Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Caglar Soyuncu emerges as new cult hero at Leicester City

I don't expect us to sell Soyuncu any time soon but how on earth would we value him?

We know that £50m gets you a decent, experienced and reliable PL CB such as Dunk or Tarkowski.  Soyuncu has played less than a dozen PL games but has impressed, he's only 22 and has a much higher ceiling than those two.

£70m? 

It wouldn't be worth it even at that price as we'd end up with a lesser CB and £20m change which doesn't go far these days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, murphy said:

I don't expect us to sell Soyuncu any time soon but how on earth would we value him?

We know that £50m gets you a decent, experienced and reliable PL CB such as Dunk or Tarkowski.  Soyuncu has played less than a dozen PL games but has impressed, he's only 22 and has a much higher ceiling than those two.

£70m? 

It wouldn't be worth it even at that price as we'd end up with a lesser CB and £20m change which doesn't go far these days.

No it doesn't.  It only costs that much if you've just sold your 3rd best CB for £80m.  Neither player will go for anywhere near that if anybody else seriously comes in for them.

Either way it's irrelevant because we're not talking about a 'decent' PL CB, we're talking about a future Ballon d'Or winning CB so we're going to want to smash the previous record.  £150m if they bid in the first 2 weeks of the window with the asking price increasing by £10m every week thereafter.

• Like 1

Time for us to lay it down. We arent going to be a selling club otherwise we will never progress.

£150 mill minimum in january or feck off.

He isnt worth half that that but we cant be asset stripped of two of our key defenders in months.  Might aswell just give up and start next year in championship

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

We need to be the club players want to stay at and come to. Young players know that they will get a chance with Brendan so that makes us a target club for young ambitious players. To keep and attract the more established players we will have to offer European Football & cup runs. Maddison is not going to Man U when he is the top dog here & playing in Europe.

I think we are on the right track to succeed with a lot of the pieces to the puzzle in place. Maddison,Soyuncu & Ndidi etc will see this as well.

Contract expires in 2023. If he keeps up his current form then he should get a raise and an extension at the end of the season.

We should also tack on an eye watering release clause to go with that. We deserve the benefit of our ability to scout and develop talent. Don't forget the sell on fee.:twitch:

I really don't want to sell him. I'd miss his awesome hair and stylish Cruyff turns. He's really is something special.

4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Yes Pep, that's right, more than Maguire... Pep there is no point crying, we simply don't need to sell... If you don't have a massive wodge of petrodollar to spend don't even bother calling again mate, we're not f***ing Tesco's.

And don’t bother with that cringey matey stuff after we play you , that “ you’ll be my player soon  kiss kiss” huggy Shtick 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gurru991 said:

We need to be the club players want to stay at and come to. Young players know that they will get a chance with Brendan so that makes us a target club for young ambitious players. To keep and attract the more established players we will have to offer European Football & cup runs. Maddison is not going to Man U when he is the top dog here & playing in Europe.

I think we are on the right track to succeed with a lot of the pieces to the puzzle in place. Maddison,Soyuncu & Ndidi etc will see this as well.

Love to think our players would see through this, but money and having a 'big club' on your CV seems to turn heads very quickly.

Even with us winning the P/L Kante cleared off as soon as an offer came in from a 'big club', and they didn't even qualify for the P/L that season, and Vardy could well have too if Arsenal had guaranteed him a regular starting slot. 

Maguire has swapped an ambitious, forward thinking club, for a club with inferior players and an out of his depth manager who will be lucky to see the season through. Maguire was top dog here too, but is now just another player in the worst ever Man Utd P/L team. Drinkwater did the same and he's now on loan at Burnley. There are countless examples of players at decent clubs swapping them for big money moves to 'big clubs' then fading into oblivion. 

If players think the grass is greener, or want to leave, just let them go. Because if you don't you end up with what Spuds are going through. A bunch of unsettled players and poor team spirit.

Edited by ThaiFox

3 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Love to think our players would see through this, but money and having a 'big club' on your CV seems to turn heads very quickly.

