Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'm sad to see so many comments in the match threads dissing the man.

Do people not realise that a squad requires depths that goes far beyond a binary view of must be excellent or else binned? 

Gray was there like the heart beat of the club scoring a goal when we were mouring Khun Viachi and at times when the shit was hitting the fan, I often look at Gray as that guy (a bit like King) who has never really moaned and just got on with it and has been a model pro all the time he's been here.

He's never questioned his position, never looked like not trying and at times he can turn it on where he becomes unplayable, that's  why other clubs are looking at him and seeing that rough diamond and something to work with. 

It make sad when I read nasty comments that seem vindictive for some reason. 

The man deserves more respect. 

Fair play. I have looked up before and his output is very similar to most wingers in the middle section of the league. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

he was the rough diamond 4 years ago when we picked him up. No hatred towards the player but if you don't make the grade, you don't make the grade. 

...you've hit the nail on the head. His grade is impact sub at the highest level. 

We'd be weaker without him. 

Edited by Collymore

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Do people not realise that a squad requires depths that goes far beyond a binary view of must be excellent or else binned? 

Gray was there like the heart beat of the club scoring a goal when we were mouring Khun Viachi and at times when the shit was hitting the fan, I often look at Gray as that guy (a bit like King) who has never really moaned and just got on with it and has been a model pro all the time he's been here.

He's never questioned his position, never looked like not trying and at times he can turn it on where he becomes unplayable, that's  why other clubs are looking at him and seeing that rough diamond and something to work with. 

He's an average footballer that hasn't improved, or made progress, in 4 years of being at the club. Why does he deserve more respect on a football forum?

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Sorry, did you just compare Gray to Andy King in terms of contribution/importance to this club?!

And to query your other point, he absolutely has publicly questioned his position at the club and sulked when taken off. Not that I'd completely blame him and I'm no Gray hater but let's not paint it out like he's some huge victim when the reality is, he's not good enough for where we want to be anymore and he desperately needs a fresh start.

...ermmm you don't think I've taken that into account? You seriously think it would be ok for a player to be like Conrad Logan and earn a living shifting a bench from ground to ground? 

He's moaned when needed but never more than necessary and always put the club first. 

Potentially he could be like King. I still believe in him. 

He can be decent, but his self-awareness of his limitations have been pretty evident a few times; and this has probably cost him his career at LCFC.

His first case of this limitation was when he nearly got caught by the helicopter chopper a few years back..

Edited by Wymsey

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

...ermmm you don't think I've taken that into account? You seriously think it would be ok for a player to be like Conrad Logan and earn a living shifting a bench from ground to ground? 

He's moaned when needed but never more than necessary and always put the club first. 

Sorry, you're just being ridiculous and frankly disrespectful comparing him to King. He's never done anything near as important on the pitch nor off it. Rate King or not, you've only got to hear the testimonials from everyone when he left to see the impact he had all the time he was here. Never going to get that with Demerai.

His time is up. Move on for his benefit and ours.

He does deserve some respect but he is a miserable guy on his social media so its hard to like him. His numbere output puts him lower mid table, Newcastle/Palace type of player. So here's hoping one of those clubs take him.

I agree that his time is up at this club but some of the aggressive tone towards him is a bit unnecessary. 

Edited by Koke

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

His face and body language say a lot. He obviously a bit short between the ears because he has had enough opportunities. He has ability, I’ve been one of the fans who believed in him but he is a dud.

Has ability but he looks like he doesnt know where to be on the pitch a lot of the time. I think one of the reasons he's so much better off the bench is because he can watch the other players for 60 minutes and work out what they're doing right position wise and also what theyre doing wrong and implements that into his appearance. Then he just seems to forget all his positional awareness and movement when he starts a game. I wonder if you sit him down and make him watch an hour of high level football to mentally warm him up before a start if that would make him play better, he just doesnt seem mentally prepared a lot of the time.

46 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Good comment, feel a bit chastened.

