Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

41 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

d I think this shows the lack of individual training and development.  Grey has decision making problems... yet in four years this has not been addressed.  To much traiing is about group drills.  Surely an hour a day could be spent on individual programmes with personal couches recording progress (or not)?

To see what deliberate practice can do to technique and mindset then read "Peak: How all of us can achieve extraordinary things" by Anders Ericssen.

I mentioned this issues with gray before and someone said how do you know he isn't doing this training - well, in four years he still has the same problems he had when he arrived.

A variety of different managers and coaches with different ideas, and presumably methods over the last 4 years and still little in the way of progress. All of the variables have been changed without results. The only consistent in the equation is Gray. Which leads me to conclude that is where the issue lies, for whatever reason. 

I'm in favour of giving players time to develop where there's potential but after 4 years I think it's best for both parties to move on. Regular starts somewhere else and he might flourish but he's not demonstrated he's good enough to do that for us, not consistently anyway. 

Edited by FoyleFox

We’ll sell if a decent offer comes in, although I think that was our position last summer and one never came.

Think a combination of lack of interest + need for squad players next season means he’ll probably stay again.

Realistically he’s going to leave on a free at the end of his contract. 

But it’s not the end of the world tbh - he hardly cost us much from Brum and for the low price he was probably worth a punt just in case he did come good. 

I’ve never known a player to fool fans as much as Demarai Gray.

”He played well”

”He looked lively”

”He looked positive”

Gray’s performance today was Gray in a nutshell, positive play up until the final piece of play, where unsurprisingly he fvcks up.

He is just another Jeff Schlupp.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I’ve never known a player to fool fans as much as Demarai Gray.

”He played well”

”He looked lively”

”He looked positive”

Gray’s performance today was Gray in a nutshell, positive play up until the final piece of play, where unsurprisingly he fvcks up.

He is just another Jeff Schlupp.

:D

How many chances does he need to improve his ‘end product’?

He’ll have been here 10 years and people will still be bleating on about ‘potential’

26 minutes ago, tetly said:

Played well when he came on today. If we can offer Mendy a new deal he should get one. 

You didn’t see him miss an open goal and literally stand still in the middle of the pitch and just allow a player to take the ball off him then?

32 minutes ago, tetly said:

Played well when he came on today. If we can offer Mendy a new deal he should get one. 

One appearance in 10 he does (today wasn't it) and then he reverts to awful. He doesn't perform consistently enough to warrant another contract

3 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

We’ll sell if a decent offer comes in, although I think that was our position last summer and one never came.

Think a combination of lack of interest + need for squad players next season means he’ll probably stay again.

Realistically he’s going to leave on a free at the end of his contract. 

But it’s not the end of the world tbh - he hardly cost us much from Brum and for the low price he was probably worth a punt just in case he did come good. 

His agent needs to put effort in.  We csbt be finging berths for everyone 

15 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

One appearance in 10 he does (today wasn't it) and then he reverts to awful. He doesn't perform consistently enough to warrant another contract

And are any of our other wingers any better? To many people like to make scapegoats he ain’t that bad.

26 minutes ago, FLAN said:

You didn’t see him miss an open goal and literally stand still in the middle of the pitch and just allow a player to take the ball off him then?

I try looking at the bigger picture the whole team gave the ball away in bad situations hamza and Söyüncü did the same thing. Did Barnes blaze one over from in front the goal? As I have said in previous posts he is no worse than any of our wingers.

1 minute ago, tetly said:

I try looking at the bigger picture the whole team gave the ball away in bad situations hamza and Söyüncü did the same thing. Did Barnes blaze one over from in front the goal? As I have said in previous posts he is no worse than any of our wingers.

But I think the experiment has run its course

30 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Having watched bayern in the CL their wingers give away the ball stupidly all the time, the difference between them and other teams is that the wingers will always try and win the ball back after losing it and gray did that. If you get the ball back it negates any mistakes made imo.

He is fine as a squad player, but he'll never be consistent enough to be a starting player for us. The fact people still think he'll become some sort of superstar overnight boggles my mind, he's shown nothing more than a glimpse or two of decent play every few games in 4 years here. I'd offer him a 2 year extension purely due to the fact that we need a bigger squad for the coming season, but I think he may well want to run his current deal down, before going to get better money and the chance of first team football somewhere else.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal