Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Burnley post match therapy thread

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

What you expect me to be happy after that result? We simply showed no mental durability today. We're winning and we give away a cheap goal, miss several good opportunities and then give away another chance and you expect me to not be fuming.? Frankly we just fell apart. We're a great today but we're not strong mentally

You've just called half of our best players wank. 

If you can't handle defeat, I wouldn't recommend football to you. 

Why not try painting or pottery classes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just for the record I shouted people down earlier in the season for suggesting that this Leicester team was better than the one that won the title.

In 2015/16 we had serious guts/bottle/heart/spirit - call it what you will. This one is starting to show that they are seriously lacking in that department. Sure, we may have some better footballers per se, in terms of technical ability, but if we blow Champions League qualification from here, then they can’t complain if they get labelled as ‘bottlers’.

Time for them to show that they aren’t. And sooner rather than later. Preferably on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trouble is yes Vardy missed a penalty but the blame can’t just lay on one player, just thought it was a collective cock up by many today and Blurnley wanted it more than us they hit us hard and got their 3points !!

We just need to do better or is it the old transfer window saga worrying unsettling a few either way Brendan needs to kick a few up the arse and sort this blip out !!

Edited by justfoxes

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It does irritate me that fans, generally, have lost the ability to lose - something that's kind of an occupational hazard in football. 

I hate losing it. Today has spoiled my day. My week even. But at

The same time,  recognisethat's the way it breaks.

And of course, it breaks for us too:

Burnley equalised at the KP in the last minute and was harshly ruled out by VAR. Everton deserved a point when Iheanacho scored with thelast kick. . Newcastle had FOUR players go off injured against us. Spurs would've deservedly gone 2 up against us but for an armpit hair.

You'll find few people who'll complain about their team losing - depending on the way the defeat came about.

For about a month now, our players have apparently lost their appetite for football. One can rue VAR decisions all day long, in the end, you make or break your own luck.

Fact is our style of football and the attitude displayed by many players reek of complacency and arrogance. Manager at present seems to have no clue how to rectify these issues.

That was a very close game decided by a keeper showing exceptional form. 

Yep, the penalty miss was a huge game changer, though for me, the rest was all about individual final poor product. 

Barnes, Maddison, Mendy, Perez, Praet...that's a high proportion of a team not delivering as expected.

I can't see this level of performance lasting. 

Hopefully either way the Villa game goes allows us to get on with things again.

We have been poor in recent games with players out of form and I think a lot of that came from the fixture congestion. We've had the week off and in terms of performance it definitely helped because despite losing we should have taken at least a point. If you think we were awful it seems a bit knee-jerk considering we should have won that game.

The loss of Ndidi certainly doesn't help but if we stop using that as an excuse for a second and consider the following, to me this game shows we're experiencing a shift in the outcomes that change matches:

*Pope motm today

*Chances being created but not taken 

*Best defender makes his first mistake of the season 

*Penalty miss

My point is we haven't become an awful side. We're still creating chances. We still look capable of taking points, but we're not winning these deciding moments like we were in the first half of the season. That's down to a mixture of luck, confidence, momentum and probability (Everything seemed to go right first half of the season, it's to be expected that would drop off at some point).

The momentum shift is also illustrated by how you're probably feeling about upcoming fixtures. After west ham we have chelsea, wolves and man city to face, on current form it's not appealing but as fans what we should be realising is that our team really needs us at this point. They've outperformed what we all expected them too, and we should forgive some bad results that have ultimately come about from fixture pile up, tiredness and swing in luck/momentum impressed upon our young and small squad. We should really help them get over the line. Psychology is going to be so important now and we shouldn't be compounding that upon the team as a negative fan base, especially given our position and the fact we have performed well above expectations so far. 

I think we'll drop down a bit but do believe that come last game of the season, we'll be playing for a Champions League spot if not already secured, and that should be enough for now right? 

We've got a talented group of players and manager but it's not going to be easy from here on in, we're not going to cruise through 15 points clear, it's competitive. I think it's the fans at this point who need to get a sense of realism and give the team a push because there will be more losses to contend with. 

Personally, I think enough rotation and rest has happened now and we should go back to our eleven that put us on a run, most of them seem to be rested or coming back into form. Mendy for Ndidi is our best option. 

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell 

Mendy

Perez

Tielemans

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy 

• Like 1

I think it is fairly clear that Rodgers is struggling to find a solution right now. Lose-from-ahead performances vs. the dregs of the league suggest we may not be deep enough to keep top-4. 

