Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

6 hours ago, lcfcnsk said:

https://www.football-espana.net/81661/barcelona-and-leicester-eye-brazil-defender-rodrigo-caio

Barcelona are eyeing a deal for Flamengo central defender and Brazil international Rodrigo Caio, according to Marca.

Central defender Caio joined Flamengo in January after having spent the entirety of his professional career at his hometown club Sao Paulo, making 277 first-team appearances and he has won four caps for the Brazil national team.

The defender has previously torn his anterior cruciate ligament and has suffered several fitness issues over the years, causing him to miss out on the 2018 World Cup.

Indeed, in the summer of 2015 it was reported the defender had signed with Valencia in a €12.5m deal but it was reported he failed two medicals and the deal collapsed.

The 26-year-old is said to have been on the shortlist of watched players for Barcelona for a number of years and Eric Abidal is said to be a fan of his.

Caio will be playing in this year’s Copa Libertadores final and Barcelona are said to face competition from Leicester City for any potential signing next year.

A report in El Mundo Deportivo last week also claimed of Barca’s interest in him alongside Gremio forward Everton.

Read while sitting

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

Bowen just scored an individual beauty against Fulham.. Spend some of the Maguire money on this guy.. What would he cost in January.. 20m?

56 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

If we're looking at a striker from the Championship I'd pick Karlan Grant at Huddersfield, did quite well last year in this league too.

Both players are very good and both can play am, wing or striker. The difference is that Bowen plays on the right & Grant on the left. Both are English and both are only 22 years old. Either one would be a great addition to the team & would add goals to the side. Grant is under contract till summer of 22 & Bowen till summer of 20 though an option exists for another year. Leicester would do well to add either one or maybe both.

5 hours ago, OadbyBlue said:

An upgrade on nacho is needed, scary to think how weak our attack would goals wise be if vardy gets injured 

Now please do not jump on me for this, but here it is... with the system we play now and with all the creativity we have spread across the pitch, could natcho step up should Vardy be ruled out?

Vardy’s style has changed significantly since 2016 season as as our team philosophy.  He’s no longer just a lightening fast terrier Pressing the back line. He’s so much more now, and as a result our style is too. With the possession based game and our quick movement of the ball (but still tend to be grounded balls rather than a direct ball over the top ala 2016) why couldn’t natcho step up. We know the lad can finish, we have seen it as a 19/20 year old. His movement isn’t terrible and I do think with the right support from the staff and fans he could produce. We know we have a one in a billion in Vardy and long me the kings reign continue, but let’s hold out hope that if Natcho is required to step up he will take his chance. He is low on confidence at the minute but rumours floating around the ground is that he’s consistently performing in training. 

I will I’ll admit I have just flogged him on FM20 for less than 17,000,000. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
On 03/11/2019 at 01:17, vanity said:

We need a goal-scoring wing.

I'd offer 60 mill and Demari for Zaha. Would finish top-4.

Wilf is a London boy , but yesterday he must have realised that we are the real deal and have an excellent chance of the champions league . He could easily play with, or when necessary replace Vardy and make our attack really formidable . Just need to convince him that we are here to stay, top six nearly every year. He would cost a fortune but Gray would eat into that a fair bit.

Zaha isn't a bad player, but I don't rate him near as highly as many people on here. 

He's a player who typically looks good without actually making much of a difference imho and his stats this year reflect that.

• Like 3

An established, quality left forward to take the load off Barnes and let Harvey deputise for the rest of the year. 

I'm a big Barnes fan and I really wanted this to be his year but he looks lost at times and has been a passenger in a few games. 

If we could find a player of Tielemans / Ricardo / Soyuncu quality to come and take our attack to the next level, we'd be not far off the finished product. 

On reflection i think its fair to say that adding Zaha to our team would be a truly amazing signing. and that was a good shout @vanity. Gray and 60m for Zaha would be a good deal for everyone. However i doubt he would come here,,, hes possinly holding out for a champions league tea,,,,,,, :wave:

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

An established, quality left forward to take the load off Barnes and let Harvey deputise for the rest of the year. 

I'm a big Barnes fan and I really wanted this to be his year but he looks lost at times and has been a passenger in a few games. 

If we could find a player of Tielemans / Ricardo / Soyuncu quality to come and take our attack to the next level, we'd be not far off the finished product. 

I sort of agree with you about Barnes however i think he has looked better last 3-4 games.... Looked a bit lost at the start of the season but i think he is coming into it a bit more.. 

I'd love it if we could stick with him and see how he grows for the rest of the season... I think he will grow and continue to improve.

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I wonder if Palace would consider £50 mil + Slimani? Slimani would suite Palace with the style they play and Zaha, IMO, would be the final piece of the jigsaw.

Going to monaco for 7m.

So silimani would not happen

Just now, MPH said:

I sort of agree with you about Barnes however i think he has looked better last 3-4 games.... Looked a bit lost at the start of the season but i think he is coming into it a bit more.. 

I'd love it if we could stick with him and see how he grows for the rest of the season... I think he will grow and continue to improve.

I'm absolutely not under any circumstances saying we give up on him. 

But if you were to look at our best eleven right now and ask me to point out the weak link, it'd be our LF and RF quite comfortably. 

And as much as its an unpopular opinion on here, Perez is a little bit better for Rodgers system IMO. He looked timid in his first few games but he's growing in to it quite nicely. He links up very well with some smart close football. Plus he just scored a hattrick. 

Perez, Ricardo and Tielemans is a much better functioning triangle right now than Chilwell, Barnes and Madders is. 

• Like 2

On 03/11/2019 at 00:08, TK95 said:

Opportunity to get rid of some more dead wood but on the whole I wouldn't change too much tbh. Ideally need a winger but can it wait until the summer? Probably

we genuinely havent got a whole heap of dead wood though in the first team.

i cant think of anyone i would purposefully move on, other than James and thats only because he does not have a future here.

there is an argument for Ianacho, but there i am convinced there is a player of real quality in there, somewhere.

Gray is starting to shine in his new club role as impact sub and the backup goalies are happy as back ups.

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Really don't get all this blowing smoke up Zaha's ar*e.

Thought he was completely ineffectual on Sunday and is nowhere near as good as the hype. Ok he was a lot younger but he flopped at Man Utd and went crying home to mummy.

People on here saying he would suit us just don't get our club. I really do not think he would fit in with our culture at all.

Agreed, he's like an expensive demi gray

• Like 1