Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fousseni Diabate to Amiens

Perhaps Puel saw something others didn't. Maybe too young to step up to our team. Didn't make sense at the time that I think we could have recalled Barnes from his loan instead and given him a chance. 

Maybe he still has some promise and potential, just won't be seen wtth us. 

I feel the same way about this as I do Ghezzal. Wish him luck for the rest of his career but won't be shedding tears... 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Perhaps Puel saw something others didn't. Maybe too young to step up to our team. Didn't make sense at the time that I think we could have recalled Barnes from his loan instead and given him a chance. 

Maybe he still has some promise and potential, just won't be seen wtth us. 

I feel the same way about this as I do Ghezzal. Wish him luck for the rest of his career but won't be shedding tears... 

Thought he looked alright when he first joined, some great movement and link up, albeit with a rash final ball. But when he came back after the summer off he looked utterly atrocious pre season. I don't know whether he thought he'd made it or what, but he looked a shadow the player who looked up for it, making good runs and causing problems with his movement. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Still remember on MOTD when Murphy and co were hailing him as the next Mahrez lol

It was so weird

He appeared one game (Peterborough I think) and was brilliant. Then throughout the 2nd half of the season he was decent and had that raw skill about him just lacked the finesse at the end.

Was excited to see how he developed and then he was farmed out on loan and we've not seen of him since 

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Thought he looked alright when he first joined, some great movement and link up, albeit with a rash final ball. But when he came back after the summer off he looked utterly atrocious pre season. I don't know whether he thought he'd made it or what, but he looked a shadow the player who looked up for it, making good runs and causing problems with his movement. 

Hahaha he was the absolute pits weren't he last summer, I thought he'd be that sort of player who would chip in with a few important contributions throughout the season but without being a regular first teamer. I still think he'd have been of more use than Ghezzal last season, we now don't have a single left footed midfielder on our books.

All the best at Amiens - live long and prosper in Ligue 1, Fousseni!

Superb debut for us, then faltered, rather atrocious pre-season last summer.

Glad he's off the books for now - allows us to get a bit back on the money we paid for him should the move be made permanent (which I hope it will), the squad is trimmed further down and he's getting a new chance to kickstart his career someplace else.

(Most of) Puel's (signings) out, it seems.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Still remember on MOTD when Murphy and co were hailing him as the next Mahrez lol

Proof if ever it was needed as to the punditry skills of Murphy.

As for this transfer, I don't think anyone should feel bad about it. Taking a chance on a promising French player has worked for us twice before in Knocky and Mahrez, and he wasn't totally inept having some good moments. I am convinced it was during last year's preseason where he killed his chance here. He knew he had to perform and just kept putting in stinker after stinker. What did he cost 2.5m? I'd far rather take punts like that than 25m signings that end up on loan.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

It was so weird

He appeared one game (Peterborough I think) and was brilliant. Then throughout the 2nd half of the season he was decent and had that raw skill about him just lacked the finesse at the end.

Was excited to see how he developed and then he was farmed out on loan and we've not seen of him since 

Yeah, I thought he looked alright and I have been looking forward to seeing him develop as a player. He certainly looked better than Ghezzal. A shame but if he is out only on loan then he can still come back stronger.

Tough crowd, did some really expect a 21/22yr old coming from French Lge2 go directly into the Premiership whilst settling into a new country & step into Mahrez's boots from minute 0?
Both Koncky & Mahrez struggled when they 1st came over & that was playing in the Championship, Mahrez only scored 7 goals over his 1st 2 seasons.

Its a good loan for both parties, he'll continue to get use to a hostile enviroment, get game time against some of the European cup teams in France & not have the week to week pressure of performing in the Premier lge to build confidence.

Chance's are he won't return unless of course he starts to rip it up over there but good luck to him either way.

Edited by BKLFox

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Proof if ever it was needed as to the punditry skills of Murphy.

As for this transfer, I don't think anyone should feel bad about it. Taking a chance on a promising French player has worked for us twice before in Knocky and Mahrez, and he wasn't totally inept having some good moments. I am convinced it was during last year's preseason where he killed his chance here. He knew he had to perform and just kept putting in stinker after stinker. What did he cost 2.5m? I'd far rather take punts like that than 25m signings that end up on loan.

....tries too hard!!!!

Lacks the composure required to go with his ability. He knows what he wants to do with the ball, but in his head, he has put his vision into motion, before the ball even arrives..  

I still feel there is a player there, who could find himself back into the Premiership....he just needs to calm down and not be in such a rush to impress!!!!!

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....tries too hard!!!!

Lacks the composure required to go with his ability. He knows what he wants to do with the ball, but in his head, he has put his vision into motion, before the ball even arrives..  

I still feel there is a player there, who could find himself back into the Premiership....he just needs to calm down and not be in such a rush to impress!!!!!

I'm surprised a championship club hasn't taken a shot at him to be honest. 

• Like 3