Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Burnley match tread.

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

how can our goal be "controversial"... the ref says no foul... VAR says no foul... NO FVCKING CONTROVERSY!

Tbf we would all be fuming if it was against us. But it wasn’t so fuch it 🤪 GET IN!!

A disjointed performance in the first half. We've been inviting them onto us but then lack the midfield set up and pace to counter attack when it breaks down or we disrupt. Pleased that Barnes scored. Great tackle by Praet (though would not have complained if called a foul) and run by Vardy to create. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

how can our goal be "controversial"... the ref says no foul... VAR says no foul... NO FVCKING CONTROVERSY!

To be pedantic, VAR says it isn’t a clear and obvious error not to give the free kick so it doesn’t reverse the decision. People will have differing views. If Taylor had given a free kick, few would have moaned..... if that had gone against us I would have being pissed off but would understand why it wasn’t ruled out and a free kick given .....I’m sure dyche will understand ..........

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Probably was a foul but it's not clear and obvious. I don't want to see VAR overruling those and I'd say the same if it were Burnley scoring. Ref had a good view.

Dyche would defend that tackle all day if a Burnley player had made it.

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In fairness Fuchs hasn't done much of that today for Barnes either.

True. As i said earlier, perhaps BR was just wanting to have a look at the pairing and see how they do. Got to try different things atm

• Like 1

Need to make sure we tighten up when it comes to free kicks and corners. 

That's their game, lump it in the box. Play smart. Oh and Fuchs, look where you're passing. 

This is exactly the kind of game I'd hoped for and one that'll do us the power of good if we win.

Burnley are predictably physical but without a great deal of skill. They are making us work hard and we are trying to impose our preferred game on them and, in patches, it's working.

Fuchs is not naturally suited to Rodgers' style of play methinks; his natural tendency seems to be to try and go long. He seems undecided at times and is giving the ball away too often.

We should be able to see this out and add to the score sheet. One of the advantages of Burnley coming at us is that they are pushing up and leaving spaces. It only takes for Madison to get his radar right and he'll play in one of Vardy, Barnes or Perez. 

Edited by mabrah