Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Burnley match tread.

People will say Maddison goes down too easily.

For me, it's just clever.

Don't blame the players for going down easily when they know they will get free kicks for it.

A more productive and sure way of stopping it than yellows for dives would be rewarding more free kicks when players don't go down.

There was one on Walcott last weekend that, if he went down, he'd have been rewarded. He didn't and wasn't.

• Like 4

Just now, Nod.E said:

People will say Maddison goes down too easily.

For me, it's just clever.

Don't blame the players for going down easily when they know they will get free kicks for it.

A more productive and sure way of stopping it than yellows for dives would be rewarding more free kicks when players don't go down.

There was one on Walcott last weekend that, if he went down, he'd have been rewarded. He didn't and wasn't.

Or just stay on your feet and play football

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Maddison diving about as usual 

He does love to buy himself a soft free kick.

All good through, as it allows him to bolster that “free kicks won” stat that Manchester United fans can gush over.

• Haha 1

Interesting half not the best quality from either side but we look the more technical team and IMO have shown that to be ahead. They are more competitive than I thought though, it''s not like we are bossing the game it's actually quite even. We need to be careful though because their style of play means they can always get a goal out of nothing because it's so direct and physical.

Impressed with Praet who is my MOTM so far. Been busy and making things happen. Only bad point is he had a great chance to put Vardy through!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Just now, Milo said:

Or just stay on your feet and play football

That would happen more if refs were more proactive in their officiating.

Blame the rules, not the way in which they're taken advantage of.

We are not the best version of ourselves are we? Can't deal with a high pressure, sloppy passing and lack of movement.

At least the guys we play are even worse. Want to to se Tielemans 2nd half to get our passing flowing. Also Ndidi is really missed.

But Barney, what a wonderful goal!!! :wub:

Just now, Bayfox said:

He's been nothing more than ok. The last 6 mins of that half he didn't cover himself in glory. 

But we need a win and right now I'll take 1 nil

Made some decent blocks in the box, and getting his head on the ball... something Chilwell has struggled to do if late