Even with us winning the P/L Kante cleared off as soon as an offer came in from a 'big club', and they didn't even qualify for the P/L that season, and Vardy could well have too if Arsenal had guaranteed him a regular starting slot. 

Maguire has swapped an ambitious, forward thinking club, for an absolute shittone of money.

If players think the grass is greener, or want to leave, just let them go. Because if you don't you end up with what Spuds are going through. A bunch of unsettled players and poor team spirit.

On 25/09/2019 at 15:15, lfu said:

I still hear a lot of 'Kaglar', so I spent far too long making a video compilation showing how his name should be pronounced. Feel free to share :)

If you still couldn't get it, here is the breakdown of his name.

Çağ-lar Sö-yün-cü  

First name has two and last name has three syllabuses.

First syllabus: "Ça" is pronounced "Cha" as in betcha, getcha, dontcha, to which you also add a soft ğ which is likened to the sound of "gh" in weight, light. So the first syllabus would be pronounced as "Chagh"

Second syllabus:  "lar" is pronounced "lar" in the noun "lark" but you do pronounce a strong "r" as in American pronunciation. In other words, "r" is not silent.

So the first name would be pronounced as Chagh-lar.

Last name: The sound of " would be "ir," as in sir...and "ur" as in surf, turf, turn, Kurt...and "ear" in earth. Thus, the first syllabus "Sö" sounds like "si" in Sir, or "su" in surf,  and no "r" or it's silent.

The sound of "ü" is like "eww," or the sound of "ü" in german words führen, führer, Schüler, über, stück, erfüllen. The turkish letter "c" sounds like "j" in jack, john, james, jacob. So, the last syllabus "cü" would be pronounced like "jew" short for jewish but "w" is silent.

Hence, the pronunciation of "Sö-yün-cü" would be  Si(r)-yewn-je(w). The letters r and w are silent. 

Lastly, try to say it quickly. In other words, you do not need to put much stress on each syllabus of the first name and the last name as if you are taking a quick pause after each syllabus like you'd be doing with your toddler when you try to teach them the words "ma-ma" or "pa-pa." It's not "pa-pa-raz-zi," but more like "paparazzi."

Hope it helps.

I am fluent in Turkish. 

Edited by TimT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TimT said:

If you still couldn't get it, here is the breakdown of his name.

Çağ-lar Sö-yün-cü  

First name has two and last name has three syllabuses.

First syllabus: "Ça" is pronounced "Cha" as in betcha, getcha, dontcha, to which you also add a soft ğ which is likened to the sound of "gh" in weight, light. So the first syllabus would be pronounced as "Chagh"

Second syllabus:  "lar" is pronounced "lar" in the noun "lark" but you do pronounce a strong "r" as in American pronunciation. In other words, "r" is not silent.

So the first name would be pronounced as Chagh-lar.

Last name: The sound of " would be "ir," as in sir...and "ur" as in surf, turf, turn, Kurt...and "ear" in earth. Thus, the first syllabus "Sö" sounds like "si" in Sir, or "su" in surf,  and no "r" or it's silent.

The sound of "ü" is like "eww," or the sound of "ü" in german words führen, führer, Schüler, über, stück, erfüllen. The turkish letter "c" sounds like "j" in jack, john, james, jacob. So, the last syllabus "cü" would be pronounced like "jew" short for jewish but "w" is silent.

Hence, the pronunciation of "Sö-yün-cü" would be  Si(r)-yewn-je(w). The letters r and w are silent. 

Lastly, try to say it quickly. In other words, you do not need to put much stress on each syllabus of the first name and the last name as if you are taking a quick pause after each syllabus like you'd be doing with your toddler when you try to teach them the words "ma-ma" or "pa-pa." It's not "pa-pa-raz-zi," but more like "paparazzi."

Hope it helps.

I am fluent in Turkish. 

I'm trying very hard to read this but to my eyes it just looks like this:

fslskejrk sidhfkjhskd kjhsd  skdhfkjhs khsd kjskdh kjoqr  ushdf kuhiusf jusgdjfuyg kkjgd  gjdhfg hgd hgdf  dhgf hg dug dfhg  hgdf dug dfhg hd hd geo  kjef pdo

• Haha 3