Sign in to follow this  
TheUltimateWinner

Burnley post match therapy thread

Can't wait to see Wilf back in starting line up 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Under Puel we wouldn't have created a single chance in that game.

We didn’t exactly created bucket loads today... 
I was saying it just felt very Puel-ish... Vardy missing a pen as well, not happened since Puel? Might be wrong 

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

4 wins, and we’ve just lost to Southampton and Burnley, 

4 more wins than Foxes over the 15 games...mathematically possible but statistically unlikely... especially as Wolves and MUFC have have their own issues which are why they are below Foxes. A dip in form was always inevitable after such a strong start, I think you'll have a strong finish as well. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I was making a joke about the losing the Liverpool title! 

Stop being so angry lol 

It doesn’t come across as a joke when there will be 10+ people on this forum saying the same seriously. I apologise if I misinterpreted your first post though of course. 

Burnley keeper played out of his skin so credit to them but still we should have walked away from this with all 3 points. We should be thinking ‘must win’ every time we play now

Just now, lcfceaves said:

I was saying it just felt very Puel-ish... Vardy missing a pen as well, not happened since Puel? Might be wrong 

Ah I see. I think we created 3 very good chances, which is more than I think we would have under Puel.

Our form is not good right now though.

Is'sa football.

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

It feels like the 2000/2001 season under Peter Taylor at the moment. 

Sure about that are you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JR99 said:

Did anyone else think we should have had a blatant second pen for hand ball when maddison hit one from outside the box? Lent into it, moved his arm and blocked it but no VAR check or anything 

Wasn't it kelchi? I was thinking that when the showed the replay he has moved his body and arm towards the ball. 

The type of performance; with this type of response can be seen on the forums of Arsenal, Manchester United. Spurs, Chelsea, Wolves and even Manchester City this season. 

On our day, we’re all capable of beating any!team in the league. We’re just inconsistent and with will put out a dross performance like we’ve just watched. 

I’m starting to doubt if Liverpool are the best EPL team ever; or just that bit better and more consistent than the rest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ranxerox said:

4 more wins than Foxes over the 15 games...mathematically possible but statistically unlikely... especially as Wolves and MUFC have have their own issues which are why they are below Foxes. A dip in form was always inevitable after such a strong start, I think you'll have a strong finish as well. 

Yes, 4 more wins than us, but we’ve just lost to 2 dire teams.

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Because he gave birth? I'm sorry but becoming a father is not a reason for dropping form. Injury yes but the father reason is just so lame

Whatever the reason is, he hasn’t been the same since he got a (deserved imho) rest. 

This forum needs to shut down for a couple of hours after a defeat. Not good for my, of everyones, health. Do people actually try to be the most overreacting person on purpose?

We massively overachieved and now we're in a poor run of form which we're struggling to get out of. We never going to sustain the level we had, but people now expect it. 

Definitely deserve criticism but c'mon, for ****s sake. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

He was lucky with the re-take the other week. 

• Like 1

Just now, tylesta said:

Wasn't it kelchi? I was thinking that when the showed the replay he has moved his body and arm towards the ball. 

Sure it was maddison but I was too incensed to remember 😂 was blatant, reminded me of cags against liverpool, ball didn't go out for ages and no check, the commentator even passed comment a goalkeeper would be proud of that save ffs

Just now, Sly said:

The type of performance; with this type of response can be seen on the forums of Arsenal, Manchester United. Spurs, Chelsea, Wolves and even Manchester City this season. 

On our day, we’re all capable of beating any!team in the league. We’re just inconsistent and with will put out a dross performance like we’ve just watched. 

I’m starting to doubt if Liverpool are the best EPL team ever; or just that bit better and more consistent than the rest.

Sounds a lot like "Leicester only won the league because everyone else was bad".

Give them the credit they deserve, they also won the CL...

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

This forum needs to shut down for a couple of hours after a defeat. Not good for my, of everyones, health. Do people actually try to be the most overreacting person on purpose?

We massively overachieved and now we're in a poor run of form which we're struggling to get out of. We never going to sustain the level we had, but people now expect it. 

Definitely deserve criticism but c'mon, for ****s sake. 

THE KP NEEDS TO BE NUKED. THAT PEFORMANCE WAS A DISGRACE TO FOOTBALL.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

That's unfair I thought he actually played well

Jesus what game were you watching?

Supposed to be the central point of our midfield and he was completley and utterly invisible.

It feels like there’s been a shift in mentality for some reason, possibly down to tiredness, going back to the 3-0 at Newcastle we didn’t go for it in the second half like we did earlier in the season despite them being down to 10 men through injury if I’m not mistaken. no real intensity we were just happy to see out the game for the most part, compare it to the first time we played Newcastle or when we beat Southampton 9-0 and there’s a huge difference.