More than good enough to come on at 75 minutes 5 times a season. I sort of hope he wants more than that, and I guess the reason he’s vilified is that we all thought he could be so much more. Whether it’s lack of confidence, over-confidence, lack of brain, lack of application I don’t know, but he’s not kicked on as we hoped and will never be a starter.

As Brendan said, it’s now up to him to decide whether his future is our sub or someone else’s winger...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Good comment, feel a bit chastened.

More than good enough to come on at 75 minutes 5 times a season. I sort of hope he wants more than that, and I guess the reason he’s vilified is that we all thought he could be so much more. Whether it’s lack of confidence, over-confidence, lack of brain, lack of application I don’t know, but he’s not kicked on as we hoped and will never be a starter.

As Brendan said, it’s now up to him to decide whether his future is our sub or someone else’s winger...

It just becomes more frustrating each season. I've willed him to progress and do well but it's just not happened to the level we thought he had the potential to achieve. 

I have always believed in Gray and all for giving him another chance.

After tonight though, it is time to call it a day.

It was not Arsenal first team, but still an unrewarding performance.

Same for Inhachio, the pair are not what Leicester  need at this moment in time.

Edited by nnickn

There’s no need to get personal about it with him. He just isn’t good enough there’s nothing wrong with that it’s part and parcel of football. 

He’ll find his level but it isn’t and never has been with us unfortunately. 

On 20/09/2020 at 15:28, Foxxed said:

Fair point. But if you’re looking for goals from the bench you’d pick Gray ahead of Albrighton. He’s easily our best impact sub. But I’m not sure if he wants to be only that.

I am an Albrighton fan, and will always defend his football Style & skill-set,and his ability still to do a job.

but this last 14-16 months,if I want a goal from the bench..70-90 minutes ,I too would Pick Gray..!!

We always See posted...Hey but even after 4 managers...blah,blah,blah depending on poster's Agenda or issue...

Since put promotion and title, I dont believe we have Seen either Albrighton or Gray used or targetted to their strengths...

High-line..& patsey for Vardy,but more so using in consequitive games ( Not  for the odd game) for Slimani or Nacho...

Fuchs,Simpson,Chilwell,Ricardo,Gray,Albrighton...I stiplify,that more crosses have been useful than not,but we are Top slow to get numbers or any target in the

box....Those 6 players After having Chase down the flank,cant be expected everytime,to Check hold the ball und wait for a chummy to appear...

We have had players doing the hard graft,then Too often too less support in the middle...,Not just Vardy,but 2-4 other Incoming players....

Another reason to add,when the Chemistry has been perfect,we havent converted....

Then WBs,FBs or wingers,suddenly start to pass sideways out of frustration , take a wasted shot,or put in the Cross out of frustration....

Of the Top 6-7 teams,we are the ones getting less players in the danger area....

Mahrez Barnes, are players who dont have to worry about Team shape,those forementioned,always had to..!!

In fact Mahrez, was wrongly crucified because of his lack of Defensive qualities...which I thought was a laugh,für Coaches & managers had Vardy & Jahres

Holding high lines,thats when we were dangerous,then for some reason we asked Mahrez to Drop even deeper...

I reckon Albrighton & Gray despite their willingness,have suffered because of it...Für Opposition can afford & easier to Drive deeper onto our backline,then

Ndidi etc have no forward outlet....I have Seen both Shakespeare & Puel,tell our WBs Not to Drop deep...

Look at the new LCFC instagram post on Maddison and keep and eye on Gray.. his movement is dreadful. Ball watching rather than getting into the best possible position for a madders cross. His awareness off the ball is just not good enough at this level. Inheanacho btw is looking into the box for a run at the right moment, complete polar opposite.

Edited by Simoken

Fed up of having this same discussion about him after every game he starts, he'll never be good enough for us as a regular player. The best he is is a sub to come on in the last 15-20 minutes against a tired defence.

I think it's best for himself and probably the club if he moves on, he hasn't improved as a footballer in 5 years.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Collymore said:

...you've hit the nail on the head. His grade is impact sub at the highest level. 

We'd be weaker without him. 

In the same way we were weaker when Chilwell left. As in weaker for less than two weeks, then stronger and richer.

• Like 2