Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

If we have any ambition it's a game we need to win, but Wilder have set them up well and they really have a sense of us under Pearson so we really have to turn up if we want to win at Bramall Lane. 

If we manage it, 5 points out the first three games and unbeaten is a great start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Wilder have set them up well and they really have a sense of us under Pearson

Wilder is a better coach, absolutely love Nige but his strengths aren't really tactical coaching. They both get the absolute best out of their players though, the comparisons to Cardiff that I've seen are a bit unfair because Sheff United play much better football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Wilder is a better coach, absolutely love Nige but his strengths aren't really tactical coaching. They both get the absolute best out of their players though, the comparisons to Cardiff that I've seen are a bit unfair because Sheff United play much better football.

It wasn't supposed to be a one-to-one comparison, I should've said, I meant more in terms of team spirit, he's a Sheffield United man he's got a squad that plays for him and the club, with a Sheffield United lad as captain, the will to play for each other really shows like us under Nige and the title-winning season. You're in terms of the football they play, that's why I said we have t be very careful to start well and not get sucked into their game, I've got a feeling Bramall Lane will be a nasty place to go this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A Vardy opener inside 10 mins would be lovely.

YOU FIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL UP MY SENSES

Former Wednesday academy product, isn't he?

Nothing beats a bit of stirring up derby feelings. lol

Hope he finds his scoring boots again, and that in Sheffield. Would be so fitting.

He's never played at Bramall Lane with us, was on the bench in the League Cup win two years ago - and only played against Wednesday twice in the Championship.

• Like 1

These are the games we should be winning if we have genuine top six ambitions. they have made a decent start to the season. an early goal from us would be nice. we will no doubt boss possession and hopefully the midfield as well. get at these early on and keep the pressure on.

50 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Former Wednesday academy product, isn't he?

Nothing beats a bit of stirring up derby feelings. lol

Hope he finds his scoring boots again, and that in Sheffield. Would be so fitting.

He's never played at Bramall Lane with us, was on the bench in the League Cup win two years ago - and only played against Wednesday twice in the Championship.

Yeah, scored the winner in the FA Cup against them at home under Puel which he enjoyed greatly

Start like we did against Chelsea, they’ll punish us the same way, they like to overload you / press you. I hope we start aggressively like the second half otherwise it’ll we have been a pretty underwhelming start to the season...

Far too early to say this is a must win but a large proportion of our fan base will start to turn on (enter scapegoat player/Rodgers here) if we go 3 games without a win. They are a decent side and won't make it easy but we have got to be beating these if we want any chance of pushing towards top 6 this season. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Far too early to say this is a must win but a large proportion of our fan base will start to turn on (enter scapegoat player/Rodgers here) if we go 3 games without a win. They are a decent side and won't make it easy but we have got to be beating these if we want any chance of pushing towards top 6 this season. 

I agree, especially with Man United, Spurs and Liverpool in the 5 games after this one. 

Wins v Sheff United and Bournemouth needed.

• Like 2

They didn’t look great against Bournemouth opening day. It was a terrible game but thought Bournemouth looked comfortable for the most part and just ended up paying the price for not finishing them off. 

They work hard though and they have the same sort of togetherness that seems so familiar.... 

Bad Leicester show up it won’t be easy. Will frustrate a lot of people. Good Leicester turn up and we’ll win comfortably. 

3-0 us. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Is it only me that thinks Maddison is over rated, steady player but would drop him and put in praet.

His set pieces are average, his final ball questionable, think the lad needs to feel his place is under threat to step the quality up a level.

In fairness to him, the whole side barring the big lad at the back have been mediocre 

17 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Is it only me that thinks Maddison is over rated, steady player but would drop him and put in praet.

Based on 15 minutes? Have a day off fella 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

His set pieces are average, his final ball questionable, think the lad needs to feel his place is under threat to step the quality up a level.

In fairness to him, the whole side barring the big lad at the back have been mediocre 

28 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

27 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Think nididi needs a rest, albrighton not good enough and wasteful, but Barnes could do well

Monsell....you are starting to worry me....!!! And you attack solid players.....

Your a Great Panel Candidate for " Question time"    :)

35 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Maddison grabbed the Chelsea game by the scruff of the neck and was the best player on the pitch for either side in the second half. Rodgers needs to work out how to play him with Tielemans more than anything else. He will only get better as the season progresses.

• Like 3

They're a tough side that worked incredibly hard. 

We'll have to stand strong against these and put up with a hostile environment. 

Vardy will love this but he'll have to not get envoled in any silly off the ball stuff as he could be targeted 

2 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Very harsh.

Over rated potentially but to drop our best player from the previous game would be very harsh.

• Like 1

Maybe break it up a little in midfield for this one:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Pereira

Evans

Söyüncü

Chilwell (back from injury already?)

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albrighton (right)

Maddison

Barnes (left)

Vardy

Stretch it out wide, hit them on the counter.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3