Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

I've said it elsewhere but Under, Albrighton, Barnes and Perez may be okay for three cups and one league campaign, with one of the cups involving travel. Yet, towards the end of the a long season, in the last 15 minutes of any game, a goal down, I'd be happy to see Gray warming up. He won us points last season in that role and will probably again.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I've said it elsewhere but Under, Albrighton, Barnes and Perez may be okay for three cups and one league campaign, with one of the cups involving travel. Yet, towards the end of the a long season, in the last 15 minutes of any game, a goal down, I'd be happy to see Gray warming up. He won us points last season in that role and will probably again.

So would I but unless we have injuries or suspensions we aren't going to have 3 wingers on the bench so Gray may well not be in the matchday squad at all.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

So would I but unless we have injuries or suspensions we aren't going to have 3 wingers on the bench so Gray may well not be in the matchday squad at all.

Fair point. But if you’re looking for goals from the bench you’d pick Gray ahead of Albrighton. He’s easily our best impact sub. But I’m not sure if he wants to be only that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Fair point. But if you’re looking for goals from the bench you’d pick Gray ahead of Albrighton. He’s easily our best impact sub. But I’m not sure if he wants to be only that.

Agreed, I think the PL should be allowed to name 9 subs but only use 3.

• Like 2

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Perez is not a winger! 

Albrighton, Barnes and Under we still need one more I would say.

Rodgers thinks he is!

If Gray goes I think we'll get someone in like Cantwell who is not a natural winger but could play out there. 

I think we will struggle to get another impact player of grays mould. His direct running when coming on poses a real threat although with little reward. He may have ran his course at the club now however for me at the back end of last season he was one of our better players. It may work out well for him elsewhere as he does have the talent.