Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

Watched them earlier against Palace and didn't think they were too bad but as already stated, Palace were poor. 

Sheffield Utd will be a physical team but more than beatable and we should be beating them without too many issues, we certainly have the quality on our day. 

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Watched them earlier against Palace and didn't think they were too bad but as already stated, Palace were poor. 

Sheffield Utd will be a physical team but more than beatable and we should be beating them without too many issues, we certainly have the quality on our day. 

I felt they made Palace look poor, which is more than we've managed in the past 2 seasons. This game will be a slog, make no mistake.

• Like 1

Sheff U remind me of us in earlier days with 3 centre halfs and a largely English/British squad. The difference with us is we had a few top players like Muzzy and Emile and some bruising big defenders where there game is not as physical with centre halfs acting as wingers! Its a real interesting formation and way to play and thats supported by some bang average players hunting down the ball like their lives depended on it. In theory we should have more than enough know how and ability to win here and I reckon that games like today will sharpen us up and the errors of today (timing of key passes) will be less against these.

I think we win 3-1 and Sheff Weds fan scores a couple. Evans with the other.

These are a good side, but they play their best football when O'Connell and Basham can get on the overlap and confuse the opposition with overloads.

Us playing three forwards high up the pitch could completely nullify that - get Barnes and Ayoze high and then it leaves Ricardo and Chilwell to ensure the wing-backs are pinned back.

Chilwell for Fuchs and Barnes for Choudhury would therefore be my only changes - Praet looks quality but I like the idea of him coming on to stretch them in the second half if we need a goal.

Vardy will be fired up for this as per, and so will the rest of the team given they'll be pissed off they haven't won that in the end this afternoon.

A win by a couple of goals, I reckon. 5 points from three games, of which two were against sides that finished above us last season, would be as good a start as we could ask for.

Would like to see Barnes start for Perez, maybe Praet for Choudhury so we can be more threatening higher up the pitch. I think with two defensive players we suffocate Maddison and Tielemans to an extent but with three inter-changing it should work wonders. We need to be aggressive.

Edited by Frost
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm absolutely desperate for us to go back to Maddison, Tielemans and Ndidi in the middle. We came alive when Maddison got a lot more ball in the middle of the park in the second half. The game has to flow through him, we need him on the ball not awkwardly out on the flank. 

If we must start with the shape we did today, Praet should come in for Hamza. He looks like he'll graft defensively, he's fairly athletic and just twenty times better on the ball. 

The more Hama plays as a box to box midfielder instead of just the ball winner, the more exposed he gets as just not really being ready for this level. 

100% this.

Maddison isn't a world beater, but most of what we create comes through him. Hamza struggles with passes, so should be used purely as a CDM ball winner. Praet looked good when he came on, but so did Silva, so I won't judge him too fast.

This game will be tough to score in. Hopefully Vardy is fired up against his biggest rivals and will nab the goals we need. I'm not too worried about conceding, they look shit up top, so I think we should return to last season's 4-1-4-1 to pin them back enough that we can score. Leave Tielemans and Maddison as the loose 8s, Perez and Barnes causing trouble, Vardy as well, I think it would be too much for them with Ndidi sitting to mop up any of their unorthodox counters.

At least 1 in 3 of the away games to newly promoted sides doesn't tend to go well for us.

Sheffield Utd will be well up for this I imagine. They seemed to have a bit of a beef with us over the 2 cup games in 2017-18.

They did extremely well to get promoted from a competitive league last season with fairly limited resources. Gonna be similar to a Burnley type game so we need a good start. Too often we go to these grounds and get sucker punched early on.

Edited by Blue ROI

Now that they've got their first prem game and first home prem game out of their system, it's time they got a proper taste of Premier League football.  

We've negotiated our way through two tricky opening fixtures. Now we need to lay a marker down that states our intention for the season.

I like how Sheff Utd have gone about their business and I'd like to see them stay up, but on Saturday, we should be smashing them off the park.

• Like 2

Against 3 at the back we have to overload them out wide and open them up. If Fuchs gets the nod over Chilwell then he needs Barnes or Albrighton there with him and we'll have some joy. If Chilwell is back in then I'd go with Albrighton as for whatever reason he and Barnes seem out of kilter so far in their careers playing together. A goal inside 25-30 mins to take the lead would be nice and then pick them off.

If we go with 2 DCM's again then I'm going to be unamused, it's highly unnecessary. 

Think that they’ll be looking to shut the doors tightly and hit us on the counter attack - but I’m not really certain how they have been playing. We’re going to have an awful lot of the ball, I’d imagine. Need to get some creativity on the pitch to break them down. 

Edited by UPinCarolina

Dont want Perez to be dropped as I dont want to transfer him out on fpl. I did bring in Maddison though, that 2nd half has got me on the hype train - the guy needs to be central.

Schmickes

Ricardo Evans Soy Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes

Ward, Justin, Benkovic, Hamza, Nacho, Albrighton, Praet

And for once we should give our all from the get go. Fed up of our lazy starts, it seemed like it was a Puel problem but apparently not.

17 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I feel like benching ndidi and choudhury for praet could be an option for this match since we wont really be losing the ball too much against these

I feel like starting Iheanacho instead of Vardy for the sake of being unbelievably arrogant.