Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (EFL Cup) - Match Thread (28/08/2019)

LCFC Twitter corrected that it's going to be Mendy not Wilf. 

Honestly I would've liked to see a few more fringe guys in the 11 - we have had a good start to the league and let's keep that firing. Running Vardy for 90 every game won't do.

• Like 1

Excellent. About time we saw a Leicester team going for the win in a cup competition with a strong lineup. Tbh all this playing reserves or a b team from most clubs annoys me. If you want to win silverware have a feckin good crack at it and do it properly!

Edited by smr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Don't see the point in having a squad if they don't get to play in the league cup.

Very disappointing and a loss would really mess up the mentality going into the next prem game.

Was looking forward to other guys trying to prove themselves.

We're even playing Fuchs!

I would have loved to see Justin and Benkovic. Is the latter injured? Nacho seems to be on his way out if he isn't even on the bench for this game.

On the other hand, Rodgers saw what happened to Puel...

Bit disappointed.

For fitness, form and morale I'd have included a few more who haven’t been getting in. Not wholesale changes to break up the rhythm, but just a few more. Probably just add: Ward, Justin, Albrighton to Morgan and Barnes and one or two new ones on the bench

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So after all of these years of fans on here moaning about second string sides in these competitions, I bet some will be outraged if Vardy or Tielemans pick up an injury lol

Categorically can confirm I won't. Could've happened in any game.

Fantastic XI Brendan. Breath of fresh air.

• Like 2

We pld man city in the quarters last season and lost on penalties at home. But if I remember right Puel didnt field the best team he could have for that game, and that was the QF!

Dont even want to talk about newport in the fa cup. Joke.

Think Brendan has possibly taken stock of this. And also, he must be thinking, well we're not going to get relegated this season as we have too much talent (not arrogant, just decent) but we most likely wont finish top 4, so somewhere between 5th but more realistically 6th-10th so we may as well get full throttle for both Cup competitions.

The good thing is, by selecting our best team (pretty much) for the first round of the league cup. It's a given that we'll see our best team fielded for the FA Cup as well. I'd love us to win either, but the FA cup would be a dream and especially as my Dad really wants us to win that, having seen us first hand come close a few times.

(and on cue my Dad's just messaged me to say he'd love to see us win the FA cup in his lifetime) :) means a lot to a lot of the older supporters I reckon as we've got to finals but never won it!

Edited by smr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Rather see certain players rested for the Bournemouth game personally. 

Same, Justin and Nacho for sure maybe Mendy with a start they all need game time.

i notice B’Mouth are resting a few be it from the bench but they should beat Forest Green @ home so the likes of King and Fraser and Ake should be well rested.