Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Philippe Coutinho to Leicester whispers

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

I think being in the top 4 has finally earned us the right of having tenously linked players photoshopped into our kit

Love the look of that! But Barca not ready to take that kind of hit on their investment.

And honestly don't think we're in the league of paying the wages and transfer amount they would be asking for. Not to mention the politics of the squad.

I love the guy and to me he is being misused at Barca. Just can't justify spending what they want when we have most of what he offers.

We need more goals and aggressive physical runs in the box to create those goals.

When he came to Liverpool from Inter for 8-9 mil I thought he was a punt until I first saw him play.

His vision is magic. My eternal love for him started @2:11 of his first match vs Wigan :wub:

He is certainly a good player, but imo he's overrated. He was very good at Liverpool, he couldn't make it at Barcelona and was sent to Bayern Munich.

But he has problems there as well. He also earns 25m € in Munich for a year's loan. Coutinho is definitely not worth that much money and Barcelona wants about 120m € transfer fee. For these reasons he will certainly not be a summer transfer for the Foxes.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, goody2028 said:

"I heard it from a mate whose brother knows the player's agent's girlfriend"

God I love quotes like that. An absolute classic line from standing in the queue at a bar isn’t it lol  

I Hope when you stood in that queue.....You kept to the respected social distancing measures.

Be aware Using a "Yard of Ale"  is still Short of the suggested distance!!:jump:

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I Hope when you stood in that queue.....You kept to the respected social distancing measures.

Be aware Using a "Yard of Ale"  is still Short of the suggested distance!!:jump:

It’s a good job the blues bar is closed let’s put it that way lol  

14 hours ago, mucfox said:

He is certainly a good player, but imo he's overrated. He was very good at Liverpool, he couldn't make it at Barcelona and was sent to Bayern Munich.

But he has problems there as well. He also earns 25m € in Munich for a year's loan. Coutinho is definitely not worth that much money and Barcelona wants about 120m € transfer fee. For these reasons he will certainly not be a summer transfer for the Foxes.

Exactly, he's good, but not that good. Stop him cutting inside and you negate a large part of his game. For me he never contributed as much overall compared to a player like hazard. Makes you wonder what the problem was at Barcelona and why he didn't actually tear any trees up at Bayern? Is his heart and soul not in it anymore? Why do we think he'd suddenly turn it on here again. We don't need to be spending that amount of money and I doubt we will.

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Exactly, he's good, but not that good. Stop him cutting inside and you negate a large part of his game. For me he never contributed as much overall compared to a player like hazard. Makes you wonder what the problem was at Barcelona and why he didn't actually tear any trees up at Bayern? Is his heart and soul not in it anymore? Why do we think he'd suddenly turn it on here again. We don't need to be spending that amount of money and I doubt we will.

We don't need to be spending that kind of money I agree.  However, if we want to take that next step up then at some point we will probably have to make a signing that shows real intent.  If for nothing more than to make other potential signings know that we mean business in trying to make the step up.  I'm not saying Coutinho is the answer, but we probably will have to complete a signing like this at some point if we want to be taken seriously by other future signings

Edited by kristianity77

21 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

14 hours ago, mucfox said:

Jeez I fear for your kids as you pair have extrodinary high standards, not that good, overrated, crumbs :S

Some players sometimes just don't fit a club, manager, line up etc he was Liverpools best player But a return to them is probably out of the question again due to the style he'd be a luxury player if you watch how they play a high line with VVD almost playing a quarter back roll, they bypass the midfield with VVD doing racking balls from the halfway line for Mane/Salah to run onto they don't build through generally.

As for "stop him cutting in and you negate a large part of his game" isn't that the same for any player but it's being able to do that, ala Mahrez we know what he will do but cant stop him, Hazard, Bergkamp etc the same

His situation Is a bit Like James Rodriguez another player that's called overrated because it didn't happen at Real despite it being ZZ reluctance in playing him in his #10 position/roll again very much like our James when pushed out to the left he is not the same player.

Rodgers knows how to manage him and would get the best out of him again for sure, although I very much doubt that we are actually in for him let alone pay the fees mooted, but if you don't think he'd improve us wait till he's at Chelsea and ripping us a new 1 next season.

