilwell isn't world class  and not suggesting he wasn't sometimes frustrating last season but he's a better, more consistent player than he was 3 seasons ago.

I've seen nothing to suggest any significant improvement from Gray in that time. If we're keeping him I hope, as every year, this year will be when he fulfills his potential. No reason to wish otherwise, if a player does well, my team do well and that's all I'm interested in.

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

The difference for me is that 3 or so seasons ago both were in the category of young, with potential. Given coaching and experience they would develop and improve.

Chilwell has, Gray hasn't.

We see glimpses of it and we hope but then we're back to square one and he does zilch well. And we get frustrated again due to his inconsistency and lack of progress.

Chilwell isn't world class  and not suggesting he wasn't sometimes frustrating last season but he's a better, more consistent player than he was 3 seasons ago.

I've seen nothing to suggest any significant improvement from Gray in that time. If we're keeping him I hope, as every year, this year will be when he fulfills his potential. No reason to wish otherwise, if a player does well, my team do well and that's all I'm interested in.

Also helps that Chilwell regularly starts and Gray has patches of appearances then disappears, it's very hard to become a consistent performer when you're dropped after one bad match

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mawuli said:

Also helps that Chilwell regularly starts and Gray has patches of appearances then disappears, it's very hard to become a consistent performer when you're dropped after one bad match

He hasn't performed consistently well enough in those patches, that's the problem.

13 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

He hasn't performed consistently well enough in those patches, that's the problem.

He was young,and consistency is the hardest thing for a young player

This season he looked more consistent with his patches of sub appearances but that's all he's going to be if we don't give him mins

5 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think this might be because you expect so little of Gray.

Yes, maybe. There’s been glimpses of something every so often but nothing. I have a soft spot for him so will always be hopeful that the next season is his season. 

22 hours ago, majaco said:

Gray could co e good.  If we built a team around him, he would be fantastic.  It's just that we would build a team around Vardy, Maddison or Barnes first.  

I hope he stays at Leicester

Are you seriously suggesting building a team around a player that has 100+, appearances for us and has not strung together a sequence of good games? 

Baffling call that. 

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Are you seriously suggesting building a team around a player that has 100+, appearances for us and has not strung together a sequence of good games? 

Baffling call that. 

No.  That's not what I posted.