Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Burnley post match therapy thread

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Sounds a lot like "Leicester only won the league because everyone else was bad".

Give them the credit they deserve, they also won the CL...

To be fair ...... the better teams did fall off; which did help us.

All we are seeing is a deviation to the mean. We were massively outperforming our xG (at both ends of the pitch) in the first half of the season. It is unrealistic to think that would be sustainable, especially now Vardy has cooled down. We are merely starting to see a truer reflection of what this team is - a very average Premier League team. Hopefully we've banked enough points to help us fall over the line for Champions League qualification.

• Sad 1

If Hamza and Chilwell were dropped its either two reasons if non injury

1. Fight in training which went to far

2. they went out drinking outside of club rules

I would guess the 1st is the case, I have seen fights in training with my own sunday team get out of hand and we banned one of the lads for three weeks.

Yes there are some issues at the minute, we are having a bad run. 

In context we've had a bad run, and are still 6 point ahead of 4th and 11 ahead of 5th.

We  need a new signing to give us a  boost.

Vardy scores different game.

It does irritate me that fans, generally, have lost the ability to lose - something that's kind of an occupational hazard in football. 

I hate losing it. Today has spoiled my day. My week even. But at

The same time,  recognisethat's the way it breaks.

And of course, it breaks for us too:

Burnley equalised at the KP in the last minute and was harshly ruled out by VAR. Everton deserved a point when Iheanacho scored with thelast kick. . Newcastle had FOUR players go off injured against us. Spurs would've deservedly gone 2 up against us but for an armpit hair.

• Like 4

Guest An Sionnach
11 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

When all is said and done I truelly now believe our mental strength and game management has gone down the toilet! In all the games we have lost we have simply underestimated wrongly the opposition. On each ocassion we have not matched them in fight and intensity in order to impose our game. Saying that we have to bloody finish our chances. After Barnes finally hits the barn door I thought we’d go up a gear but we didn’t. Our ruthlessness has gone.

vardy missing his deadly touch and finish just didn’t help us rescue this game. We can keep saying chin up as we’re still 3rd but we can keep saying that until chin up we’re still mid table. This league is unpredictable and we’ve started sliding down a slippery slope. When we’re losing games we’re expected to lose as well as unexpected it’s bad news. Sorry it sounds so gloomy but how are we going to improve? I’m just not seeing it. Players are trying I know but it’s not good enough a team performance. Brendan you have some serious explaining to do mate!

It's always the manager , he has no hiding place , be interesting to hear what he says. If he takes it on the chin and doesn't try to spin it then at least that's a start.

38 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I’m about to undertake a six hour drive down from Scotland.

For once, I am pretty glad I won’t be reading the forum this evening.

Enjoy what’s left of your weekends.

We are still 3rd in the league, by the way.

:scarf:

The threads will still be here when you arrive! Travel safely. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Try another sport, fella.

What you expect me to be happy after that result? We simply showed no mental durability today. We're winning and we give away a cheap goal, miss several good opportunities and then give away another chance and you expect me to not be fuming.? Frankly we just fell apart. We're a great today but we're not strong mentally

21 minutes ago, Collymore said:

By who?

Man Utd will be lucky to get a point, Chelsea lost, Kane is ****ed etc. 

I find that attitude rather careless, given our present state and the fixtures ahead, it seems as if you attest the team a "carte blanche" already, where they can do whatever they want, without having to fear any repercussions. Only six points to Chelsea, eleven to Manchester United (at present).

Still 15 games to play for, that's up to 45 points. We're not near May already.

If we were putting in performances like this at the end of April, with us in second or third still, there'd be no word from me. But now?

At this rate, based on league current form, we'll have to count ourselves lucky to play European football next season. The Cup runs may also come to an end soon...

• Thanks 1