Which will mean this team will be picked apart in the summer window. Which cannot happen. We must figure this out.

I will say this game was much better than last week. The effort was far superior. Barnes especially played a great game the first 70 minutes or so. Very promising to see him take his goal with so much promise.

We were also very unlucky. Unlike last week, we had plenty of opportunities, many high quality scoring chances. Unfortunately, Vardy squandered some terrific opportunities. 

Barnes played a great 70 minutes, then tired. He looks for his own shot and doesn't defer to Vardy, which makes him rare on our squad, and makes us more difficult to defend. If his confidence is back, great news for us. Perez seemed to barely be on the field.

I think we very clearly see the value of Ndidi on the pitch. Burnley was able to get deeper into our half while maintaining possession, ultimately leading to corner kick opportunities that might otherwise have been killed off much further up the pitch by Wilf. We will be much better when he is back.

Another issue with Wilf out: we are more of a finesse team when he doesn't play, and we are much more easily dominated physically. Burnley was physically tougher than us today. 

Mendy didn't play poorly, but after Burnley equalized, we needed to bring on Hamza for a jolt of defensive energy and physicality. I thought Rodgers missed a trick there.

When we are much improved when he returns, Wilf will be a coveted asset by bigger clubs. They are already interested, but they will now see just what a difference-maker he is, and Hamza is nowhere near his impact. We will see a 45-50 mill plus bid for Wilf this summer, watch.

Rodgers is making the same mistake Puel did in overestimating the ability of our midfielders to find creative solutions. For us to score goals, we need both Maddison and Tielemans on the pitch playing well. When we not only started Praet for Tiels but left Chilly on the sidelines, we removed two critical attacking players and replaced them with inferior, less attacking versions. With three starters out, we naturally struggled to produce as many quality scoring opportunities as we might otherwise have.

Maddison was poor today. Again. Vardy was disappointing as well. Again.

Pope was outstanding today I thought. Who takes Burnley's corners, Ashley Westwood? For all the corners we get, if we had Westwood taking them instead of Maddison, we'd have 10 more goals and probably 3 more wins.

We could really do with a better RW. Unfortunately, Rodgers makes suspect recruiting choices, and it has continued w Perez. We need someone who can reliably be a threat with Ricardo on the right. Might want to get back in on Jerrod Bowen or someone else to push Ayoze bc Ayoze is not making the impact we need.

Similarly, a CB who could push Evans would be great, even on loan.

Chin up lads. Ndidi is coming back, and we will stop going 1-0 up only to lose.

Edited by vanity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I find that attitude rather careless, given our present state and the fixtures ahead, it seems as if you attest the team a "carte blanche" already, where they can do whatever they want, without having to fear any repercussions. Only six points to Chelsea, eleven to Manchester United (at present).

Still 15 games to play for, that's up to 45 points. We're not near May already.

If we were putting in performances like this at the end of April, with us in second or third still, there'd be no word from me. But now?

At this rate, based on league current form, we'll have to count ourselves lucky to play European football next season. The Cup runs may also come to an end soon...

I don't expect Brendan and the team to display this attitude. I was just trying to balance the doom and gloom on the forum. 

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You'll find few people who'll complain about their team losing - depending on the way the defeat came about.

For about a month now, our players have apparently lost their appetite for football. One can rue VAR decisions all day long, in the end, you make or break your own luck.

Fact is our style of football and the attitude displayed by many players reek of complacency and arrogance. Manager at present seems to have no clue how to rectify these issues.

Or it could be that subtle slices of luck goes our way sometimes but not now?

Brighton penalty retake?

Chilwell's mishit opener v Saints?

Plus, I don't recall any complaints of complacency when Maddison and Choudhury fired in away at Newcastle. In fact, I remember celebrating our arrogance rather than bemoaning it

It's a golden opportunity missed to extend our lead over Chelsea in 4th and also, very likely, Man Utd in 5th and we blew it. However, that's all it is for now - a missed opportunity - we haven't lost any ground, we haven't gained any ground so it's as you were and we go again against West Ham. I expect to see a response and a much more clinical performance in the next game. I can excuse the Man City and Liverpool results but two defeats in a row to Southampton and Burnley is hugely frustrating when we have the opportunity to go on to achieve Top 4 this season. I don't want us to regret these games, particularly like today where we had the chances to win them, come the end of the season.

• Like 1

These are games we needed to win or at least get a point in one of the games soon we have.

Wolves

Chelsea 

Man city.

That can see us drop down to 8th if we do not sign some game winning players.

We need to spend some money I dont want to hear no players are available that's bollucks.