Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Villa at Home (Carabao Cup)

7 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Because Chilwell is seen as a weakness , if we don't do a back three then two of Wilf, Hamza or  Mendy must play.

I wouldn't necessarily say Chilwell is a weakness,  more likely what he's had or hasn't had in front of him. Also, without playing a back 3, up until Man City,  our second place in the Premiership would tend to suggest that there wasn't too much wrong with formations or choice of personnel. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Because Chilwell is seen as a weakness , if we don't do a back three then two of Wilf, Hamza or  Mendy must play.

Why must they? We are going out to win the game. Not sit tight. 

4 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Gotta look to finish the game here. Even though we beat them in the league, going to Villa Park with 1 goal in it is a precarious scoreline in the cup.

think we’d be fine with any type of lead at their place. they’d have to attack us and then it’d become like the league game after we took the lead. when we should’ve probably scored double figures. 

it’s going there behind that sounds like a nightmare tbh. 

9 hours ago, Bert said:

Why must they? We are going out to win the game. Not sit tight. 

Haha it's as if we haven't won 95% of our games against teams outside the top 6 this season. Chilwell has ket us down time and time again 🙃 madness!

17 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If the Champions League is anything to go by 1st leg leads are now literally impossible to defend so we'd be better off playing for the 0-0.

Agreed. 1st leg leads can be very dodgy, that's why it always best to play away first, have the added advantage of the home crowd to see you through 2nd leg. 

1-0, 2-1 even 2-0 leads can be very, very dodgy psychologically. Even 3-0 if you concede early enough is not enough. I'd probably be more comfortable with a 0-0 as strange as it sounds 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

Agreed. 1st leg leads can be very dodgy, that's why it always best to play away first, have the added advantage of the home crowd to see you through 2nd leg. 

1-0, 2-1 even 2-0 leads can be very, very dodgy psychologically. Even 3-0 if you concede early enough is not enough. I'd probably be more comfortable with a 0-0 as strange as it sounds 

We should not in any circumstances win 2-0, it's the most dangerous scoreline.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Doubt he will be fit enough to play in the first leg, but possibly in the second leg. Assuming he doesn't get twatted in a Brum nightclub first of course. 

Already played for Burnley against Sunderland, will be cup tied.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Hi All.

I've not really been paying attention.

If I was to come up to Leicester tomorrow and turn up at the ground, would I have any chance of getting a ticket?

Is this a serious post or a wind up? lol There are only family stand tickets (need an under 18) or corporate tickets left. There are a few (including mine) for sale at £20 in the tickets thread.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Hi All.

I've not really been paying attention.

If I was to come up to Leicester tomorrow and turn up at the ground, would I have any chance of getting a ticket?

As of a couple of minutes ago 13:44  7/1/20 there were 13 tickets available in section B1 also loads of tickets in the family stand.

So if you buy online now, chances are you'll get one.