• Like 3

Just now, frany104 said:

😂😂😂 can’t believe some of your are turning your noses up at Coutinho. He’d be the best player in our team by a mile. He’s never coming but come on, he’s class. 

Same. Some of the comments in this thread. Have a day off. 

Different gravy to anything we’ve got, makes Maddison look championship level. 

18 hours ago, brucey said:

I think being in the top 4 has finally earned us the right of having tenously linked players photoshopped into our kit

Unless they clumsily photoshop his head onto Wes' or Wilf's body, it still doesn't count. 

23 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

We don't need to be spending that kind of money I agree.  However, if we want to take that next step up then at some point we will probably have to make a signing that shows real intent.  If for nothing more than to make other potential signings know that we mean business in trying to make the step up.  I'm not saying Coutinho is the answer, but we probably will have to complete a signing like this at some point if we want to be taken seriously by other future signings

I'm afraid I don't go with the theory of having to make stellar signings in order to attract others. It overstretches clubs finances and rarely pays off. Remember, we were the polar opposite to that when we won it which was no fluke but more about having a true functioning team and good organisation. 

I'm sure that we are now able to fish in more expensive ponds but let's not kid ourselves. Our owners have already stated what sort of model they intend to use to try and build success. 

22 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Jeez I fear for your kids as you pair have extrodinary high standards, not that good, overrated, crumbs :S

Some players sometimes just don't fit a club, manager, line up etc he was Liverpools best player But a return to them is probably out of the question again due to the style he'd be a luxury player if you watch how they play a high line with VVD almost playing a quarter back roll, they bypass the midfield with VVD doing racking balls from the halfway line for Mane/Salah to run onto they don't build through generally.

As for "stop him cutting in and you negate a large part of his game" isn't that the same for any player but it's being able to do that, ala Mahrez we know what he will do but cant stop him, Hazard, Bergkamp etc the same

His situation Is a bit Like James Rodriguez another player that's called overrated because it didn't happen at Real despite it being ZZ reluctance in playing him in his #10 position/roll again very much like our James when pushed out to the left he is not the same player.

Rodgers knows how to manage him and would get the best out of him again for sure, although I very much doubt that we are actually in for him let alone pay the fees mooted, but if you don't think he'd improve us wait till he's at Chelsea and ripping us a new 1 next season.

It's not a case of doubting his talent and yesit would be great to have him here,  its more of a case of what talent he has isn't worth the potential asking price and risk for a club of our financial limitations. It's almost laughable. Take a look at our net spend in recent more successful seasons, combine that with the publicly stated intentions of how our owners wish to build our club and then reconcile that with the potential signing of such a player. It ain't gonna happen and neither should it. We need more than one player and he and his wage budget could arguably eat up two seasons extra finances on his own. Don't worry about my kids by the way, they're flying,  I don't set them extraordinarily high standards but do teach them to to keep their feet on the ground and not live in cloud cuckoo land. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's not a case of doubting his talent and yesit would be great to have him here,  its more of a case of what talent he has isn't worth the potential asking price and risk for a club of our financial limitations. It's almost laughable. Take a look at our net spend in recent more successful seasons, combine that with the publicly stated intentions of how our owners wish to build our club and then reconcile that with the potential signing of such a player. It ain't gonna happen and neither should it. We need more than one player and he and his wage budget could arguably eat up two seasons extra finances on his own. Don't worry about my kids by the way, they're flying,  I don't set them extraordinarily high standards but do teach them to to keep their feet on the ground and not live in cloud cuckoo land. 

Fully agree with the money side of the comment as I mentioned the same in my reply, it was more geared around the, he's good but not that good, part, because in the right environment he is an unbelievable player.

8 hours ago, don_danbury said:

the people jizzing over coutinho is hilarious. he's got to be one of the most overrated players ever.

And he wouldn’t improve the starting 11? He would be a great signing. Not happening is it but come on. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, dayday said:

Merc saying £66 million and Rodgers has made contact with Coutinho's agent, I must be dreaming.

Record signings never work out for us. 

Rather spend it on stadium improvements. *

* hope this comes back to bite me on the arse.