Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Jamie Vardy: Is Leicester City player the best striker in Europe?

It's between him and Lewandowski this season, no one else in that table comes close.

As a Poland supporter I can tell you this, I'd give away all of the first team except Lewandowski (who is carrying all that dead wood on his own shoulders most of the time) if we could have just one player like Vards.

With Vards, you are not only getting goals, assists, his athletic and football qualities - speed, stamina, positioning, awareness, but you also get what most of the players, even the world class ones, lack. You also get a great, one of a kind, character. A charismatic individual who can lead and lift the team up if the going gets tough, who doesn't shy away from the challenge and is not afraid to face any opposition. A guy who gets the kick from laughing in the faces of a hostile crowd.

That's why I can't understand why did Southgate never ask Vardy to come back. England is left with bottlers for strikers, Kane, Rashford are very good players but aren't as clinical and lack that V-factor... Southgate to me is a bit like a guy who has lost his only remaining testicle and says, 'no no I'm perfectly fine thanks! never knew how to use it anyway!' 

If I was England manager, even having such abundance of talented players in the team, I'd be knocking night and day at Vards door begging him to come back. Especially when he's in his current form... Well, I shouldn't be complaining, after all it's good for Leicester! lol

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

do you think the polish manager will force lewandowski to retire before next summer !

amazing that the two are early thirties and going as strong as ever ……...

If I was in Lewandowski's shoes I'd do the Vardy and retire a year or two ago already. I remember having a laugh at England under Hodgson but it's Poland's turn to be laughed at now! Even if Lewandowski scores another 10 goals in Champions League and 20 in Bundesliga it will amount to nothing because Poland have the worst manager in my memory (I've been watching them since early 90s). In short I expect another humiliation at the Euros and will be genuinely surprised if we get more than 1 point. The mere sight of the Polish manager makes me want to break things and throw them at tele. Hodgson is the Einstein of football compared to this fraud Brzęczek.

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 2

Jeezuz, some of the comments on that BBC article :blink:

Fans from other clubs fvckin hate him lol

I've basically spent the last hour on there down voting all the negative Vardy comments and taking people to task. Can't believe I got suckered into defending him on the BBC sport page FFS. Must steer clear of that shite in the future!!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We lost tonight and were poor, but Vardy was brilliant throughout. Yet another incredible finish, and almost setup Barnes for number 2.

What a brilliant player he is for us.

Motm for us by a mile, almost set up Barnes twice to be fair, also thought he was going to slam that other one in the roof of the net. 

Our best ever signing, had a rough start for us as well.

Did we ever think for a second this guy would fire us into the Premiership, be instrumental in us winning the premier league, become an England player and become one of the finest Premier league strikers over the last few seasons?

An utter one off, love the guy to bits. Even annoys opposition fans which is always a bonus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I take my hat off to him.

He has developed sooooo much for us over the last few years, the goal was stunning, amazing pass, he looked like he had pushed it too far but we were talking inches that he got their before Ederson, left foot as well (that has developed so much its absolute quality), and the head as well, last week should have been his goal.  And creativity is fantastic too, the pass that Barnes should have converted was brilliant.

Penalty taking, I was at Goodison, fantastic.

So hope that he gets to 30 Premier League goals this season its 17 in 18, that's giving it some.  3 needed to join the 100 club.

Never know if he keeps banging them in his fellow pros and perhaps some journos might vote him for something again in the New year.

Fingers crossed everyone he has 2 1/2 seasons left, that would be great, including another season in the CL for him next year!!

• Like 1