Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

I expect to see Maddison dropped back into the midfield three. 

Kasper 

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Youri Ndidi 

Perez     Maddison   Barnes

Vardy

This is the one for me

• Like 3

Andy Madley reffing on Saturday. 

Michael Oliver on VAR. 

25 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It'll be a real test on Saturday.

I can't shake the feeling that the only reason we played well in the second half against Chelsea was because of Chelsea's crazy high line that allowed us to counter again and again.

We'll get nowhere until we can break teams down and we'll have to do that on Saturday.

Heard at the weekend on MOTD that Sheff Utd have only lost twice at home since December. Granted it was against Championship opposition but it's nonetheless a decent record to have and just shows how difficult it is for teams to go there and get a result. The atmosphere as well against Palace sounded quality which is another thing to contend with. 

Really wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with another draw. 

9 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Anyone watch Sheffield United yet this year? What do you make of them with their weird formation / tactics?

I have family who are Sheffield United. I went to their promotion party against Ipswich and do regularly watch them when they're on TV. 

They're a solid team with a good set up.

3-5-2 5-3-2 what ever way you want to look at it. **** me they even have over lapping centre backs. They like to switch play a lot and try and get the ball in the box as much as possible. 

They can play abit too, they'll come out like a stream train against us. If we get through the first 10/15 minutes against them and settle the play down we will win. 

Edit: Vardy scores on the break.... 

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Won’t happen but I’d go for:

Kasper 

Ricardo

Soyuncu 

Evans 

Fuchs 

Perez

Tielemans

Ndidi

Maddison

Barnes 

Vardy 

I agree, overload the wide areas with our midfield running onto the low crosses/pull backs.

The Blades have had an impressive run at home, only lost 1 league game since Christmas, to Bristol City.

Prior to that it sounds like Harvey enjoyed his last visit their playing for West Brom - gerrimin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46477768

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

I have family who are Sheffield United. I went to their promotion party against Ipswich and do regularly watch them when they're on TV. 

They're a solid team with a good set up.

3-5-2 5-3-2 what ever way you want to look at it. **** me they even have over lapping centre backs. They like to switch play a lot and try and get the ball in the box as much as possible. 

They can play abit too, they'll come out like a stream train against us. If we get through the first 10/15 minutes against them and settle the play down we will win. 

Edit: Vardy scores on the break.... 

That’s a hell of a formation, we’ve got no chance :ph34r:

Blades supporter in peace here. You guys are very polite to each other compared with our forum ! Must have been great to have been everyone's second favourite team that season.  I would suggest that you need to be careful in judging how good we are through the prism of two apparently abject performances by Palace and Bournemouth. Our playing system and teamwork seems to have that effect on opponents who look much better against other teams. Bournemouth went to villa and won. As to Vardy it can go two ways. All credit to the lad for being not being a shy owl but he will get roasted at the  lLane. My hope is that  he will be trying too hard and lack the cold head to take  chances or get himself sent off. I might be disappointed.  2-1 United .😁

Edited by Happy Blade
Missing word
  • Like 1

Really hope Harvey is in the side for this one. Yes, he misses chances but he stretches teams and creates opportunities. I'd like to see him play as a proper inside forward and give their overlapping CBs something to think about.

27 minutes ago, Happy Blade said:

. As to Vardy it can go two ways. All credit to the lad for being not being a shy owl but he will get roasted at the  lLane. My hope is that  he will be trying too hard and lack the cold head to take  chances or get himself sent off. I might be disappointed.  

He has a history of delivering when fans give him stick so he will thrive I think!

• Like 3

Am I right in thinking  Vardys been a bit off form lately? The hostility and baiting towards him will be something else. When has he had to face similar to this recently and scored as you say ? Genuinely  Would like to dig up some u tube clips. Looking forward to a rocking game on Saturday. Enjoy your visit to a special place.

Edited by Happy Blade

20 minutes ago, Happy Blade said:

Am I right in thinking  Vardys been a bit off form lately? The hostility and baiting towards him will be something else. When has he had to face similar to this recently and scored as you say ? Genuinely  Would like to dig up some u tube clips. Looking forward to a rocking game on Saturday. Enjoy your visit to a special place.

Wouldn't say he's off form. He's not been supplyed so well in our last two defensive matches. Not too bothered about the baiting and hostility - am looking forwards to it: that normally fuels him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Happy Blade said:

He had a difficult game against Wolves who were sat really deep and we couldn't break them down. Despite not seeing much of the ball I thought he was very good against Chelsea, his movement was really sharp and the ball to him was always on. The key is to find those runs a bit better than we have been.

I am looking forward to seeing Sheff U - entertaining to watch and it seems they have adapted already to not having as much of the ball as in the Championship which I am a bit surprised about. With respect to Bournemouth and Palace I think this will be a tougher test as Wilder's system could struggle against high-pressing sides (although to be fair it appears that most teams struggle against this). I think it will be a close but entertaining game. I hope Vardy gets a late winner just to see what his celebration looks like!!

55 minutes ago, Happy Blade said:

Am I right in thinking  Vardys been a bit off form lately? The hostility and baiting towards him will be something else. When has he had to face similar to this recently and scored as you say ? Would like to dig up some u tube clips. Looking forward to a rocking game on Saturday. Enjoy your visit to a special place.

He’s getting older and it just seems he’s not chasing everything down like he used to. He’s conserving his energy for when it really matters. 

His sprint times pre season are up there with anything he’s done previously.

Wolves were very organised at the back so he didn’t get much of a chance. At Chelsea there were a couple of times when he should have been set free but the ball wasn’t played or the pass wasn’t good enough. 

1 hour ago, Happy Blade said:

Like I said previously in this thread, I've got Sheffield United supporting family. Plesse by all means call Vardy a piggy bastard Saturday. He gets off on things like that, just dont cry when he runs to the corner flag infront of the Shoream Boys. 

Give it, take it and all that.

P.s. that's not meant to come across as arrogant. 

Youd be better off staying quiet lol

• Haha 3