Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

I'm convinced we will see the 442 Diamond in this game:

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans  Soyuncu  Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans    Praet

Maddison

Perez  Vardy

Vardy will be slightly ahead of Perez, who drift more to the right but ahead of Maddison. We know we are going to get tons of possession in this game, but it's going to be a real tussle. The blades are street fighters and in many ways remind me of our debut season after returning to the league in that they have a team that all play for one another and who will make things difficult. That doesn't mean they will sit back and park the bus, but more that they will battle for every 50/50 on the pitch and show plenty of heart and determination. Praet looked like he was ready in the last game, and I think we need him to break down a well drilled outfit in this one. Maddison can play in the pocket where he thrives and the full backs can bomb on forwards. I think we win or lose this game based on how well the Tielemans / Praet / Maddison combination works out, and I think they have the quality to do it.

I think we will win, but only by the odd goal, so a one-nil victory to us. I think they will make it very hard to break them down, but Jamie Vardy to bag after the crowd is on his back throughout the game? It's written in the stars isn't it!?

• Like 1

Packing the middle of the park might leave us susceptible to their overlapping centre-backs, if they're allowed to bomb forward, that is. Perhaps it works in our favour if we can keep them pegged back and press well when we're out of possession but I see the possibility of overloads in Sheff Utd's favour in the wide areas if we go sans wingers or both 'wide players' are playing as inverted forwards like Perez and Maddison.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm convinced we will see the 442 Diamond in this game:

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans  Soyuncu  Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans    Praet

Maddison

Perez  Vardy

Vardy will be slightly ahead of Perez, who drift more to the right but ahead of Maddison. We know we are going to get tons of possession in this game, but it's going to be a real tussle. The blades are street fighters and in many ways remind me of our debut season after returning to the league in that they have a team that all play for one another and who will make things difficult. That doesn't mean they will sit back and park the bus, but more that they will battle for every 50/50 on the pitch and show plenty of heart and determination. Praet looked like he was ready in the last game, and I think we need him to break down a well drilled outfit in this one. Maddison can play in the pocket where he thrives and the full backs can bomb on forwards. I think we win or lose this game based on how well the Tielemans / Praet / Maddison combination works out, and I think they have the quality to do it.

I think we will win, but only by the odd goal, so a one-nil victory to us. I think they will make it very hard to break them down, but Jamie Vardy to bag after the crowd is on his back throughout the game? It's written in the stars isn't it!?

I'm just not convinced the best game to properly trial the 4-4-2 is against such an unconventional side. They're great defensively, and using just fullbacks for width plays into their formation as their wingbacks will have an easy job. I think last year's 4-3-3 would have them pinned back a lot more thoroughly, as the support the fullbacks would give the wingers plus the midfield press would mean they'd have no route to play the ball out through except the Route 1, which I'm confident Evans and Soyuncu could deal with. 

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Monsell....you are starting to worry me....!!! And you attack solid players.....

Your a Great Panel Candidate for " Question time"    :)

Not attacking him, or saying his complete shit, stating I think he’s over rated, he’s got a lot to learn, and is very inconsistent, he’s needs to pressure to bring out his potential.

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'm just not convinced the best game to properly trial the 4-4-2 is against such an unconventional side. They're great defensively, and using just fullbacks for width plays into their formation as their wingbacks will have an easy job. I think last year's 4-3-3 would have them pinned back a lot more thoroughly, as the support the fullbacks would give the wingers plus the midfield press would mean they'd have no route to play the ball out through except the Route 1, which I'm confident Evans and Soyuncu could deal with. 

I agree with you, especially given we really could do with a win to build some momentum, but I still think we will see it!

Got to go for it in this one. 

4-1-3-2

Kasper 

Ricardo soyuncu Evans Fuchs

N'didi 

Albrighton  Tielemans Barnes

Vardy.   Perez

Think Perez is wasted out wide. His goal against Atlanta was him picking up the ball down the middle and running at the defence. Think he's more of a striker than a winger.

Madders to come on for Barnes later in the game. Praet for Tielemans later in the game too. 

A win is a must here. Otherwise we start losing pace on the pack. I know it's early doors, but once a gap opens it is almost impossible to close it in this league.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

Got to go for it in this one. 

4-1-3-2

Kasper 

Ricardo soyuncu Evans Fuchs

N'didi 

Albrighton  Tielemans Barnes

Vardy.   Perez

Think Perez is wasted out wide. His goal against Atlanta was him picking up the ball down the middle and running at the defence. Think he's more of a striker than a winger.

Madders to come on for Barnes later in the game. Praet for Tielemans later in the game too. 

A win is a must here. Otherwise we start losing pace on the pack. I know it's early doors, but once a gap opens it is almost impossible to close it in this league.  

Drop Madders after he got MOTM award?  Hmm, yeah. 

• Like 1

Really hope win win this. In my opinion these are one of those teams that feel the world owes them something. The seem to think they're a massive club without really doing anything of note in the last 15 years. 

Vards to bag a winner in front of their Kop :fc:

Just had a look actually, the only thing they've won since 1953 is League 1 a couple of seasons back and League 2 in 1982 :nigel:

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

21 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Kasper 

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Youri Ndidi Praet

Perez Vardy Maddison

My head says we'll start like this. My heart wants us to move Maddison into the midfield three instead of Praet, play Barnes wide, and go all out for goals.