Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We'll be lucky to get a total of 15 million for him! 10 months left on his contract, 24 and he's been average for years!

You could well be right. He must have cost us nearly 15 Million with Fees and Salaries.

I think he may be a classic example of a player leaving his first Club to early. 

Had he stayed at Birmingham he would have played regularly, which would have brought him on quicker. 

ere's no doubting he has ability, He's just not developing quick enough. Either we play him, Loan him out or sell him. But he needs regularly Football somewhere.

59 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I disagree . I don’t want him to prove it at Spurs, it’s just bad business for us. Keeping players like Mendy and letting quality like Gray go would be suicidal.

Id argue other than Vardy, he’s the only player who can actually finish a chance! Vardy is soon to be 34, and with no new striker it would be unbelievably poor to get rid of him now. I’d trust him to finish a chance more than Barnes, Maddison Albrighton and Perez. 

It will be sad if he goes because I was feeling like next season is perfect for him to kick on with JV legs aging, him and Barnes pace will be crucial.

He's been here 4 years, how much longer are we going to keep him on the off chance he might make it?

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He's been here 4 years, how much longer are we going to keep him on the off chance he might make it?

Genuinely think the lockdown was a turning point for him, he's always had an attitude problem but i think that he clearly put a load of work in over the break, much more than any of our other players seemingly did at least. 1 goal 2 assists in 180 minutes since then and he was a slight nick off maguire from finding the bottom corner against man united. It would be silly to sell now that he's actually looking good for us.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Agree with Webbo. When was the last time a player came good after 4 years in the first team squad?

Every time I see him starting he looks a fine athlete and I think maybe today he'll put it together for 90 mins .... but he never does. There needs to be more than the occasional nice cameo from the bench if we aspire to challenge the top 6 regularly

He seems a nice lad and I wish him nothing but the best if another premier league team can get a regular tune from him. 

• Like 3

He's had enough chances, only way he wins me over is if he does stick about and actually do something he's never ever done - look consistently threatening. That has never happened in the four and a half years he's been here. I'm not sure why that's going to change now.

I do think he's probably going to end up staying though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

He's still got something vital in him which the team needs during certain times.

Just hope his decision-making has been focused on and sharpened up during pre-season.

The decision making needs work with a video. Freeze it when the ball comes to him and assess the options and choose the best. Then see what he did. The aim is to show which biases he has. It take time .

Secondly he needs to mix it up 

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

The decision making needs work with a video. Freeze it when the ball comes to him and assess the options and choose the best. Then see what he did. The aim is to show which biases he has. It take time .

Secondly he needs to mix it up 

Imo he needs to be more direct. I remember when we first signed him, his first idea was taking his man on or cutting in for a shot. Yes his decision making was poor but he still pinned fullbacks in. 

I don’t know if the club has trained it out of him to look for the better pass instead but for me he’s just so negative when he gets the ball now compare to how he use to be. 

it’s either a confidence issue or been trained out of him.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

11 months left on his contract, it'd  be the same as selling. 

so he and his agent have a a choice...

1. find another club who will buy him
  2. sign up an extended contract and go out o n loan
  3. or sit it out till next summer.

They have the right to state their preference - I expect he would like 1 or 3

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

so he and his agent have a a choice...

1. find another club who will buy him
  2. sign up an extended contract and go out o n loan
  3. or sit it out till next summer.

They have the right to state their preference - I expect he would like 1 or 3

From his point of view, yes. From the clubs point of view selling has to be the aim. If we can get 5 or 10 million from Spurs (not sure if I believe they're interested) then we should snap their hand off. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Screenshot_20200829-071731.thumb.jpg.21f36b164e9a6f391e3bf949075944bc.jpg

What does he mean by this? Maybe he is Sean from Enderby?

Oh don't bother with his social media. It's either Bible quotes or cryptic messages which he thinks are deep and uses as a sub substitute for a personality. 

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Oh don't bother with his social media. It's either Bible quotes or cryptic messages which he thinks are deep and uses as a sub substitute for a personality. 

He’s a bible basher? Get him out! 

In all seriousness though, he hasn’t progressed at all. We should have sold him to Bournemouth a few years ago for whatever they wanted to pay - which was probably a lot given their record in the market on donkeys.

I might be being harsh here, but is he one of those players who’s too good for Championship, but not good enough for the Prem? His occasional decent-good cameo off the bench isn’t enough. 

• Like 1

Just now, bmouth_fox said:

He’s a bible basher? Get him out! 

In all seriousness though, he hasn’t progressed at all. We should have sold him to Bournemouth a few years ago for whatever they wanted to pay - which was probably a lot given their record in the market on donkeys.

I might be being harsh here, but is he one of those players who’s too good for Championship, but not good enough for the Prem? His occasional decent-good cameo off the bench isn’t enough

Nothing wrong with having religion. Bit weird to post bible quotes on social media to convey some deep or thoughtful presentation of yourself. 

Each to their own. I suppose. 

I still think Gray has all the attributes to be a great winger, but it seems destined not to work for him at City.

I think it’d probably best for him and us to part company - it is a shame though, because I really thought he might kick-on. However, multiple managers/coaches have tried and failed to get him established as a consistent performer.....

I think this shows the lack of individual training and development.  Grey has decision making problems... yet in four years this has not been addressed.  To much training is about group drills.  Surely an hour a day could be spent on individual programmes with personal coaches recording progress (or not)?

To see what deliberate practice can do to technique and mindset then read "Peak: How all of us can achieve extraordinary things" by Anders Ericssen.

I mentioned this issues with gray before and someone said how do you know he isn't doing this training - well, in four years he still has the same problems he had when he arrived.

Edited by foxinsocks

20 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

d I think this shows the lack of individual training and development.  Grey has decision making problems... yet in four years this has not been addressed.  To much traiing is about group drills.  Surely an hour a day could be spent on individual programmes with personal couches recording progress (or not)?

To see what deliberate practice can do to technique and mindset then read "Peak: How all of us can achieve extraordinary things" by Anders Ericssen.

I mentioned this issues with gray before and someone said how do you know he isn't doing this training - well, in four years he still has the same problems he had when he arrived.

He might just not have the footballing mental capacity. You can lead a horse to water...

He deserves the flak that comes his way for being maddeningly inconsistent.

Just like Perez and Barnes, he is talented but invariably follows one excellent performance with a terrible one. And then another. And another.

When has he ever strung two impressive displays together - let alone several?